Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Perfect Connection Golf Swing - Signature Series

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

• Guests
  •  
  • Member #:
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:02 AM

Anyone here order the Perfect Connection Golf Swing - Signature Series by CJ Goecks?   Apparently this guy is the Director of "Performax Golf Academy" at TPC Craig Ranch, and appears to have credentials in "Biomechanics"?

Just wondering if the DVD set was worth the $90 he's asking.  Any advice greatly appreciated.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 happyroman

happyroman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54651
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

View PostKidfixer, on 23 July 2010 - 01:02 AM, said:

Anyone here order the Perfect Connection Golf Swing - Signature Series by CJ Goecks?   Apparently this guy is the Director of "Performax Golf Academy" at TPC Craig Ranch, and appears to have credentials in "Biomechanics"?

Just wondering if the DVD set was worth the $90 he's asking.  Any advice greatly appreciated.

This doesn't look any different from any other "connected swing" approach.  The one thing I see that is different is that he emphasizes a 3/4 swing where his follow through finishes with the chest facing the target.  For full distance, most follow through positions have the right shoulder closer to the target than the left, due to a more complete rotation. He mentions a prior back injury, which seems to be the reason for the shorter swing.

I have been personally experiencing excellent results following David Blair's Swingbuild Golf method, which also emphasizes connection. His DVD, which I highly recommend, used to be available for purchase from Amazon for under $30, but is listed as currently unavailable.  You can buy it directly from Blair for 19.95 GBP, plus shipping and handling, which is less than half of the Perfect Connection DVD.  I received mine fairly quickly considering it shipped from the UK.  Here's a link.

http://www.swingbuil...dvd-inside.html

#3 Kidfixer

Kidfixer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113907
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:23 AM

Well, I ordered the DVD series and all I can say is "WOW"!!  Not only have I dramatically reduced my mishits, slices and worm-burners...I am swinging my driver PAIN FREE for the first time since getting back into golf this May!!  I was seeing marked improvement by the second bucket of balls at the range, and I broke 90 for the FIRST time in my life on my first round of golf after watching the course.

I wasn't sure I wanted to pay the money for video instruction, so I tried watching some of the golf instruction vids on YouTube and even ordered a free video series  "Peak Performance Golf Swing", but I didn't see any results (it may have been because the instructor [Don Trahan] annoyed the living $hit outta me so bad that I couldn't concentrate on what he was teaching).

CJ Goecks "Perfect Connection" method worked like a charm for me...so I HIGHLY recommend this course for anyone looking to "cure" some wicked golf habits!!  I still cant believe how quickly I turned my game around...I need to go up to Craig Ranch and buy this guy a beer!!

BTW...he's offering the entire video series (Perfection Connection Swing + 3 other vids) for $47.00 right now.

Edited by Kidfixer, 31 August 2010 - 08:25 AM.

#4 Logie

Logie

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53137
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:13 AM

Sounds like an ad Kid ;)

#5 Hackerforever

Hackerforever

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35495
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

To me the "secret" with Goeck's and Foleys tight back swings is the early wrist c0ck advocated by both. I've always let my wrists c0ck on their own with modest success. The described cocking on take-away tied everything together for me. Shawn Humphrey also preached this but I refused to listen. Oh well, Now lot's of additional distance with center strikes on club face.

#6 ronstelten

ronstelten

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 303931
GolfWRX Likes : 364

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostLogie, on 31 August 2010 - 09:13 AM, said:

Sounds like an ad Kid Posted Image

How does someone join GolfWRX 01/01/1970?

#7 Dinosaur

Dinosaur

"Dino"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 274577
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

Perfection Connection used to have a bunch of free videos if you subscribed. As I recall, they were all pretty good. I used to have them book marked, but don't think there are still on my hard drive. Basically, he advocates a pain free swing and as mentioned based on some medical background. He touted a couple of different training aids, one of which was the perfection connection brace set, that you kept between your upper arms, or thighs depending on what you were working on. Instead of pressing out against a restriction, this device makes you press inwards to keep it from falling much in the same manner as the Tour Strike Smart Ball.
"Non renunciare mai quello
che desideri...."

#8 Dinosaur

Dinosaur

"Dino"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

just as a footnote, I took another look at the Perfect Connection web pages and it looks like you have free access to 22 mini clinics each with 5 segments for over 100 tips. They are basic fundamentals which should resonate with a lot of persons wishing to improve their game.  I am definitely NOT a shill for Perfect Connection, but it looks like good, solid, instruction that goes along with or parallels much of what has been demonstrated in this forum.  His signature series price has been cut to $19.95 which I believe has 3 CD's. But the free stuff, may be all you need for a tune up.
che desideri...."

#9 DevilDog

DevilDog

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127483
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

Best teaching video I ever saw was from back in Norman's heyday.  It simplified everything quite well.  The only bad part was getting past all the ego stroking parts and the cheesy music.  Other than that, it is sound teaching.  A lot of it, really, is what Ballard has taught over the years in my view.  Might be able to find it on youtube.

#10 Dinosaur

Dinosaur

"Dino"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

anyway. this thread got me to look again at some of the better instruction I experienced in the past. Clears the mind so to speak. Going back to basics is always a good thing.

che desideri...."

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 drudixon

drudixon

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248197
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

View Postronstelten, on 14 May 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

It's really al gore just after inventing the Internet.

Edited by drudixon, 17 May 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#12 Dinosaur

Dinosaur

"Dino"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

View Postdrudixon, on 17 May 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

View Postronstelten, on 14 May 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

It's really al gore just after inventing the Internet.

Yes, a little weird.  I don't think it is a marketing ploy by CJ Goeks though. But, could be by one of his followers, but even then, it does not make sense given the videos are less than $20 (for the beginning set), and not $90 as mentioned.
che desideri...."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors