Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

I just purchased a P3ProSwing Golf Simulator

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Adkinsgreats

Adkinsgreats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75218
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

I just purchased a P3ProSwing Golf Simulator today and it should be here in the next few days. I was wondering if anyone else on here owns on of these and if so what you guys think of them. Also if anyone else has a different simulator tell me what you think of them as well.

Thanks,
Brad

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 larrybud

larrybud

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 744

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

View PostAdkinsgreats, on 11 August 2010 - 04:57 PM, said:

I just purchased a P3ProSwing Golf Simulator today and it should be here in the next few days. I was wondering if anyone else on here owns on of these and if so what you guys think of them. Also if anyone else has a different simulator tell me what you think of them as well.

Thanks,
Brad

Shouldn't you ask for opinions BEFORE you buy one!?!?

#3 Adkinsgreats

Adkinsgreats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75218

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:43 PM

Im just curious what everybody else thought about theirs.

Edited by Adkinsgreats, 11 August 2010 - 11:43 PM.

#4 grabthepin

grabthepin

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59742
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:54 AM

I'd just be careful about getting carried away with numbers. Even state-of-the-art systems like Trackman trap people into trying to swing for good numbers and get all contorted up, and the P3ProSwing is a mile behind Trackman (in fact I laugh at Real Golf Radio's (paid) claims that the meek Dancin Dogg thing does everything $50,000 simulators do).

It depends on what level your game is at but the P3ProSwing will be of course be calculating ball direction, spin and distance so don't expect it to match what you necessarily see in real life.  

It's a pity it only works with EA's Tiger Woods, not Links LS.

#5 ih8nixon

ih8nixon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109520

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

I have the dancing dog  and I treat it like a souped wii. It seems to give decent enough readings for swing speed and face angle when using irons as long as you don't use a ball  (I just beat the crap out of the tee included to feel some impact) and the proper lighting is used. Using a foam or real ball seems to skew the results no matter what ball setting is used. I am not sure about the measurement of the face angle,but it does produce a similar pull that normally occurs when I try to put a little extra power into my shorter irons. The club path seems to give in-out and out in readings properly, but as for the actual value it gives I am pretty sure it gives the wrong values. As for where the impact on the club face occurs ( amount towards toe or heel) it seems like it gives a wrong result about 30-40% of the time, but since it is just guessing at where the club head goes this is to be expected. It seems to use where the impact occurs on the club face to determine the balls flight.

I use it more like a computer game than as a practice tool as it can't judge how the ball is stuck and that it has to guess what occurs with the club head between just before the ball is struck and right after. I know that when I have hit a stinker it registers as a good shot.  It is also best to use auto putt, as it takes about 6 putts to get in if you try to do it yourself.

The only number I take to be accurate is the swing speed as I have checked it against the simulator at golf galaxy and the DD seems to produce a slightly slower club head speed on average but they seem to bee within 4-5 mph of each other.

When using drivers or woods it seems to get semi-decent readings most of the time (it doesn't reproduce the slice that have with a three wood off of the deck, or the draw my driver normally exhibits, it seems to register pushes and pulls much better ), but can really spaz out occasionally with readings of 126 mph on my driver, or some atrocious face angle on the 3 wood.

I stick to playing with the software that it comes with. I have tried Tiger Woods and unless I use a very quick tempo and swing out of my shoes it registers my drive in the 50-100 yard range. As far as durability goes it seems to take getting slammed by drunken fat shots like a champ. Overall I am happy with it, but I consider it to be what it really is a toy.

Your p3p should give much more accurate readings since it uses more than two banks of sensors, but as the other posters have said I would take any of the numbers it gives with a grain of salt.

Edited by ih8nixon, 16 August 2010 - 01:54 PM.

#6 rdh74

rdh74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83161

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

I have a golftek Pro 7 simulator, and it really is a great piece of equipment.  It has a very high degree of accuracy with club path, face angle, club speed, and has actual ball measurements (not calculations) for direction, speed and launch angle.  I find the shot trajectories and distances I get on the device are very, very close to what I see on the course.  The only area I consider it weak is once you get into high-loft wedges, as it has a maximum 40 degree launch angle detection (which is fine for full "normal" swings with pitching wedges...but doesn't work once you open the face on a high-loft wedge for a flop shot).

#7 seanhoff

seanhoff

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108309
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

Would be kind of interested in looking into one of those as a long Canadian winter is fast approaching... What kind of results did you have?
Anyone have any input on one with decent results on a student budget? (less than 400 maybe?).

#8 JCAG

JCAG

John Curry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21371
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

View PostAdkinsgreats, on 11 August 2010 - 04:57 PM, said:

Thanks,
Brad

Using something like this for fun, can be fun. When one tries to "beat" it, one can get into bad habits.

Over the years I have had several swing analyzers/launch monitors for fitting customers. I never let the customer see the screen/data while they were swinging as they would try to beat/modify the read out in which case, the data was useless for fitting them. We would review the data and the "averages" as we went, but not on a swing to swing basis.

An aside story on swing simulators. When living in the chilly north, we would go to a place that had full screen simulators to "play" a round of golf. We soon found "hot spots" on the screen that if you punched a shot at, it would register an awesome drive even when the punch shot was say way left, low, and done with a 5 iron. We made a rule that "trick" shots were illegal. We had to rule if you made a "real" shot or not......LOL

Edited by accufitgolf, 29 August 2010 - 06:21 PM.

#9 grabthepin

grabthepin

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59742
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

View Postaccufitgolf, on 29 August 2010 - 06:19 PM, said:

An aside story on swing simulators. When living in the chilly north, we would go to a place that had full screen simulators to "play" a round of golf. We soon found "hot spots" on the screen that if you punched a shot at, it would register an awesome drive even when the punch shot was say way left, low, and done with a 5 iron. We made a rule that "trick" shots were illegal. We had to rule if you made a "real" shot or not......LOL

:) The simulator equivalent of secret keypad cheat combinations on a Playstation game. Good story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors