Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

47-48 inch shafts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eardna2

eardna2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106492
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:08 PM

I'm looking to get a new shaft to build a 47 to 48 inch driver. I'm having trouble finding a shaft that's not for swing speeds over 100mph. My swing speed is about 93mph and I don't want something overly stiff. Right now I'm playing a voodoo shaft stiff  and like the feel but I'd like to give a longer driver a try. Any suggestions on a shaft that is 47 to 48 inches thats not specific to long drive champion swing speeds. Thanks for any help you could give.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Gachnar

Gachnar

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80902
  • Ebay ID:gachnar1138
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

The reason you seldom find a shaft that isn't long drive specific longer than 46 inches is because pretty much no one would choose to play a shaft that long for anything else.  They are just harder to control.  There's a reason the tour guys average somewhere closer to 44 and a half.  

That said a 46 inch shaft may play longer when installed, especially it you put it in an adjustable hosel.

#3 TKing

TKing

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47044
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:39 AM

Most people can't swing a long driver faster than a regular driver.  Every individual has a point of diminishing return.  It doesn't go faster simply because it's longer unless the swinger has the strength required.  At 93 mph, you must not have much or any release of the club through the ball.  It would probably be fun to play around with though.  You can buy a cheap shaft on Ebay to play with without spending much money at all.  Buy one step stiffer than you normally play, use the full 46" length, and even put an extension in it to get to a full 48".  I carry one all the time and use it on wide open fairways of which my home course has several.

#4 Goldenhawk

Goldenhawk

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,921 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7653
GolfWRX Likes : 189

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

Just wait six months or so.  TM will be releasing their next Burner driver with a 47 inch shaft.
TM SLDR 10.5* Driver Matrix XCon 5
Adams Super XTD Ti 14.5* Wood Fubuki AX
Adams Super XTD Ti 19* Hybrid Fubuki AX
TM SLDR Irons 4 to AW, KBS C-Taper 90
Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
TM xFT Wedges, 56* and 60*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors