Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 2 votes

New Holiday and My Girl Putter's...

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 BigMike300c

BigMike300c

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18779
  • Ebay ID:Bigmike300c
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

My Girl
http://www.scottycam...del.aspx?id=397

Holiday
http://www.scottycam...del.aspx?id=398

don't like the my girl.. not a fan of the square back.. or the neck..

the holiday casanova is really nice.. a little boring but i like that it's simple.. and the HC is AWESOME!..

whats your thoughts on them?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 drewcatc

drewcatc

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36227
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

for the my girl, if you read the description a bit more you will see that it appears to be in between a newport and a squareback head.

Not too sure I am that keen on wither.  The Casanova looks like the ICC putter with weights.  More "flowing" and rounded than the Hollywood.  Also the HC doesn't appear to be leather, which surprises me (but I could be wrong).

Drew

#3 drpino

drpino

Hall of Fame

• Marshals
  • 7,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15339
  • Handicap:5.0

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:43 PM

Not a big fan of either... :blink:

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

Mizuno MP Craft 425 8.5* + Diamana Kai'li 70S : TM "Tour" R9 3W 15*@13.5* + Motore Speeder VC8.1S : TM "Tour" R9 4W 17*@18* + Motore Speeder VC8.2S

Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H 21* + UST/Mamiya ATTAS Intl Hybrid 100S : PING S55 4-W + Z-Z65 Cushin : Miura 54/14@53 + DGS400 : Titleist Vokey SM5 58.11K + DGW

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 33"/350g@34" + Nippon NS Pro Putter XXIP-D2 & Pistolini : Titleist ProV1x "CAA"

PING Hoofer Vantage White & Red Stitching Blue Piping : Bushnell Tour V2 : Adidas Adicross Gripmore

#4 SOONERMAGIC

SOONERMAGIC

With work comes reward.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85116
  • Handicap:.08
  • Ebay ID:mammothzac
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Well.. huge letdown.. I expected something that was not so ... bland

#5 Pure745

Pure745

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,814 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Handicap:Vnty
GolfWRX Likes : 1481

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:05 PM

I know that that Casanova headcover is a must have for me :)

SLDR 460 9.5˚ - Aldila Rogue 70TX
X2HP 15˚ - DI-8X
Titleist 712U 2-3 - DG Tour X100
Titleist 714 CB/MB 4-9 - DG Tour X100
Vokey SM5 47˚, TVD 54M & 60M
Scotty Cameron 009, Nike Rory Prototype
WITB Link

#6 RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor

Joe Drinking Hacker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17087
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

Why the name Casanova?  The "J Peterman" description is really bad, like a snake oil salesman's line back 130-140 years ago.  Tour proven design, well, yes it is.  T.P. Mills proved this design 30+ years ago.

"Celebrating international men of mystery and intrigue, Scotty’s latest “Concept” ...."

Really, Scotty's latest concept?  More like Scotty's latest copy.

That said, I do like the lines of it, the Merlot paint (Titleist in the cavity and sight line), and face milling.  I am not a huge fan of the Casanova engravings.  Remove the engravings, other than the Scotty Cameron and Titleist, and I do like this putter.  But then again, it wouldn't be a "Holiday" marketing cash cow, would it?

#7 Pure745

Pure745

Hall of Fame

• 5,814 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:25 PM

View PostRobotDoctor, on 21 November 2010 - 01:19 PM, said:

Why the name Casanova?  The "J Peterman" description is really bad, like a snake oil salesman's line back 130-140 years ago.  Tour proven design, well, yes it is.  T.P. Mills proved this design 30+ years ago.

"Celebrating international men of mystery and intrigue, Scotty’s latest “Concept” ...."

That said, I do like the lines of it, the Merlot paint (Titleist in the cavity and sight line), and face milling.  I am not a huge fan of the Casanova engravings.  Remove the engravings, other than the Scotty Cameron and Titleist, and I do like this putter.  But then again, it wouldn't be a "Holiday" marketing cash cow, would it?

Gotta love Robot keeping it real consistent with these posts on every SC thread he can find.. you order yours yet?  :friends:
X2HP 15˚ - DI-8X
WITB Link

#8 Pondy

Pondy

Happy Fourth of July

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77685
  • Ebay ID:btl
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

I like the Casanova.  I like the Square back style of putter too, but the My Girl theme is not for me, lol

#9 SOONERMAGIC

SOONERMAGIC

With work comes reward.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

"Celebrating international men of mystery and intrigue, Scotty's latest "Concept" ...."

Do you not understand.  Not many people care WHO invented the automobile, but Mercedes makes a very nice one now.    

Same story with putters, I (and not many others) care who pioneered the design, but who currently makes the most apealing package for myself with that design.

#10 dansrixon

dansrixon

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10162
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Casanova looks like a cheap last minute rip-off of the up-coming Never Compromise Gambler Series, as it has similar graphics....makes me think Scotty must be worried if he is trying to jump the gun by releasing this product.

Driver: 9.5 Srixon Z525 with Speeder 757
Fairway: 588 15.5 with  Kusala Blue
Hybrid: 588 18* with Miyazaki C.Kua 83
Irons: 588 MT 4, TT 5-PW X100
Wedges: Raw 588 Forged 50, 54, 58
Putter:  Never Compromise Dinero Tycoon

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 mrballance

mrballance

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29836

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

The headcover is neat, reminds me of the old Top Flite Tour Ace?? balls from a few years back

#12 RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor

Joe Drinking Hacker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

View PostPure745, on 21 November 2010 - 01:25 PM, said:

Gotta love Robot keeping it real consistent with these posts on every SC thread he can find.. you order yours yet?  :friends:

Yes, I ordered mine from David Mills and it is called a Heritage.  I have had it almost 2 years now.  It is a tremendous putter.  I have posted many positive comments about Cameron putters in many threads (like the one about the TeI3 and refinishing options).  Am I not free to post what I think on a public forum?  

View PostSOONERMAGIC, on 21 November 2010 - 02:41 PM, said:

"Celebrating international men of mystery and intrigue, Scotty's latest "Concept" ...."

Do you not understand.  Not many people care WHO invented the automobile, but Mercedes makes a very nice one now.    

Same story with putters, I (and not many others) care who pioneered the design, but who currently makes the most apealing package for myself with that design.

The problem I have is Cameron's blatant attempt to twist the fact that he is merely redesigning a putter.  He paints this putter as "his" creation when all he is doing is refining it to his tastes.  I have absolutely no problem with Cameron putting his spin on any putter.  Some of his refinements are outstanding, the 009 comes to mind, the Laguna 2.5 is another, the Bullseye, Coronado, and the Casanove as well.  I think they all look terrific.  That said, be purposefully hawks his putters and implies that they are his (and only his) creations.  That is pure rubbish.  This is the major reason I lost interest (or my fanaticism to be more accurate) in Cameron products.  Besides, can anyone honestly say that his schpeel about the Casanova isn't a little melodramatic?  The verbiage reminds me of a used car salesman.

Besides, this thread asks what member's opinions are so I do believe I am free to post what I thought.  I posted it and the two of you start slamming me?  I failed to read in the original post that only positive comments can be posted (and I did say that I liked the putter lines, paint, and face milling).  If you guys want that type of posting trend then I suggest you might want to go over to TCC because you will never read a post critical of Cameron, at least not for too long before the Mods or Vog deletes it.

#13 Pure745

Pure745

Hall of Fame

• 5,814 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

View PostRobotDoctor, on 21 November 2010 - 04:05 PM, said:

Yes, I ordered mine from David Mills and it is called a Heritage.  I have had it almost 2 years now.  It is a tremendous putter.  I have posted many positive comments about Cameron putters in many threads (like the one about the TeI3 and refinishing options).  Am I not free to post what I think on a public forum?  

I never said you weren't :) But I did enjoy reading the same post, almost verbatim on here and putter talk in regards to the same putter (and similarly with every other thread related to SC that you voice your "positive" comments about).

Keep the "many positive" comments coming, I enjoy reading them.  :good:  :deadhorse:
X2HP 15˚ - DI-8X
WITB Link

#14 SOONERMAGIC

SOONERMAGIC

With work comes reward.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

The problem I have is Cameron's blatant attempt to twist the fact that he is merely redesigning a putter.  He paints this putter as "his" creation when all he is doing is refining it to his tastes.  I have absolutely no problem with Cameron putting his spin on any putter.  Some of his refinements are outstanding, the 009 comes to mind, the Laguna 2.5 is another, the Bullseye, Coronado, and the Casanove as well.  I think they all look terrific.  That said, be purposefully hawks his putters and implies that they are his (and only his) creations.  That is pure rubbish.  This is the major reason I lost interest (or my fanaticism to be more accurate) in Cameron products.  Besides, can anyone honestly say that his schpeel about the Casanova isn't a little melodramatic?  The verbiage reminds me of a used car salesman.

Besides, this thread asks what member's opinions are so I do believe I am free to post what I thought. I posted it and the two of you start slamming me?  I failed to read in the original post that only positive comments can be posted (and I did say that I liked the putter lines, paint, and face milling).  If you guys want that type of posting trend then I suggest you might want to go over to TCC because you will never read a post critical of Cameron, at least not for too long before the Mods or Vog deletes it.

Slamming?  

I just read my post again.  Didnt see any slamming, just made consumer trends more understandable to the GP (general public).

Sooo..   Sorry.    

I wasnt slamming you, but... .
Posted Image

#15 golfluvzme

golfluvzme

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 937
  • Ebay ID:golfluvzme
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

I like the fact that Scotty takes the time to put out a putter that really caters to the ladies, each year.  He has the marketing machine to make it a viable option, so it works out great.
The Casanova really doesn't strike a "NEW" chord with me, as far as design goes, more of a "re-design", but I'll say that it is a style that I really like.
Cutting edge?  Not really.  
Will I buy?  Nope, but not for lack of liking the putters.
Any gripes?  Nope.  
Scotty pushes all putter makers to keep stuff new or different and that is a good thing.  His artistic side is something that I really dig.  You never know what is coming next.  It may be a copy or a twist on someone else's original, or it may be something totally out of left field.
Keeps it interesting, either way.

Just my 2-cents.
LaMont in AZ

Edit:  As far as the comment regarding not caring WHO pioneered the designs, shame on you.  If we forget that there were great minds that created the base designs that we all take for granted, we begin to get more full of ourselves than we have any right to be.
There were GREAT putter makers in this game, long before Scotty came along.  HE would be the first to confirm that.  Take the time to appreciate the great putters we have now and be thankful that the guys who came before were some incredible makers in their day.
Once again, just my2-cents.

Edited by golfluvzme, 21 November 2010 - 04:39 PM.

#16 RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor

Joe Drinking Hacker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

View PostPure745, on 21 November 2010 - 04:27 PM, said:

I never said you weren't :) But I did enjoy reading the same post, almost verbatim on here and putter talk in regards to the same putter (and similarly with every other thread related to SC that you voice your "positive" comments about).

Keep the "many positive" comments coming, I enjoy reading them.  :good:  :deadhorse:

It was not "almost" verbatim, it WAS verbatim.  :D

Go over to PT because I just made a positive comment about Cameron putters.  <shock>

:) :friends:

#17 RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor

Joe Drinking Hacker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

View PostSOONERMAGIC, on 21 November 2010 - 04:32 PM, said:

Besides, this thread asks what member's opinions are so I do believe I am free to post what I thought. I posted it and the two of you start slamming me?  I failed to read in the original post that only positive comments can be posted (and I did say that I liked the putter lines, paint, and face milling).  If you guys want that type of posting trend then I suggest you might want to go over to TCC because you will never read a post critical of Cameron, at least not for too long before the Mods or Vog deletes it.

Slamming?  

I just read my post again.  Didnt see any slamming, just made consumer trends more understandable to the GP (general public).

Sooo..   Sorry.    

I wasnt slamming you, but... .
Posted Image

Ok, slamming might be a little too sensitive on my part.  Sorry.  Besides I don't want to mess with Texas Ranger Walker and his bad a** truck!  :)

However, seeing Cameron dupe the GP with the garbage schpeel makes me (and many others) sick.  I can't believe that people honestly buy into this garbage.  If he would only go back to his roots and put out simple, non-marketing focused putters then maybe I would appreciate his works better.  A minimal stamped 009 (even without the Circle T) is such a classy putter and one I would be proud to yield.

Here is an analogy:  It seems as if Cameron went from Caddyshack and has evolved into Caddyshack II.

Attached Thumbnails

• caddyshack.jpg
  • caddyshack II.jpg

#18 Pondy

Pondy

Happy Fourth of July

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77685
  • Ebay ID:btl
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

"If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all"

#19 Scaldy

Scaldy

Professional Putter Association

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113881
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:20 PM

View Postgolfluvzme, on 21 November 2010 - 04:36 PM, said:

I like the fact that Scotty takes the time to put out a putter that really caters to the ladies, each year.

Just my 2-cents.
LaMont in AZ

I will politely disagree with this statement. I think if Scotty was truly creating a putter for the ladies he would offer a 32" model and a 33" model. I also think the "My Girl" designs are hyper feminized with bright colors and frankly over the top, stereotypical designs. All girls love bright flowers? Hearts? Pink? Are we that transparent?

And the real irony is that more guys than girls buy the putter for their "wall collection". Even if a girl really wants to get into a My Girl putter the price point is ludicrous for the average female golfer. Scotty makes them limited runs which drives up the price and makes the putters a commodity more than a functional female putter.

I own and play a Scotty Cameron, like the brand, quality etc. but I think the My Girl concept has some obvious flaws.

#20 golfluvzme

golfluvzme

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 937
  • Ebay ID:golfluvzme
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:31 PM

Scaldy,
You make a valid point in your length and possibly even cost issues.  I would say that it would be worth your time to make this same observation in a letter to the Studio.  Not joking, not a bit.  If Scotty truly wants to make a putter that women can buy, putt with and enjoy, he can make it happen.  
The cost part may be a tough nut to crack, but that is something that the market truly dictates, IMHO.
Well put and I appreciate your making the point without getting over the top.
Now, get on that note to the Studio and let's see if he listens.  
Thanks again,
LaMont in AZ

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor

Joe Drinking Hacker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

View Postgolfluvzme, on 21 November 2010 - 06:31 PM, said:

Now, get on that note to the Studio and let's see if he listens.  
Thanks again,
LaMont in AZ

What are the odds that Cameron listens to any note that is critical an offering of his.  I'll take the bet that he does not listen and does what he wants.  There are enough people out there that will buy what ever he puts out and not even blink an eye so why would he change?

#22 Slapjax7s

Slapjax7s

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11286
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:43 PM

For me the Holiday putter is more and more worse than in previous years. The 2002 Newport 2 Was great! The finish, the head cover, now its just a plain old putter.

I was going to get a my girl, but Id rather buy a button back instead.

#23 jh19

jh19

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15565
  • Ebay ID:supradriftin
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

I can't like the Casanova, it's too much of a copy. But if I could change the paintfill on the flangelines of the MyGirl I'd game it!

Edited by jh19, 21 November 2010 - 07:13 PM.

R1 9.5* Kiyoshi 65x
RBZ Tour 14.5* Devo 75x
712U 3 S300
710 AP2 4-PW C-Taper S+
SC Squareback
Trusty Rusty 53, Vokey TVD 60*

#24 Spurs210

Spurs210

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117855

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

Any one know the price of the Casanova putter, and where I can order one??
Thanks

#25 SOONERMAGIC

SOONERMAGIC

With work comes reward.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:12 PM

View Postgolfluvzme, on 21 November 2010 - 04:36 PM, said:

Edit:  As far as the comment regarding not caring WHO pioneered the designs, shame on you.  If we forget that there were great minds that created the base designs that we all take for granted, we begin to get more full of ourselves than we have any right to be.
There were GREAT putter makers in this game, long before Scotty came along.  HE would be the first to confirm that.  Take the time to appreciate the great putters we have now and be thankful that the guys who came before were some incredible makers in their day.
Once again, just my2-cents.

It is sad, but its the truth.    

I dont particularly care if someone ELSE originally designed the putter is more of what I was trying to convey.

Again only my .02 which in this economy is worth .05.  

hehehe

#26 reg1900

reg1900

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114861
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

Love the shape of the mygirl, colour makes me want to vomit, much like the price would.

I have a squareback and really like the slight change in shape for the mygirl. If it was a general run and wasn't pink I'd buy it and sell my squareback.

#27 BogeyDog11

BogeyDog11

Don's Twin Brother!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113721
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

View PostPondy, on 21 November 2010 - 05:28 PM, said:

"If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all"

OR........."Better to be silent and let everyone think your an idiot, then to speak and remove all doubt".

This site just needs a "Dirty Laundry" section where these guys with chips on their shoulders can go and amuse themselves everyday over and over and over and over and over and..................
I'm no Cameron fan but to have the same guys sing the same tune in each and every Cameron thread is just plain boring.

Edited by drpino, 21 November 2010 - 07:48 PM.
DON'T EDIT BACK IN WHAT WAS REMOVED - removed unncessary comment directed at a specific group of members here

#28 drpino

drpino

Hall of Fame

• Marshals
  • 7,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15339
  • Handicap:5.0

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

View PostBogeyDog11, on 21 November 2010 - 07:43 PM, said:

This site just needs a "Dirty Laundry" section where these guys with chips on their shoulders can go and amuse themselves everyday over and over and over and over and over and..................

There is a section devoted to just that:  The Cooler - http://www.golfwrx.c...-heated-topics/

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

Mizuno MP Craft 425 8.5* + Diamana Kai'li 70S : TM "Tour" R9 3W 15*@13.5* + Motore Speeder VC8.1S : TM "Tour" R9 4W 17*@18* + Motore Speeder VC8.2S

Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H 21* + UST/Mamiya ATTAS Intl Hybrid 100S : PING S55 4-W + Z-Z65 Cushin : Miura 54/14@53 + DGS400 : Titleist Vokey SM5 58.11K + DGW

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 33"/350g@34" + Nippon NS Pro Putter XXIP-D2 & Pistolini : Titleist ProV1x "CAA"

PING Hoofer Vantage White & Red Stitching Blue Piping : Bushnell Tour V2 : Adidas Adicross Gripmore

#29 weaver93

weaver93

Tour Winner

• 952 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56707
  • Ebay ID:weaver93
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

On a side note Karl Benz is considered the inventor of the modern automobile (built in Mannheim in 1885). So he gets first and very nice one now!

Ralph Stein (1967). The Automobile Book. Paul Hamlyn Ltd

Oh yeah......the putters are OK

#30 xxio

xxio

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 541
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:15 AM

Happy Poker day to everyone!! Btw when is that holiday celebrated again?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors