Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ping irons - lie adjustment

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 schmidlack

schmidlack

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

On the Ping i series irons, what is the range they can be safely bent for lie adjustments?
Can a good club builder do it, or do they have to be sent to Ping?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 NPVWhiz

NPVWhiz

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11443
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

On Ping's website in the club repair section they have a listing of the different models and how much they can be adjusted.  I would send them back to Ping to have them adjusted.  The reasoning I've most often heard is that the way they adjust the irons, using a fixture and a mallet, overcomes the tendency of cast 17-4 to recover to its original shape when bent using the usual bending bar approach that most clubmakers use.

#3 bigbore56

bigbore56

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116902
  • Ebay ID:littlerascal56
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:14 AM

I also asked my pro shop this question.  He said Ping only recommends 4 degrees up or down because their clubheads are so hard (he claims they are the hardest to bend in the industry).  He also remarked that he had broken one in the past, and really suggests that customers send Ping irons back to the factory for adjustments.

#4 schmidlack

schmidlack

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:47 AM

Thanks guys.  I didn't want to hear that I'd have to send them back, it's such as nuisance to ship stuff.  But I want it done right, so I may have to go that route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors