Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

sky caddie SG5 keeps shut down while I'm playing..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 beated

beated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43175
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

Since I updated the last version of software, The SG 5 keeps power off while I'm playing  golf. The battery is fully charged, but After 2 or 3 hole, lose signal and power off. So, I have to keeps turning on the power after 2-3 holes. It's PITA.  I think it is software problem than my unit. It works nice before last version of software.

anyone out there has experienced this.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 wrmiller

wrmiller

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100475
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

Nope no problems with mine. Used it today.
Some people speak when they have
something to say. Others speak because
they have to say something.

#3 feedlotdoc

feedlotdoc

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 824 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86388
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

Mine has done it 2 - 3 times.  It usually happens after the 7th hole.  Turn it back on and no more problems.

#4 rymail00

rymail00

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50849
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:rymail00
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

No problems w/ my SG5.

I had that happen though w/ my SG2.5. Eventually it got worst and worst. It turned out to be the wire that connects to the power unit inside the unit was loose so it would lose its connection and turn off. I had my friend                  saudder (spelling) the wire and there was no problems after that.
TM SLDR 9.5 (set at 8) Mitsu D+62s
Adams BTY 14.5*
NIKE 21 VRS HYBRID FUBUKI 75 STIFF
CLEVELAND 25 STOCK REG SHAFT
ADAMS A4 TOUR 5-GAP PX FLIGHTED 5.0
SCRATCH 1018, 54 & 58/ TPM SOFTAI

#5 rockford35

rockford35

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25451
  • Ebay ID:rockford35
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

Try uploading the newest CaddieSynch software for it. In fact, uninstall your current version and install the newest for the SG5. Then, reload any updates it prompts you for.

If that fails, contact Skycaddie using their online live chat and tell them the issue. If you have your Skycaddie handy, they can upload a patch that will fix it. When I did it, it took all of 15 minutes to log on, chat and fix the SG5 I had with the EXACT issues you have described here.

Works like a charm now.

R35

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors