Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

rattle sound in driver head

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kc33

kc33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85272
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

There is a rattle sound whenever I tap the driver head on the ground.  What typically cause this?  It's a fairly new Superfast TP that I've only had for about 2 months.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 MBS1726

MBS1726

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106652
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

Only way to know for sure is to pull the shaft.  I would speculate that it might be a small piece of epoxy that has broken off from the shaft, and is now making its presence known.  I just had to have the shaft on my 9015 pulled for the same reason, and the piece of epoxy was actually in the shaft, and not the head.

#3 OldSkoolTexan

OldSkoolTexan

BORN TO PLAY BALATA!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44844
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

If it's new, retrun it for a replacement.  If you are sure the rattle is in the head, heat the sole with a hair dryer then tap it to get the piece stuck in the ratglue in the head.  Let it sit till it cools and problem solved.  If there is ANYthing wrong with the shaft, make them replace the club.  Assuming you bought it from a retailer that will warranty it for you.

#4 Par Fore

Par Fore

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49091
  • Ebay ID:barneys6
GolfWRX Likes : 142

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:37 AM

The hair dryer trick works.  I was skeptical but took the rattle right out og my j33

#5 bosoxfan

bosoxfan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14841
  • Ebay ID:kjam100100
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:13 AM

How hot does it need to be, I've got the same in issue in a non TP SF, there is rattle stop in the head, but the rattle has reoccurred, how long should I heat it with a hair dryer for the stuff to melt again and hopefully take care of the rattle one and for all.

I also wondered if you heated the rattle stop stuff to the point that it got pretty thin, could you pour and it out of the hosel and would the rattle likely come out with it?  Just a thought, but I've got to do something, this rattle will make you crazy.
KH

#6 MayorOfTheRoc

MayorOfTheRoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140004
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

I have the R9 Super-tri and and i had this bad rattle in the head whenever it tapped it against my hand or the ground and I was just going to return it but it turned out one of the screw weights was loose an as soon as I tightend it it went away... worth a try

#7 TheShaun

TheShaun

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96319
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

Yup, hairdryer. Just did this with a 3w. Works like a charm.

#8 bosoxfan

bosoxfan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

Although I have not hit it yet, early signs are good on my superfast!!!
KH

#9 TheMackDaddy

TheMackDaddy

Butyraceous

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128677
  • Ebay ID:capebretoner
GolfWRX Likes : 788

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

Send it to Tm, they should replace it. My freind had the same problem and they replaced his.

#10 bosoxfan

bosoxfan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

Shaft has been changed by someone other than TM so I'm thinking that they are not going to take ownership of the problem.
KH

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors