Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Just upgraded to 4.0 on Upro now can't sync

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 gigabyte772

gigabyte772

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96467
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

The upro works fine but I cannot sync it to update or add courses. I emailed tech support but figured maybe get quicker response here. It says the sync program not found on Upro. Any Suggestions? Thanks...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 midnightbui

midnightbui

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32493

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

View Postgigabyte772, on 17 August 2010 - 09:10 AM, said:

The upro works fine but I cannot sync it to update or add courses. I emailed tech support but figured maybe get quicker response here. It says the sync program not found on Upro. Any Suggestions? Thanks...

#3 midnightbui

midnightbui

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32493

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

HAd that same problem,  All i did was delete the Upro finder and whatever else that is associateed with upro that was on my computer and then plug the unit back into it and re-install as if you just got it out of the box.  I hope i make sense.  that worked for me and i am able to sync each and everytime.  I am using vista if that matters

#4 gjpep

gjpep

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9643
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

I had a worsening of my chronic problem with syncing after I upgraded to 4.0 as well. I do use a Mac, which seems to be part of the chronic, slow to sync issue. I spent 30+ minutes on hold this weekend waiting for tech support--we then spent another 30+ minutes trying to get it fixed. Ultimately, we had some success, but the support person thinks I also have a problem with my upro, so they're shipping me a new one this week.

If you call, make sure you have at least an hour of time available--in my discussion with the support person, they are spending a lot of time/lots of times working with users to get this corrected. Having said that I'm still happy I bought the upro!

#5 gigabyte772

gigabyte772

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

I will call this week when I get chance, just hoping to fix on my own..

#6 cristphoto

cristphoto

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
GolfWRX Likes : 106

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

This is a "normal" problem after upgrading to v4. Somehow the synch program gets garbled on the Upro. Call or email Callaway and they will email you the synch folder.  You then simply copy it over to your Upro while its connected (and turned on) to your computer.  In my case I lost the audio files to the supplied videos also, so make sure that works before contacting Callaway (they emailed me those files too). After a simple drag and drop everything works fine (like it did before the upgrade). It's an easy fix.  If I had to do it again I'd email vs telephoning since when I called Callaway I was on hold at least a half hour.  The recording says hold times are typically 45 minutes or longer.

#7 gigabyte772

gigabyte772

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:21 PM

OK Thx. I thought it will be that easy.

#8 gigabyte772

gigabyte772

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

Anyone have link for all the files that are needed to put on Upro in my situation, or can someone that is working zip their upro sync folders and post or email me?

#9 gigabyte772

gigabyte772

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:38 PM

I have no sound as well..

#10 78Staff

78Staff

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,326 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3676
GolfWRX Likes : 303

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:33 PM

I have a similar but slightly different issue since the upgrade... I can sync, add new courses etc, however the sync never "finishes" - the actual courses all get transferred, but the sync program just sits at 95%.  Short term fix I just let it go for awhile then unplug.  Everything works fine.  I need to call Callaway and get it corrected but I just haven't had the time to sit on the phone.

Callaway BB Alpha 10.5* Zeta Tour 60s
Callaway BB 15* Zeta 70s
TM SLDR 21* RIP Phenom 80s
Callaway Apex 4-PW PX 6.0
TM Rac Blk Y Cutter 54/60*
Cameron Studio Style Newport

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 cristphoto

cristphoto

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

View Post78Staff, on 17 August 2010 - 11:33 PM, said:

I have a similar but slightly different issue since the upgrade... I can sync, add new courses etc, however the sync never "finishes" - the actual courses all get transferred, but the sync program just sits at 95%.  Short term fix I just let it go for awhile then unplug.  Everything works fine.  I need to call Callaway and get it corrected but I just haven't had the time to sit on the phone.

Are you giving the Upro enough time to finish?  I know watching the bar graph on the screen when I get up around 95% it seems to slow down relative to the previous progress time.  I wait about 30 seconds or so and it completes fine.  Mine never takes more than a minute to complete after reaching 95% however.  You're right about sitting on the phone.  I've called Callaway twice and each time they quickly fixed the issue but the time on hold was painful.  If I ever contact them again it will be via email.

#12 gigabyte772

gigabyte772

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

I emailed them 3 days ago and still waiting a response

#13 gigabyte772

gigabyte772

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

Got over to them quick about 5 mins and all taken care of...

#14 78Staff

78Staff

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,326 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3676
GolfWRX Likes : 303

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

View Postcristphoto, on 18 August 2010 - 08:55 AM, said:

Are you giving the Upro enough time to finish?  I know watching the bar graph on the screen when I get up around 95% it seems to slow down relative to the previous progress time.  I wait about 30 seconds or so and it completes fine.  Mine never takes more than a minute to complete after reaching 95% however.  You're right about sitting on the phone.  I've called Callaway twice and each time they quickly fixed the issue but the time on hold was painful.  If I ever contact them again it will be via email.

Oh yeah I've let it sit for a hour or so at 95%.  I will probably delete and reinstall as the above user did, and if that does not work then I guess I will call Callaway.

Callaway BB Alpha 10.5* Zeta Tour 60s
Callaway BB 15* Zeta 70s
TM SLDR 21* RIP Phenom 80s
Callaway Apex 4-PW PX 6.0
TM Rac Blk Y Cutter 54/60*
Cameron Studio Style Newport

#15 cristphoto

cristphoto

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

View Post78Staff, on 18 August 2010 - 07:41 PM, said:

View Postcristphoto, on 18 August 2010 - 08:55 AM, said:

Oh yeah I've let it sit for a hour or so at 95%.  I will probably delete and reinstall as the above user did, and if that does not work then I guess I will call Callaway.

One hour wait something is definately wrong.

#16 The Hawkeye

The Hawkeye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102881

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

for the record...i effing love the uPro. good luck!

#17 Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56190
GolfWRX Likes : 619

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

View Postcristphoto, on 17 August 2010 - 03:28 PM, said:

This is a "normal" problem after upgrading to v4. Somehow the synch program gets garbled on the Upro. Call or email Callaway and they will email you the synch folder.  You then simply copy it over to your Upro while its connected (and turned on) to your computer.  In my case I lost the audio files to the supplied videos also, so make sure that works before contacting Callaway (they emailed me those files too). After a simple drag and drop everything works fine (like it did before the upgrade). It's an easy fix.

Old thread but valuable info. I registered a new Upro for the first time today and don't have sound on the introductory videos, after upgrading to 4.0. An issue like you described makes more sense than a hardware problem.

Edited by Awsi Dooger, 27 December 2011 - 06:48 PM.

#18 lightgrip

lightgrip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47384
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

I've been trying to figure out my original Upro problem off and on for six months.  Finally spoke with Franco on the phone at Callaway support and all I had to do was change USB cables.  I couldn't believe it.  I had read all kinds of threads and info regarding how to solve my syncing problem (which was, the Upro was showing it was connected but the computer/website showed disconnected and there was no option to sync).  All I had to do was change USB cables.  If you haven't tried that, you might want to. It worked for me.

#19 Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56190
GolfWRX Likes : 619

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

View PostAwsi Dooger, on 27 December 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

View Postcristphoto, on 17 August 2010 - 03:28 PM, said:

This is a "normal" problem after upgrading to v4. Somehow the synch program gets garbled on the Upro. Call or email Callaway and they will email you the synch folder.  You then simply copy it over to your Upro while its connected (and turned on) to your computer.  In my case I lost the audio files to the supplied videos also, so make sure that works before contacting Callaway (they emailed me those files too). After a simple drag and drop everything works fine (like it did before the upgrade). It's an easy fix.

Old thread but valuable info. I registered a new Upro for the first time today and don't have sound on the introductory videos, after upgrading to 4.0. An issue like you described makes more sense than a hardware problem.

That was indeed my problem, corrupted audio files after upgrade to 4.0. I mentioned it on the Upro support site and Ryan from customer service provided a download link to the 4.0 audio and video files. I connected the Upro and transferred the new folder to replace the old one, and my sound issue is now fixed.

This is the (direct download) link:

http://www.callawayu...ideoExtract.zip

Edited by Awsi Dooger, 12 January 2012 - 07:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors