Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Syncing Upro to Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Swordfish

Swordfish

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106015
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

I have had my Upro since they first came out and have always had issues syncing my Upro to Windows. I have a 64 bit computer currently running Windows 7, was running Vista before. My PC has always struggled to find the UPRO when you run the upro application. I tried accessing it through explorer and Windows can't seem to see it then either. I have resorted to removing the SD card from the UPRO and inserting it directly into my PC. I can then sync the courses to the card and once I put the card back into the UPRO, the courses are there. On the PC, when I use this method, it never seems to complete the sync, at least according to the web page but everything appears to be there after I select cancel.

Please tell me I am not the only one having these issues. Has anyone managed to find a fix yet?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 78Staff

78Staff

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,326 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3676
GolfWRX Likes : 303

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

View PostSwordfish, on 02 August 2010 - 01:08 PM, said:

I have had my Upro since they first came out and have always had issues syncing my Upro to Windows. I have a 64 bit computer currently running Windows 7, was running Vista before. My PC has always struggled to find the UPRO when you run the upro application. I tried accessing it through explorer and Windows can't seem to see it then either. I have resorted to removing the SD card from the UPRO and inserting it directly into my PC. I can then sync the courses to the card and once I put the card back into the UPRO, the courses are there. On the PC, when I use this method, it never seems to complete the sync, at least according to the web page but everything appears to be there after I select cancel.

Please tell me I am not the only one having these issues. Has anyone managed to find a fix yet?

I sync my upro with windows 7 x64 manually, IE I connect usb, navigate to the upro drive in Windows, and run the upro.exe executable.  Only way I could get it to work, but it works fine.
Callaway BB Alpha 10.5* Zeta Tour 60s
Callaway BB 15* Zeta 70s
TM SLDR 21* RIP Phenom 80s
Callaway Apex 4-PW PX 6.0
TM Rac Blk Y Cutter 54/60*
Cameron Studio Style Newport

#3 Swordfish

Swordfish

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

View Post78Staff, on 02 August 2010 - 04:35 PM, said:

I sync my upro with windows 7 x64 manually, IE I connect usb, navigate to the upro drive in Windows, and run the upro.exe executable.  Only way I could get it to work, but it works fine.

I can't do that because when I try and open the UPRO with Explorer, I get an error that this drive needs to be formated before use. Something is configured wierd on my computer that prevents me from seeing it correctly. BTW, if I reboot my computer and plug it, after about 4-5 reboots, it will read the UPRO, but just once, then won't read it again. It's a fairly new HP laptop so can't figure out what is going on.

#4 shortstop20

shortstop20

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76885
  • Handicap:7.7
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

Have you looked on uPro's website for something regarding this issue?

#5 78Staff

78Staff

Major Winner

• 3,326 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3676
GolfWRX Likes : 303

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

View PostSwordfish, on 02 August 2010 - 06:34 PM, said:

View Post78Staff, on 02 August 2010 - 04:35 PM, said:

I can't do that because when I try and open the UPRO with Explorer, I get an error that this drive needs to be formated before use. Something is configured wierd on my computer that prevents me from seeing it correctly. BTW, if I reboot my computer and plug it, after about 4-5 reboots, it will read the UPRO, but just once, then won't read it again. It's a fairly new HP laptop so can't figure out what is going on.

Mine says something along the lines of "Do you want to Scan this disk" (which or course is very different from formating.), and I always so no, although upro says it;'s ok to let 7 scan it.  Now that I think about it there may be some sort of "allow non-certified driver" setting specific to x64 I changed.  I will check and post back later tonight.

EDIT - Sorry leading you down the wrong path, I'm not excluding any non-certified drivers.  I must have been thinking of something else.

Edited by 78Staff, 02 August 2010 - 11:04 PM.

Callaway BB Alpha 10.5* Zeta Tour 60s
Callaway BB 15* Zeta 70s
TM SLDR 21* RIP Phenom 80s
Callaway Apex 4-PW PX 6.0
TM Rac Blk Y Cutter 54/60*
Cameron Studio Style Newport

#6 Golfwolf

Golfwolf

Major Winner

• 2,545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2884
  • Handicap:13.7
  • Ebay ID:lonewolf8074
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:37 AM

I use Windows 7 64 bit version, I use UPro Finder with mine. Just turn on your UPro, connect the USB cable to your PC/laptop, then click on the finder. Other windows will pop up but I cancel those.
Callaway Big Bertha 10.5
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25 hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54/58
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

#7 Swordfish

Swordfish

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

View PostGolfwolf, on 03 August 2010 - 06:37 AM, said:

I use Windows 7 64 bit version, I use UPro Finder with mine. Just turn on your UPro, connect the USB cable to your PC/laptop, then click on the finder. Other windows will pop up but I cancel those.

Can't do that because Windows says it can't find the UPRO. Thats the whole problem I am having. I can't get Windows to recognize the UPRO. If I take the card out of the UPRO and insert it directly into the PC, I can then sync but when the card is in the UPRO and I connect it to my PC, Windows can't see it.

#8 MoreGolfLessWork

MoreGolfLessWork

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81159
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:36 AM

I have been having the same issue...running upro manually worked a treat....thanks for the info.

#9 northgolf

northgolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79459
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:59 AM

View PostSwordfish, on 02 August 2010 - 06:34 PM, said:

Swordfish - everyone gets a windows message box asking "Do you want to scan and fix the uPro (E:)?" (the drive letter may be other the E:).  The correct response to this is to continue without scanning (this is documented at the top of page 10 of the current manual).  If you scan you get the reformat error.  If you continue, the uPro is mounted as a drive and you can access the files through explorer.  

So, in response to your request: "Please tell me I am not the only one having these issues. Has anyone managed to find a fix yet?"

You are the only one having this issue.  

Try reading the manual.  If you have lost yours, the current manual can be downloaded from here: http://www.uprogps.com/support/
the manual is the third link down on the right under the section titled "Downloads".

#10 stage1350

stage1350

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 664
  • Location:5 stars, 5 diamonds, 28 tables, 600 slots. Life is good...
  • Ebay ID:stage1350
GolfWRX Likes : 1301

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:49 AM

They seemed to have fixed that with upro go.  Mine has had no problems connecting to Windows 7.

Tour Issue SLDR 430 9w/ GD P9003 TX
X-Hot Pro 3Deep 13 w/ Project X-10A2
Tour Issue 585.H 17 w/ Diamana Thump X
Mizuno MP-63 3-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 TX
Vokey SM-5 54M and 60M w/ DG Tour X7
Bettinardi Solid Copper BB2 RJB1982

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 dwboston

dwboston

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51575
  • Ebay ID:dwboston1
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

View Poststage1350, on 24 August 2010 - 10:49 AM, said:

They seemed to have fixed that with upro go.  Mine has had no problems connecting to Windows 7.

The original uPro syncs fine with regular 32-bit Win7.  The uPro has always had issues with 64-bit versions of Windows (Vista and Win7 since the drivers are written for the 32-bit version).
Titleist 910 D2 12*, GD AD DI 70S
Titleist 910F 17*, GD AD DI 80S
Titleist 910H 21*, Aldila DVS 90S
712 AP2, 4-PW, Recoil Proto 125 F4
SM4 52, TVD-K 56,60 Recoil Proto 125 F4
MannMade Custom TEN12, 34"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors