Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

TAYLOR MADE SUPERFAST TOUR ISSUE LONG HOZEL PICS

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mezmorize

mezmorize

GolfClubStop

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378
  • Ebay ID:golfclubstop
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

Here it is guys.  The super fast long hozel proto driver!  I have been hitting this for a few weeks now and getting great results.  Not many of these around so info is limited.  The hozel on this thing is real long.  It is 3/4" longer then any other superfast head.  I have also compared shape and size of this head to the regular tp and retail super fast and to me the head has a softer shape and has a more rounded triangle.  The head size appears to be smaller and the face appears to be slightly different shaped.   You guys know I love my FT9 TA but this driver is actually giving it contention.  Hard for me to believe as well.  

As far as performance goes I am really liking what I am seeing.  It is a little easier to hit straight then my FT9 TA do to the triangle design.  I kind of expected that.  I do hit more fairways with the superfast because of its forgiveness.  They give me similar distance when both hit similar but the supe rfast wins when it comes to off center hits.  It has a much larger sweet spot.  The driver can be worked slightly but not as easy to work as my FT9 TA. That again results from the triangle shape.  Feel wise it is real nice as well.  I like the feel of my ft9 ta slightly more then the super fast but not enough to cause me to think about it.  The driver also produces a nice sound.  It is a muted solid sound.  Kind of iike a persimmon wood with a slight bit of metallic sound.  Hope you guys enjoyed my small review.  If you have any questions I will answer to best of my knowledge.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 JimmyP91

JimmyP91

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68435
  • Ebay ID:Jimmyp91
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

what degree loft... and what shaft u have in  it.. and how can i own itPosted Image

#3 Dr_evil

Dr_evil

Major Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113620
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

Could we get some pics of it next to a standard SF TP ? :)

#4 LBattaglia93

LBattaglia93

BallChampions

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82036
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but does hosel length have a large impact on the playability of the driver? I know tour drivers (FT Tour, Ping i15, etc.) often have longer hosels. What's the benefit?

Thanks!

and by the way, that is a sexy driver Posted Image

#5 ERUddOH

ERUddOH

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35268
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:07 PM

LBattaglia93, on 30 August 2010 - 09:04 PM, said:

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but does hosel length have a large impact on the playability of the driver? I know tour drivers (FT Tour, Ping i15, etc.) often have longer hosels. What's the benefit?

Thanks!

I would think the longer hosel shifts the center of gravity up and toward the heel.  Anyone remember those old Callaway commercials with a cartoon Sir Isaac Newton talking about why they removed the hosel entirely on the Big Bertha and S2H2's?

#6 corky

corky

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1237
GolfWRX Likes : 196

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

ERUddOH, on 30 August 2010 - 09:07 PM, said:

Thanks!

I would think the longer hosel shifts the center of gravity up and toward the heel.  Anyone remember those old Callaway commercials with a cartoon Sir Isaac Newton talking about why they removed the hosel entirely on the Big Bertha and S2H2's?

Long Hosel's allow the head to be bent for lie, loft and face angle. That's the reason for them and why they are typically tour only.

#7 Vendetta

Vendetta

Fanatic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113729
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:15 PM

corky, on 30 August 2010 - 09:12 PM, said:

ERUddOH, on 30 August 2010 - 09:07 PM, said:

Thanks!

Long Hosel's allow the head to be bent for lie, loft and face angle. That's the reason for them and why they are typically tour only.

Exactly.

#8 orlandogolfer

orlandogolfer

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72845
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

I want to hit that thing!!!! I bet it is a monster What shaft do you have in it?

#9 luv2golow

luv2golow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42294
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:09 AM

Cool driver.  That is some long hosel!

#10 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,074 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:03 AM

That looks like a deeper face than the TP and not as wide.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 jus

jus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 921
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:07 AM

Here is a comparison photo.  Not easy to see the difference without looking closely at the transition from the head to the hosel.  Bore depth is very different when you install the shafts.  My experience is that the tour head has a higher center of gravity.
SF Hosel 006.JPG

#12 ragin cajun

ragin cajun

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72378
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:21 AM

Thanks for pics.  Always look forward to your reviews.

#13 jll62

jll62

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9627
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

I got fit into one of these during the practice days of the US Mid-Am last week.  Awesome driver that made it into the bag for the weekend.  Mine is bent a touch flat and slightly open.

#14 ccugolfer

ccugolfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43976
  • Ebay ID:jpmayy_ccu
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

This driver has been getting great results on tour. ballspeed is thru the roof on many players. Alot of the guys playing in the ryder cup had this in the bag too.. dont know whether or not it was the long hosel version??

#15 ZBigStick

ZBigStick

It's Good to be the Champ!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13111
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:56 PM

So sweet, and quite a find.

Now if they just went ahead and made it with FCT we could all reap the benefits.  They are probably waiting for 2012.  :secret:

Callaway FT Tour 10.5 X-Con 5 s
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15 Kuro Kage 70 s
Adams Idea Pro 18, 20 VS Proto 80
Mizuno MP-60 4-P DG S400
Callaway X-Tour 54, X-Forged 59 S400
Rife Aussie 34.5"

#16 AzPGAPro

AzPGAPro

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71693
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:15 AM

Driver seems to be amazing!  Lots of top Am's and Tour pro's using it.
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind...

#17 socalkid86

socalkid86

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71801
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

I've got two. One was used as an R&D head for TM so it's got all kinds of burn marks, paint removal, etc, but they both hit the same, super buttery and more of a thud when you hit it. sets up way more square than the retail TP and it has a SUPER flatter trajectory. I got fitted perfectly into a SuperDeep and thought i was maxing out my driving distance but then i found these two and i swear it's like an effortless way to get the same distance.

i noticed my swing speed dipped ever so slightly since there's a bit of MOI still eventhough it's a tour head, but the ball speed is faster than the SuperDeep or SuperTri with my lower SS i get with the Superfast Tour TP.

AzPGAPro, on 10 October 2010 - 09:15 AM, said:

Driver seems to be amazing!  Lots of top Am's and Tour pro's using it.

Edited by Riuzzi, 18 October 2010 - 02:36 AM.
Please use the BST

#18 RH phil mickleson

RH phil mickleson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116079
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

ZBigStick, on 09 October 2010 - 04:56 PM, said:

So sweet, and quite a find.

Now if they just went ahead and made it with FCT we could all reap the benefits.  They are probably waiting for 2012.  :secret:

because FCT is quite heavy and the burner is as lightweight as possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors