Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What shaft equals Hogan Apex 3?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fundadores

Fundadores

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100521
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

Just bought a Hogan Apex -99 blades. These are fitted with Project X 6.0 that probably will be to stiff for me. Im playing Hogan Apex 3 shafts right now and like them. What would be a good substitute for Hogan Apex 3?

Or could I take my Hogan Apex 3 shafts from my current FTX set and put them in the Apex -99 Blades?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 duffer888

duffer888

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22282
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:42 PM

Golfworks says the Dynalite Gold R300 is the closest match to Apex 3.
Anser Driver
RBZ Stage 2 3W
i20 3H
Apex 4-AW
Fourteen MT-28v4 56/12 60/08
Ghost Spider Blade

#3 78Staff

78Staff

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3676
GolfWRX Likes : 277

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

View Postduffer888, on 23 September 2010 - 01:42 PM, said:

Golfworks says the Dynalite Gold R300 is the closest match to Apex 3.

+1, good match there.  You could swap the shafts from the FTX's to the 99's, they both should be taper tip, but if it were me I would just grab a set of DL's...or look on ebay/bst for some Apex pullouts...
Callaway BB Alpha 10.5* Zeta Tour 60s
Callaway BB 15* Zeta 70s
Adams Super LS 22* Kuro Kage 80s
Callaway Apex 4-PW PX 6.0
MD2 52/56/60*
Cameron Studio Style Newport

#4 mollieduke

mollieduke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102160
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

Bought set still in plastic last year with Apex 3`s . Don`t know when made so sent detail to Callaway.
reply was
``Those shafts will be equivalent to the Dynamic Golf R300 shafts from True Temper.

Thanks,

Sales/Customer Service

Callaway Golf Interactive

#5 mat562

mat562

My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167
GolfWRX Likes : 245

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

The word on the street was always that the Apex Shafts were TT Dynalites with a little red label stuck halfway down them.

Callaway's customer service may be top notch, but if the old Apex Shaft is the same as a Dynamic Gold (I assume that's what they meant) then my name's Doris.

#6 EasyDDI

EasyDDI

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22352
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

Attached File  BenHogan_Shaft replacement.pdf   13.57K   674 downloads

View Postmat562, on 23 September 2010 - 04:57 PM, said:

The word on the street was always that the Apex Shafts were TT Dynalites with a little red label stuck halfway down them.

Callaway's customer service may be top notch, but if the old Apex Shaft is the same as a Dynamic Gold (I assume that's what they meant) then my name's Doris.

True on both counts :-) Royal Precision was making the TT Dynalites and rumor is that Hogan was getting the first selection of the production batches. The fact Hogan called them Apex does not change anything to this. And yes they are TT Dynalites, NOT Dynamic Gold.

I have attached above a shaft replacement chart that has been circulating on GolfWRX (I was too lazy to search the forums again and give you the link. It was easier to pull it out from my hard-drive).

Next time, do not bother with the Callaway bunch, ask the GolfWRX community. :D

Edited by EasyDDI, 23 September 2010 - 05:35 PM.

#7 mollieduke

mollieduke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102160
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

You know I rekon your right about me being given the wrong info from Callaway. The reason I queried the Apex 3 with them  in the first place was because I get a higher flight compared to my RAC`s with DG`s .

#8 honketyhank

honketyhank

Uncle Horace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68488
  • Ebay ID:honketyhank
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

View Postmollieduke, on 24 September 2010 - 04:41 PM, said:

You know I rekon your right about me being given the wrong info from Callaway. The reason I queried the Apex 3 with them  in the first place was because I get a higher flight compared to my RAC`s with DG`s .

I think the situation is kind of a ball of snakes. I know that TT bought Royal Precision at some point. I have some BH-5 non-offset irons from which I pulled the Ben Hogan Apex Edge #4 shafts. Those shafts (I still have them with BH grips in great shape, anybody want them?), clearly have the True Temper silkscreening down near the 1st step. For the Callaway Hogans, I find it quite likely that the Dynalite Gold R300 is a decent match for the BH #3. But for older Hogans, I suspect that the match for an Apex #3 might well be a hard stepped Dynamic Gold R300.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors