Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

PING Tour-S Rustique Wedges

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 IU06

IU06

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103785
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

Anyone else noticed that PING is only offering the Tour-S Rustique in only three lofts, with only one bounce option per loft?  Does anyone know if they are planning other options and bounces?? 60-10 seems like a lot of bounce IMO.

Would love to see a 54 or 58 degree wedge option.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT
Ping i20
Mizuno Mp-32 X-100
Titleist Vokey Raw 54
Titleist Vokey Raw 58
Odyssey Tank #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Bob57

Bob57

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103973
GolfWRX Likes : 209

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

Three lofts and one bounce per wedge.  This line up will be like the black chrome Tour W wedges---only a few lofts and bounces are selected.  They never increased the black chrome offerings so don't look for this line to expand beyond what it is presently.

#3 Birdman of Alcatraz

Birdman of Alcatraz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8234
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

View PostBob57, on 02 August 2010 - 12:15 PM, said:

Three lofts and one bounce per wedge.  This line up will be like the black chrome Tour W wedges---only a few lofts and bounces are selected.  They never increased the black chrome offerings so don't look for this line to expand beyond what it is presently.

Cr*p. I'll be scraping my plans to switch to S56 & S-Tour wedges then. They should take a leaf out of Vokey's book and offer more lofts IMHO.

#4 negolfer

negolfer

negolfer

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3682
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

Should be able to bend on a loft and lie machine?  I would like to have seen them availble in more lofts as well.

#5 Bob57

Bob57

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103973
GolfWRX Likes : 209

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

View PostBirdman of Alcatraz, on 02 August 2010 - 02:57 PM, said:

View PostBob57, on 02 August 2010 - 12:15 PM, said:

Cr*p. I'll be scraping my plans to switch to S56 & S-Tour wedges then. They should take a leaf out of Vokey's book and offer more lofts IMHO.
Tons of lofts and bounces available in the S Tour standard and TS (thin sole) with the chrome finish.  Only the rustique that is limited.

#6 Konklifer

Konklifer

Thinkin' of a master plan...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7455
GolfWRX Likes : 179

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

Highly disappointed.  Ping usually comes through on offering multiple options...but not this time.  Love my MP-T wedges but wanted to try these.  Oh well.

#7 dplasters

dplasters

How little they know about what they imagine they can design

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101355
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

just get a custom grind on it through PING... you can always take bounce off, you can't really put it back on.

#8 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

The Hans Gruber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,909 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 5646

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

the non rustique ones look nice too....as soon as they are released i'm going to get a 58TS and 64TS....lots more option there and it's still a non glare finish
Cobra Bio Cell+ 8.5 w/Ozik Red Tie
Cobra Bio Cell 13 w/PXV
Callaway Xhot Pro 16 w/PXV
Mizuno JPX825 wS300
Mizuno MPr-12 56 and 60 / Spinner
Odyssey Tank #7

#9 NYsportsfann

NYsportsfann

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50129

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

bump. ping website says they updated lofts and bounces, cant find them anywhere though

#10 bazinky

bazinky

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33287
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

You may need to custom order them. That's what I did for my 54 rustique I ordered to go with my i20's.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 NYsportsfann

NYsportsfann

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50129

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

View Postbazinky, on 26 March 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

You may need to custom order them. That's what I did for my 54 rustique I ordered to go with my i20's.
thats fine. was going to custom order anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors