Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

BOBBY GRACE PUTTERS

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 vanquish007

vanquish007

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5536
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:00 PM

I thought I’d post some pictures of the putters in Bobby’s new production line. There are 4 models in the ‘Classic Battleground Series’ and one (so far) in the ‘AMG (All Machine Grace) Production Series’.

His new line is the best he’s put out in my opinion and the new HSM insert expands the sweet spot beyond just the center of the face, so that the ball still has a chance of getting to the hole even on mis-hits off the heel and toe.

Beyond ‘MOI’ (which Bobby was one of the first to incorporate in putter design), no one else has successfully widened the sweet spot on a putter. With the ‘Triumph’ model in the AMG Production Series, he combines the best of both worlds: a putter with an MOI at an unheard of 8700 (one of the highest MOI #’s in a standard length putter) and the expanded sweet spot with his new HSM insert.

These putters are already in some stores but look for them to hit more retailers and pro shops very soon. I'm also told that the inserts on the 'Classic Battleground Series' will be available in black, and not the red you see in the pictures (similar to the insert on the 'Triumph).

According to Bobby an informercial is in the works. In the mean time check out the R&D robotic testing video that demonstrates the new HSM in his putters and how they stack up against the competition.

I've also included some pics of the Tour Prototype AMG F22 (non production).

More info is available on Bobby's website: Bobby Grace Putters

Enjoy!

'Bobby Grace Putters • Hole Seeking Material • Three Sweet Spot Putter Technology'

Classic Battleground Series:
Shiloh
Jericho
Jordan
Megiddo

AMG Production Series:
Triumph

Tour Prototype
AMG F22

Attached Thumbnails

• Shiloh4 640x479.JPG
  • Shiloh5 640x479.JPG
  • Shiloh6 640x479.JPG
  • Jericho1 640x479.JPG
  • Jericho2 640x479.JPG
  • Jericho3 640x479.JPG
  • Jordan1 640x479.JPG
  • Jordan3 640x479.JPG
  • Jordan4 640x479.JPG
  • Jordon2 640x479.JPG
  • Megiddo2 640x479.JPG
  • Megiddo1 640x479.JPG
  • Megiddo3 640x479.JPG
  • Triumph2 640x479.JPG
  • Triumph3 640x479.JPG
  • Triumph1 640x479.JPG
  • F22-7 640x479.JPG
  • F22-8 640x479.JPG
  • F22-9 640x479.JPG
  • F22-5 640x479.JPG
  • Headcovers 640x479.JPG
  • Grips 640x479.JPG
  • NEW BOBBY GRACE 012 640x479.JPG
  • NEW BOBBY GRACE 013 640x479.JPG
  • NEW BOBBY GRACE 005 640x479.JPG
  • NEW BOBBY GRACE 015 640x479.JPG
  • NEW BOBBY GRACE 011 640x479.JPG

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Skaffa77

Skaffa77

Dismal River. There's nothing dismal about it!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23067
  • Ebay ID:Skaffa77
GolfWRX Likes : 365

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for sharing!  

I've been a Bobby Grace fan since his earlier days partnered with Cobra Golf.   Owned a couple of those Grace/Cobra putters with the HSM material.   I then owned (and still own) a few of his Copper and Dovetail putter series before he partnered with MacGregor (owned a few of those as well).

I hope to have a chance to try some of his new designs...

#3 moonshine

moonshine

The Trace!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Ebay ID:chasj_r1
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

Hmmmm...thanks...very interesting stuff! :kewlpics:

#4 RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor

Joe Drinking Hacker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17087
GolfWRX Likes : 156

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

I, too, am a Bobby Grace fan.  He worked on a Ping Dalehead Anser I once owned.  This was just before his Cobra days.  He was great to work with, very patient, and did an outstanding job.  His new line looks terrific.  I wish him all the best with his company.

#5 suavemilagro

suavemilagro

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76342

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

The older grace models are great for sure... I have an original fat lady and game it all the time.
I wish they would start making them again Fat lady, Pip squak, etc. They feel so soft and no insert.

#6 parpar41

parpar41

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21432
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

Bobby Grace makes good and innovative putters.  I have one of his pre-macgregor amazing grace putters;  it is truly innovative.  

Fred funk used one to win the Players, one year.  Funk was just one of many pros to win on the big tour with a BG putter.

I hope he finds a way to get these putters into the popular distribution channels.

#7 golfluvzme

golfluvzme

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 937
  • Ebay ID:golfluvzme
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

This "production" line-up is the run that is not made at his Florida facility, correct?  I love some of the AMG series, but am still a bigger fan of his stuff, pre-Cobra.  The old 2200's, KBI-96's and most of his hand- and garage-made stuff were his best efforts, appearance-wise, IMHO.  His newer models are probably way ahead of the old stuff, technology-wise, but I never could warm up to the shapes.
Just a personal preference, as most things are with putters.
I wish him well and will watch as his new stuff rolls out.
Thanks,
LaMont in AZ

#8 Ezgolfer

Ezgolfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19575
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:49 PM

The new HSM series is not availble at the local golf store . Very few stores on line have them .I would like to try the new production line . Bobby grace inserts are one of the best .

#9 vanquish007

vanquish007

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

Bobby’s currently working on getting these putters into retail outlets and green grass pro shops around the country. If you don’t see them where you shop he’d encourage you to ask for them.

Lamont, you are correct in that this production line is not currently manufactured at his Florida facility which, I suppose, is a choice that several businesses are faced with making in the current economic environment. It makes the most sense right now with respect to his business following the split from MacGregor.

Putters are a very personal thing; probably the most personal piece of equipment in anyone’s bag. I’ve been a collector of Bobby’s putters (mostly handmades) for years. I love the beauty of the old stuff, have seen the progression of his line through the years with Cobra, MacGregor and the several times he’s been out on his own and I really feel strongly about the technology, look and feel that he’s brought to this current line. I feel like it’s all come together in a big way. Like I’ve said previously, it’s his best work IMHO and I think people really need to see and try the new stuff first hand. Again, it’s challenging as he’s working on the distribution channels; but it’s really just a matter of time. I will try to provide updates when I can.

Here’s a link to a thread where a few wrx'ers review their first experiences with the new ‘Triumph’: The New Triumph

#10 RossGolfer70

RossGolfer70

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68873
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

Had and sold a CS Triumph...after time it was just TOO high moi for me which was saddening as I LOVE the HSM. I've since fallen for my SeeMore's...more specifically my Si3 (their insert line)...but seeing the CS Jordan....oh, my.

Not good for wife/husband relationship. I really want to try one....

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 The Slamming Butcher

The Slamming Butcher

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73253
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:50 AM

I love the look of that center shafted mallet.

#12 vanquish007

vanquish007

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

The Bobby Grace Classic Production Series, as well as the Triumph and F-22 are now available at Golfio.Com.

Bobby Grace at Golfio.Com

:hi:

Edited by vanquish007, 11 September 2010 - 01:03 PM.

#13 RossGolfer70

RossGolfer70

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68873
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:12 PM

Put this in another thread but it fits better here, pics this week!

I also grabbed my dream Grace last night. Its a putter that I didn't even think existed, after contacting BG it turns out 10 or less exist or have existed, ever. I nabbed a Center-Shafted Fat Lady Swings that has the tour only grey HSM insert and tour single top-line site line on it. This thing is like new, the base of the club still has the plastic on it.

Even BG himself seems pretty excited about this find as I'm sending it in to be returned with a letter of authenticity...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors