Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Regular Non-TP Superfast shaft question XCON 4.8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OspreyCI

OspreyCI

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108024
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

I had to get rid of my SFTP due to it being too open for me.  I really like the HD6 shaft and wondering about the XCON 4.8 in the regular (non-tp) Superfast.  Is it junk?  Or it a pretty good non-tp type shaft?  Seems like people on here do like the non-tp head but what the shaft in it?  Thanks.

PING i25 9.5 PWR75
Callaway XHP 15* Fubuki Ax
PING G25 20 & 23* Hyrbid
PING G25 5-UW
Murdered TM Spider
Callaway MD2's 56/60

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 kdn333

kdn333

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89102
  • Ebay ID:kdn3339333
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

So far I've had outstanding results with the stock Matrix Ozik XCON 4.8 shaft in the regular Superfast.  Not too whippy (I'm playing stiff flex) and not too stiff.  I also have a spare Superfast head from one I bought that had its shaft snapped during shipping and I am planning on putting a Mitsubishi Diamana 'ilima 60 or Mitsubishi Fubuki Alpha 50 in it as an experiment to see how it compares with the stock Matrix Ozik XCON 4.8.  I will post the results when its done and I've gotten a chance to hit both side-by-side.

If you really like the HD6 I think you can custom order that shaft in the regular Superfast.  Best to check with TaylorMade customer service on that.

#3 jmygolf

jmygolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48559
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

View PostOspreyCI, on 11 August 2010 - 12:23 PM, said:

I had to get rid of my SFTP due to it being too open for me.  I really like the HD6 shaft and wondering about the XCON 4.8 in the regular (non-tp) Superfast.  Is it junk?  Or it a pretty good non-tp type shaft?  Seems like people on here do like the non-tp head but what the shaft in it?  Thanks.

Some people's swings cannot handle that light a weight. As shafts go, Matrix did a pretty good job to fit alot of the market. But it isnt for the spinner or the fast-transition type swinger. The HD6 would hold up/out perform for alot more swings, IMHO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors