Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ankle pain?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bortass

bortass

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59032
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

Not looking for medical advice or anything like that.

Lately I've been getting some pain in my left ankle on the inside right above that bone that sticks out. This started up probably a month ago when I started to work on coming to a full finish. I'm a righty, so my left leg is where my weight ends up in my finish position.

Have any of you run into anything like this before?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

Glengoyne 21yr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1087

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

Are you new to golf???  How athletic have you been over recent years?  Ankle pain isn't germane to transitioning to the left foot during finish.  Pain is however somewhat germane result of physical activity on two ends of the spectrum.  People that haven't been physically active and people like myself that have always worked out and been athletically active.  The later group regularly faces minor muscle pains, sometimes in the oddest places too.  People that don't work out face minor pain as well, even more likely in odd places.  Pain is no big deal as it's part of physical activity; reason Advil is my friend.  

But if it's constantly bothersome to the point of debilitating and OTC pain killers don't help; see a doctor.
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#3 bortass

bortass

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59032
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:25 AM

Nope, been playing for 8 years but my finish has always been lazy ie I don't come all the way through and face my target. As for activity, beside walking the course, I play volleyball. I'm overweight but not grossly out of shape.

The pain seemed to start about the same time I started to try to get to the full finish, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into it. Could be unrelated to golf.

It's nothing major, more a PITA, lol.

#4 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

Glengoyne 21yr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1087

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

You might be surprised how many people don't transition all they way so their belly button faces the target.  I don't think your pain is the result of golf transition.  Now, a mixture of vball with walking 18 and golf might exacerbate a condition that originated during vball.  I played tournament 2-man sand V-ball in CA for many years, way back when :D  it's very rough on knees and ankles.  

I am a bit confused.  How can someone that plays vball and walks 18 be overweight and somewhat out of shape?
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors