Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 4 votes

Shirts on the course. Tucked or Un-tucked?

781 replies to this topic

Poll: On the course are you tucked or un-tucked? (1694 member(s) have cast votes)

On the course are you tucked or un-tucked?

1. Tucked (1161 votes [68.54%])

Percentage of vote: 68.54%

2. Un-tucked (533 votes [31.46%])

Percentage of vote: 31.46%

Vote

#61 scotchblade

scotchblade

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23836
  • Ebay ID:basichip
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:52 PM

View Postelrey23, on 13 October 2010 - 06:44 PM, said:

I've never had it be a problem at any course I've played. No one has ever asked me to tuck in my shirt, period.
Just to be clear, you have never been asked to tuck as an invited guest at a private club?  I find that hard to believe as a tucked shirt is a standard dress code requirement.  Munis and public courses, I can see, but private?  It just doesn't happen that guests are permitted to get away with their shirts untucked.  Ditto for tee shirts, jeans, cell phones, etc.  If they do not cooperate, the member is written up and that reflects very poorly on you.  Bye bye future invite, bye bye doing business together.  That's how it works.  

Something tells me that if you are invited to Cypress Point, you'll tuck.

Edited by scotchblade, 13 October 2010 - 08:53 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 Ian

Ian

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21066
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

Not sure if I understand the comment, "Todays fashion allows for more leeway in that regard". We're in trouble if we let the fashion industry dictate our standards. Ooops...never mind, they already are.

Ventilation? Why don't we just unzip our fly, take off our hat and tear the shirt sleeves off? Now there's ventilation.

In my opinion, there has been a steady reduction in traditions, standards, and respect for rules, laws and each other in the last couple of decades. If we keep putting our desire to do our own thing ahead of accepted standards, laws or whatever, it's gonna get ugly.

I like Ben Hogans example pic. AK will learn.
Tuck, please.

#63 elrey23

elrey23

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64294
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

View Postscotchblade, on 13 October 2010 - 08:52 PM, said:

View Postelrey23, on 13 October 2010 - 06:44 PM, said:

I've never had it be a problem at any course I've played. No one has ever asked me to tuck in my shirt, period.
Just to be clear, you have never been asked to tuck as an invited guest at a private club?  I find that hard to believe as a tucked shirt is a standard dress code requirement.  Munis and public courses, I can see, but private?  It just doesn't happen that guests are permitted to get away with their shirts untucked.  Ditto for tee shirts, jeans, cell phones, etc.  If they do not cooperate, the member is written up and that reflects very poorly on you.  Bye bye future invite, bye bye doing business together.  That's how it works.  

Something tells me that if you are invited to Cypress Point, you'll tuck.

Never been an invited guest at a private club, so no. Not that many private clubs where I live. Most courses are public or semi-private. I've played every course you can think of in Palm Springs and in Florida, never been asked to tuck. They weren't private clubs but still, nice courses. It's not that big of a deal, I just don't tuck. If it means I can't play Cypress then so be it. Life is too short.

#64 scotchblade

scotchblade

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23836
  • Ebay ID:basichip
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

View Postelrey23, on 13 October 2010 - 09:34 PM, said:

Never been an invited guest at a private club, so no.  If it means I can't play Cypress then so be it. Life is too short.
OK, fair enough, I can fully accept that.  Peace.

Now I just need to wrap my head around turning down a chance to play Cypress Point because you have to tuck your shirt in.  Life is too short - to pass up chances like that!

The good news is the weather there is quite cool and you could just wear an outer layer over the untucked shirt.

Cheers!
:drinks:

#65 3 Jack Par

3 Jack Par

Greatest Putter Ever

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45414
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

View PostIan, on 13 October 2010 - 08:53 PM, said:

Ventilation? Why don't we just unzip our fly, take off our hat and tear the shirt sleeves off? Now there's ventilation.
Ah, the slippery slope argument.  A time honored tradition of taking an idea to its most ridiculous extremes and avoiding the actual issue.

In my opinion, there has been a steady reduction in traditions, standards, and respect for rules, laws and each other in the last couple of decades. If we keep putting our desire to do our own thing ahead of accepted standards, laws or whatever, it's gonna get ugly.

So, playing golf with your shirt untucked is contributing to the decline of civilization?  You think you may be putting a bit too much importance on what other people wear?  I'm all for rules/laws/etc. when there's some kind of larger interest that's being protected, but if it's a matter of whether a person wants to play golf with an untucked shirt, no one is being adversely affected by that.  And frankly, this kind of stuffy attitude is the kind of thing that turns people off from the game.

If a club has a dress code, I respect that, and I'll adhere to it, and I think anyone who plays there should do the same, but if it's a matter of someone clucking at the audacity of a shirt tail flapping in the breeze, I respectfully submit that they should get over themself, stop judging people based on their appearance, and concentrate on splitting the fairway.

Ping G25 8.5*, 44.5" AD BB 6x
Ping G25 15* AD BB 7x, 913F 19* D83X
913 Hd 23*, Diamana D+ White 102x
4-PW - Ping S56 Yellow dot, DG X100
Ping Tour Gorge 54/Vokey SM5 58 K Grind
Byron Morgan 612/007/DH89
WITB Link

#66 playmuch

playmuch

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43638
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:07 AM

i belong to a private club, so tucked in is the only way. If its untucked and a old member sees you , you better start running.

#67 Rko1011

Rko1011

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81060
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:23 AM

I shoot 70s consistantly and I go play golf in dickie's or basketball shorts and a dri fit shirt with my air force ones on and a titleist hat...and IDC what golf club it is thats how I play and I can proabaly beat nay shirt tucked in pants with belt and golf shoes goofy looking guy any day.

#68 Dr_evil

Dr_evil

Major Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113620
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:54 AM

For me it depends on teh cut of the shirt, sometimes I'll wear one that is just short enough to hit the belt line so I dont need to tuck it in meaning I don't feel restricted. I make sure it has a nice fitted tlook to it and a short body and then I can swing free and it still looks half decent

#69 Ian

Ian

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

View PostTiger Jr., on 13 October 2010 - 10:25 PM, said:

Ah, the slippery slope argument.  A time honored tradition of taking an idea to its most ridiculous extremes and avoiding the actual issue.

So, playing golf with your shirt untucked is contributing to the decline of civilization?  You think you may be putting a bit too much importance on what other people wear?  I'm all for rules/laws/etc. when there's some kind of larger interest that's being protected, but if it's a matter of whether a person wants to play golf with an untucked shirt, no one is being adversely affected by that.  And frankly, this kind of stuffy attitude is the kind of thing that turns people off from the game.

If a club has a dress code, I respect that, and I'll adhere to it, and I think anyone who plays there should do the same, but if it's a matter of someone clucking at the audacity of a shirt tail flapping in the breeze, I respectfully submit that they should get over themself, stop judging people based on their appearance, and concentrate on splitting the fairway.

Wow...didn't mean to sound stuffy or judgemental. My friends would suggest I'm far from it. Guess I hit the wrong note while trying to be funny.

My simple point is that if everyone gets used to untucked shirts and it becomes the norm, then what will be next? I'm guessing tank tops for "ventilation", and cut off jean shorts hanging off the a**. No, it doesn't mean civilization will decline, it's simply the progression of relaxed standards that will not be easily stopped or reversed.

It's the old saying, "Give them an inch and they'll take a foot" that best describes the "dress code" at a high school near my house. Uniforms were dropped many years ago and the obvious changes have taken place. The guys dress like gangsters and the girls...well lets just say they don't look like students. Dilution of codes, expectations and rules at it's best.

So just to clarify, I simply don't want our game to give up it's promise of high standards, proper ettiquette and respect for all aspects of the game. It's not the untucked shirt that gets me as much as the "who gives a shite" thought process. Well frankly, many of us give a shite.

#70 elrey23

elrey23

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64294
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

View PostKMeloney, on 14 October 2010 - 07:46 AM, said:

View Postelrey23, on 13 October 2010 - 09:34 PM, said:

It's not that big of a deal, I just don't tuck. If it means I can't play Cypress then so be it. Life is too short.

Wait -- Are you serious?  You wouldn't play a nice course that requires you to tuck your shirt in because of your fundamental stance on shirt-tucking?  Life is too short to let a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity threaten your tucking principles?  Am I reading this correctly?

This thread keeps getting better.  Let's keep it going.

Dead serious. It might come off as me being a dick but that's not it at all and not the attitude I would have when dealing with it. At the bottom of it all, I just don't want to spend the day fidgeting with my shirt and constantly adjusting it. Golf isn't basketball but there is athletic movement and it's not gonna stay tucked without constant maintenance and I just don't like doing that. It's as simple as that, really.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#71 JLTD63

JLTD63

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70526
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:31 PM

aaaahahahahahahahahaha!!  I can't stop laughing here!!  

Almost as good as the guy who mentioned in a thread that he's "always had people to take care of mundane chores like housework, laundry, and lawn care" or something like that.

I love the internet!!

#72 mat562

mat562

My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

View PostJLTD63, on 14 October 2010 - 12:31 PM, said:

Almost as good as the guy who mentioned in a thread that he's "always had people to take care of mundane chores like housework, laundry, and lawn care" or something like that.

I love the internet!!
To be fair, people like that do exist. I live with one of them.

Edited by mat562, 14 October 2010 - 12:36 PM.

#73 tElihu

tElihu

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87680
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:44 PM

I find it humorous that some uppity club member wearing a 15 year-old Aureus shirt that's three sizes too big (or small) and tight, Loud Mouth Bermuda shorts is considered more appropriately attired than someone with a nicely tailored mock turtleneck or (un-tucked) camp-shirt and nicely pressed slacks.

Golf fashion is an oxymoron.

#74 JLTD63

JLTD63

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70526
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

View Postmat562, on 14 October 2010 - 12:35 PM, said:

View PostJLTD63, on 14 October 2010 - 12:31 PM, said:

I love the internet!!
To be fair, people like that do exist. I live with one of them.

Oh man, that must be fun! I don't doubt the existence of folks like that...I just can't resist laughing when they post something like that and think it's impressive to all us regular pee-ons!

#75 BogeyDog11

BogeyDog11

Don's Twin Brother!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113721
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

Great debate but lets be mindful of and respect the board rules; http://www.golfwrx.c...for-the-forums/

#76 tElihu

tElihu

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

View PostKMeloney, on 14 October 2010 - 01:05 PM, said:

View PosttElihu, on 14 October 2010 - 12:44 PM, said:

I find it humorous that some uppity club member wearing a 15 year-old Aureus shirt that's three sizes too big (or small) and tight, Loud Mouth Bermuda shorts is considered more appropriately attired than someone with a nicely tailored mock turtleneck or (un-tucked) camp-shirt and nicely pressed slacks.

You expose yourself when you naturally associate "uppity" with "club member."  You don't even need to clarify your position after that.  

Never knew tucking your shirt in was so debilitating, emasculating, and socially polarizing.  Wow.

Obviously I do need to clarify my position, since I don't associate uppity with club member. That's your assumption and it's wrong. I only associate those that judge others based on what they wear and how they wear it as uppity.  (And I only used club member since it's much more prevalent at a club. Doesn't happen much on a public course.)

Btw, your second statement speaks volumes. It's interesting that those who desire to wear their shirt un-tucked are considered debilitated, emasculated, unreasonable slobs, but if someone calls the opposing opinion uppity ,you take exception.

#77 siegler2

siegler2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97392
  • Ebay ID:gopher-state
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:51 PM

I'd like to be tucked, but it always ends up untucked anyway so I just start there.

#78 BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger

I am a horrible golfer but I like Beer!

• 2,872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73088
GolfWRX Likes : 457

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

Geez, it all depends where you play. I play alot of municipal courses that are not very upscale.  My buddies wear tank tops or T-shirt shirts. I usually wear a nice golf shirt and leave it untucked. I'm not the 160 pound masher I used to be,  so I just prefer to wear it like this for comfort.

If I play a Country club or upscale  private course, then I will wear my shirt tucked in and a belt.  It's really not a big deal and seems like common sense.
10.5* PING G30 Tour 65 Stiff
15* RBZ Matrix Ozik 7/S
18* RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S
23* PING G25 TFC-189 Stiff
PING G20 5-LW CFS Stiff Black Dot
34" Bettinardi Studio Stock 15

#79 DieHard519

DieHard519

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97466
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:26 PM

Is this a fashion debate or just an etiquette debate?  Or is it both?

Some people think it's a cooler look to not tuck the shirt in.  Other's disagree and tuck them in.  There is two sides to the coin in this debate........only difference is that one of the sides just got polished and the other is still a mess.  I have buddies who I golf with who never tuck their shirts in.  Personally I think it's lazy and shows poor etiquette.  But what do they care, they're just weekend hackers.

#80 3 Jack Par

3 Jack Par

Greatest Putter Ever

• 3,293 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

I may have taken a couple of your comments the wrong way -- I didn't really organize my thoughts very well for that post, and I was responding to a bunch of different comments, and not just you.  Sorry if I came across as a bit snippy.:drinks:

I still don't buy the slippery slope argument -- most people understand that there is appropriate attire for various activities and situations, and the tuck/untuck thing is a gray area on the course.  Not so much with tank tops and jorts (jorts have no place anywhere, but that's another discussion altogether...)

WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#81 KarstenK

KarstenK

Hey Chopper, what you hitting there?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9017
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

Tucked most of the time. I'll let it go untucked if I'm using my pushcart on a muni and its a hot day.
Callaway BB 10* Kusala Blue
Ping G25 17* & 20* hybrids
Ping i20 4-GW KBS Tour R+
Callaway X-forged 56* MD
Ping Eye 2 XG 60*
Ping Ketsch

#82 tElihu

tElihu

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

In my original post, I'm talking about judging proper attire, NOT about following rules . You responded to my post, not vice-versa. And, although unreasonable is not, the word slob is used throughout this thread.

I find it humorous that some golfer wearing a 15 year-old  Aureus shirt that's three sizes too big (or small) and tight, Loud Mouth  Bermuda shorts is considered more appropriately attired than someone  with a nicely tailored mock turtleneck or (un-tucked) camp-shirt and  nicely pressed slacks.

Is that less objectionable to you?

#83 nochct1

nochct1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57177
  • Ebay ID:dlcloser
GolfWRX Likes : 493

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

I think the problem is that we're seeing a complete change in dress and appearance across the board. when i started working out of college i would wear a suit to work. now, very few companies require suits. I see more and more people throw on a tie and think it's "dressing up", when in the past most men wouldn't wear a tie without a jacket. I think its sad when i go grocery shopping and the store is filled with people in oversized sweatpants. what happened to the days of actually putting on jean/pants and going out. i've actually gone out to dinner and have seen people wearing sweats and t shirts. don't even get me started on the way people dress for church (and im not a religious person).
all of this has carried over to the golf course. years ago people would put on a descent shirt or pants and a collared shirt and it would be tucked in. but now dressing like a slob has become so accepted that golfers think its ok to have their shirt hanging out of their cargo shorts. it makes the course look like crap and in some cases takes away from the experience of playing a nice course.

#84 BogeyDog11

BogeyDog11

Don's Twin Brother!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113721
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

I may have to change my vote.  Untucked never looked better.

Attached Thumbnails

• nat.jpg

#85 Bobbers

Bobbers

Major Winner

• 1,863 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68323
  • Ebay ID:bob122ate
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

I swear that someone could start a post that said, "I like to golf on Sunday morning..." and within fifteen posts it would turn into an argument...lol.

While you're at it (and the poll results, by the way, appear to be 4 tucked for every 1 untucked), if it IS tucked should it be bloused a bit at the waist or tight at the belt line????  lolol

#86 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Hall of Fame

• 6,800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 731

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:51 PM

CC or upscale public=tucked
Muni-who really cares, depends on the shorts and shirt, time of year and who I am playing with.

I often play at a CC where it is required, I respect that and actually like the fact it is enforced.  I also like to look nice and neat when playing most courses, however when playing at a municipal course with all kinds of people playing the dress code is not as strict.  

Last Sunday after watching football I went to the muni across the street from where I live to hit balls at the range, I was wearing cargos and a t-shirt.  The guy in the pro shop told me the course was open and I could play 9 if I wanted, just pay the twilight fee and walk to the tee, played 3 balls per hole, carried my bag and I was wearing my lawn mowing clothes.  

Like many things in golf and life,.....it just depends....

Edited by dlygrisse, 14 October 2010 - 10:56 PM.

Titleist 910 10.5
Nike Covert 3 wood,Ping I20 5 wood
Titleist 910 H 21*
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-P
SC Bullseye Flange
Miura 53* Y grind, SM2 58.12

#87 mandudebro

mandudebro

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92200
  • Ebay ID:mandudebro
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

Shirt... - I don't thinks so...

JohnDalyputting2008_04_22_1208871393.jpg
Adams Fast12ls 8.5* / Fubuki K 70s
Mizuno MPti 15* / Aldila VS Proto 80s
Adams Idea Pro a12 20* / RIP VS Proto 80
Mizuno MP60 / TTDG S300
Vokey 52*, Mizuno 56*, TM 60*
Nike Method 003

#88 3 Jack Par

3 Jack Par

Greatest Putter Ever

• 3,293 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

View Postnochct1, on 14 October 2010 - 04:52 PM, said:

it makes the course look like crap and in some cases takes away from the experience of playing a nice course.
This is the sentiment I don't get.  Why does another player's attire have any impact on your experience on the golf course?  It's an honest question, because I'm usually too busy thinking about my game to spend any time noticing how other people are dressed.

I also don't understand the stigma against cargo shorts, but that's another thread.
WITB Link

#89 Ian

Ian

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:39 AM

View PostTiger Jr., on 14 October 2010 - 04:01 PM, said:

I may have taken a couple of your comments the wrong way -- I didn't really organize my thoughts very well for that post, and I was responding to a bunch of different comments, and not just you.  Sorry if I came across as a bit snippy.:drinks:

I still don't buy the slippery slope argument -- most people understand that there is appropriate attire for various activities and situations, and the tuck/untuck thing is a gray area on the course.  Not so much with tank tops and jorts (jorts have no place anywhere, but that's another discussion altogether...)
Thanks Tiger JR, but no apology necessary! I appreciate the opportunity to debate a topic close to my heart (and many others it seems lol) and I usually learn something in the process.
You are right in saying that most people will wear the appropriate clothing for various events and activities. But like "nochct1" suggests in his post, there is a widespread and growing acceptance of dressing down at every turn. I guess that's why I see this as a threat to dress codes and other standards in the future....and not just in golf.
Keep your thoughts coming, this has grown into quite a discussion! Thanks for your note.

#90 nochct1

nochct1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57177
  • Ebay ID:dlcloser
GolfWRX Likes : 493

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

View PostTiger Jr., on 15 October 2010 - 09:18 AM, said:

View Postnochct1, on 14 October 2010 - 04:52 PM, said:

it makes the course look like crap and in some cases takes away from the experience of playing a nice course.
This is the sentiment I don't get.  Why does another player's attire have any impact on your experience on the golf course?  It's an honest question, because I'm usually too busy thinking about my game to spend any time noticing how other people are dressed.

I also don't understand the stigma against cargo shorts, but that's another thread.

Because I take clients out to play golf on a regular basis, and often times its when I'm traveling for work,  so I try to find an upscale public course to bring them. An upscale public course generally has the feel of a private club and seeing someone in oversized cargos with their shirt un-tucked changes the experience. Its like taking a client to a nice steak dinner and having a group next to you in tee shirts and sneakers.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors