Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Drugs in LD

37 replies to this topic

#31 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

Jack still da man!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

didn't JS lose in the 2nd round? Maybe he should start juicing.

BOOM!

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 SOONERMAGIC

SOONERMAGIC

With work comes reward.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85116
  • Handicap:+.08
  • Ebay ID:mammothzac
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

Wow this thread made it a long time.. I started a thread re: PEDs and the mods locked it up.... :russian_roulette:

On a side note.... who cares if they are using PEDs or not... not like the LD comps have a long history of ethics/morals/tradition.... lets just juice em up and see how far out drug laden humans can crush the ball...

just a thought...

#33 jjarrett79

jjarrett79

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 110113
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

View PostKiloYankee, on 18 August 2010 - 10:40 PM, said:

I have heard stories.

I won't  tell them but. Does JS look like he does drugs?

The military division you know doesn't use drugs and look what numbers the top guys there post.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I had a good buddy join the marines and his squad pretty much took him aside and said hey, you are holding us back physically and had him bulk up using roids. He said the majority of guys in his company were on them.

#34 hack

hack

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29779
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

View Postgatorman2k6, on 20 March 2011 - 10:05 AM, said:

First off, I have to say that this thread has been pretty amusing, so I think I'll chime in. I'd have to say that you are both right. To hit the ball further, you need 3 things: a good swing/contact (most important), speed, and strength. By improving your swing, you will increase your distance the most. Why does it always seem like non-LD guys are so anti-lifting?? Lifting weights will increase your distance, so long as, you have a good swing and remain flexible. boxerjoe, you are proving that you don't know too much about lifting and how it relates to golf, because nobody here is saying, "let's get a big bench and do curls so that we have a big chest and biceps". Everyone here should be smart enough to know that the back/core/legs are what will help the most, which is why justin is big on suggesting people do rows, deadlifts, powercleans (help build speed), squats, and ab work. He knows what type of lifting you should be doing. I still think it is funny when people say a big chest will hurt you; it would take a pretty big chest to slow your swing down that much. When I was at a golf show a couple months ago, I asked Brian Pavlet what he thought was more important, strength or flexibility and he summed it up perfectly; he said that if you are young, and or are flexible, that you need to focus on increasing your strength to hit the ball further, but don't slack on the stretching. He said if you are starting to get older or less flexible, tone down the lifting and primarily focus on flexibility by stretching a lot and doing different exercises. The bottom line is that weight lifting WILL DEFINITELY increase your distance, SO LONG AS, you remain flexible and have a decent swing....why is this so hard to understand???

Yes to this. Explosive power is very good for increasing hip speed. Olympic lifts are great for this. Work on cleans, power cleans, snatch, deads, squats, OH squats, etc. Build your posterior chain and improve your core strength. You can be very strong, still be very flexible, and not be huge, but you will need to work on stretching to retain your mobility.

Edited by hack, 25 March 2011 - 01:32 PM.

#35 russian7

russian7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127678
  • Ebay ID:bigdcannons21
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

View Postekin, on 17 August 2010 - 01:36 PM, said:

Do u guys think there is drug use in LD comps??
There is drug use in so many sports now. Is it stupid to ask that Q in a sport  where its all about power and speed?

I think so for general purposes, but that don't always translate into the golf swing.

#36 wfrogge1

wfrogge1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88478
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

View PostKiloYankee, on 18 August 2010 - 10:40 PM, said:

I have heard stories.

I won't  tell them but. Does JS look like he does drugs?

The military division you know doesn't use drugs and look what numbers the top guys there post.

Do the Kenyan marathoners look like they do drugs?

#37 havoc01

havoc01

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120757
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

View PostYepyukon, on 16 March 2011 - 11:27 PM, said:

I heard Jack Hamm uses Zolex but had to quit the LDA because every time he shot up, he yelled "POW" and was easily caught.

:cheesy:

#38 mstrymxer

mstrymxer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102835
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

after working on a military base i can tell you a good sized portion of those with "combat" jobs are juiced out of there minds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors