Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

my miss is hitting toward the toe......

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rockmastermike

rockmastermike

In Tyler We Trust

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13888
  • Ebay ID:miracleman67
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hey guys, I'm a 12 and tend to hit a straight ball...usually either in the sweetspot or out toward the toe, never miss closer to the heel....does this mean my lie is too flat or too upright. Or totally something else.
thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 bioman

bioman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81752
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

Swing path most likely.  If you're too flat, then your club will dig in the toe area first.  Opposite if your too upright.

#3 rockmastermike

rockmastermike

In Tyler We Trust

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

thanks bioman! when you say swingpath, does that mean I need to simply lift/raise my hands at address to keep me from getting too flat or should I change my takeaway?

thank you

#4 mtsmith

mtsmith

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59671
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

Check your lie angles (ie fitting) and check your swing path  (OTT usually causes toe contact)

#5 bioman

bioman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81752
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:26 PM

If you are hitting on the toe, it could be due to an out to in swing from the top (ie. over-the-top).  Without video's, we don't know.  But that is the most common reason for toe shots, fat shots, pulls, slices, etc.  If it is OTT, you'll get a lot of responses on how to fix it.  One thing that is simple to do is to takeaway the club more on the inside towards your right heel and focus on hitting the inside-back section of the ball.  Another thing that may help is to feel like swinging to right field if you were playing baseball.

#6 rockmastermike

rockmastermike

In Tyler We Trust

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

I'll search for OTT - thanks!