Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cameron 009 is like?

37 replies to this topic

#31 ZombieDave

ZombieDave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28805
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:46 AM

So is it a good thing or a bad thing that Cameron wasn't the first to copy it...?

Anyways... the thing I find odd isn't that he (and every other manufacturer) has copied the Ping Anser.  What I find odd is that after loads of research in the putter lab, with the best tour pros, and equipment to use, he's discovered that the perfect putting stroke is an arc, and the best putters to use for this stroke have 1/4 toe hang, and that's why most Scotty Cameron putters have 1/4 toe hang.

It's obviously pure coincidence that Karsten Solheim's Anser putters happened to have the same toe hang 50 years ago, before all of Scotty Cameron's research.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 821
GolfWRX Likes : 370

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:43 AM

So there is one perfect putting stroke for all people? Oh boy.

Around the time the patent ran out on the anser (1984 I think) several people made their own versions. There's a difference in one's own take on the most popular head and a duplicate CAD file slipping through the cracks.
Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

#33 Tinuke

Tinuke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41275
  • Handicap:4.7
  • Ebay ID:Tinuke
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

I once drank the Kool-Aid too and I had a nice collection of camerons including the elusive Classic 1 (READ 009). But I am a playa, feel playa to boot,  and I use my stuff. In my desire to have two exact putters with identical feel I found out the nasty truth. Two exact Cameron putters do not feel the same. In fact the headweights are across the board. I then think back to a tour I had at Cleveland Golf. I learned that all of the heads are now made in China. The cost is significantly less but quality control is very poor. In fact Cleveland has guys adding heck of weights to heads during iron assembly to get the swingweights more consistent.  That said, I know why Camerons do not feel the same. They are mass produced in CHINA.

I wanted more for my club dollars especially since Scotty increased putter costs to the $300 range. (How much is a set of irons???!) So I sold all my Camerons (Thank$$$ Scotty Fans) and I called David Mills. End of story.
Tinuke
J33 420 (9.5) / 460 (10.5) 980F (17)
J33B 3-P
Gearhart 52
T.P. Mills Softail mini /  Ming Proto
Hogan Special SI

#34 Arafel

Arafel

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14708
GolfWRX Likes : 816

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostTinuke, on 20 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

I once drank the Kool-Aid too and I had a nice collection of camerons including the elusive Classic 1 (READ 009). But I am a playa, feel playa to boot,  and I use my stuff. In my desire to have two exact putters with identical feel I found out the nasty truth. Two exact Cameron putters do not feel the same. In fact the headweights are across the board. I then think back to a tour I had at Cleveland Golf. I learned that all of the heads are now made in China. The cost is significantly less but quality control is very poor. In fact Cleveland has guys adding heck of weights to heads during iron assembly to get the swingweights more consistent.  That said, I know why Camerons do not feel the same. They are mass produced in CHINA.

I wanted more for my club dollars especially since Scotty increased putter costs to the $300 range. (How much is a set of irons???!) So I sold all my Camerons (Thank$$$ Scotty Fans) and I called David Mills. End of story.

I'm sort of scratching my head here............why did you post this in a two year old thread?

#35 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 10,970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 1403

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

View Postsustain, on 20 November 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'm sort of scratching my head here............why did you post this in a two year old thread?

Probably been waiting to get that off his chest. Hopefully he feels better. GolfWRX can be quite therapeutic. :-)

Kevin

I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
========================================
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE
========================================

#36 hebron1427

hebron1427

Older. Slower. Weaker. AtlJeff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114354
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

some neat history in this thread, regardless of the assinine way it was uncovered.

#37 Arafel

Arafel

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14708
GolfWRX Likes : 816

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

View Postsustain, on 20 November 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'm still scratcing my head... :beruo:

#38 502 to Right

502 to Right

Badds

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,403 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23773
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1694

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Cameron has too many eyeballs on his production to get away with Chinese production when he publically declares his putter heads are milled in Southern California.  He's still a ****** bag though.  And you can take that downtown and print it!

Edited by 502 to Right, 21 November 2012 - 01:47 AM.

Driver through LW: mostly Cleveland
Putter: Anser 2 style made by Titleist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors