Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

aldila habanero

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 loudizzzle

loudizzzle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62568
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

Just wondering if anyone has used it and if so what are your thoughts on this shaft?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 markheardjr

markheardjr

Member 141..Oh yeah...Snap to youngin!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141
  • Handicap:3.8
  • Ebay ID:tourguyd
GolfWRX Likes : 405

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

It's the highest launching and highest spinning of all the En Fuego series Aldila offers. I have tried the Wasabi and Serrano. The Serrano is ok, a good cheap X flex but doesn't really stand out. The Wasabi is pretty whippy, lots of kick, hence the name. Feels really super smooth but it just isn't for me. I have seen any Habanero's to try of I would. Besides the women's shafts it's probably the only Aldila shaft I have never tried.
'07 Burner TP 8.5 w/ RUL60x
'08 Burner 14.5/17.5 w/ p9003x
Vsteel 7W 21° w/ Oban Devotion 75x
Cleveland 588MB w/ Modus 130 Proto
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 48/52/56
Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach

#3 peterbride

peterbride

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95771
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

I have it stock in my Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 in x flex.  At first I really liked it, but the more I play with it, I find it very inconsistant, if that makes sense.  I just can't seem to hit the club consistantly, sometimes it goes straight down the middle, sometimes it pulls to the left, and sometimes my draw just doesn't show up and it goes right.  I am not a shaft expert or anything but I just think it kinda wierd.  I have a Cleveland Monster with a stock fit on red x flex shaft and do not have this problem with it at all.  I have V2 x flex shafts in my fairway woods and 19* hybrid, and I really like how solid they are.  I don't think the Habanero is as solid and I am thinking about switching it for a V2.  Wanna buy mine???

#4 JD3

JD3

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34264
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:44 AM

Is it some kind of joke where they quote torque at 5 or greater? Callaway has it as stock in their "Diablo Edge Tour" driver so I thought it would be stouter than this. What's the deal?

http://www.aldila.co....php?product=10

Edited by JD3, 05 June 2010 - 06:09 AM.

#5 hmx3

hmx3

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22522
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:32 AM

I have a DET with Habanero in my garage. Played a couple rounds and also thought the Hababero isnīt bad. But this was a mistake. Too much lag and very inconsitant. Plays similar as the NVS, but the NVS is much more stable.

All in all the DET is a good head, but with the Habanero shaft it was wasting money. If you wanna a high launching shaft go with the NVS od the GD YS6.

#6 JD3

JD3

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34264
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:39 AM

That supports my worst fears. I think Callaway makes hot drivers, but it's rare when one appeals to my eye. The last one was the 454, which I used to kill before it got too beat up.  Also, as much as possible, I like to stick with stock setups because they're cheaper and OEMs will some times come up with the best head/shaft combos.  But =>5.0 torque is downright scary.

#7 DL4Golf

DL4Golf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28603
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:01 AM

View Postloudizzzle, on 04 June 2010 - 10:18 AM, said:

Just wondering if anyone has used it and if so what are your thoughts on this shaft?
I played a new DET with a stiff Habanero today and was surprised how well it worked.
There have been a lot of comments about the high torque...  

If you google search on "California Golf Technologies high torque" it is interesting that their testing a few years back showed some qolfers actually play better with a lighter weight, higher torque shaft that is a bit stiffer than what they would normally play.

Here is one old article:
http://www.calgolfte...w/driver29.html
"If you’re going to buy a new driver, there are two important considerations. First, the shaft choice is paramount. My recommendation is to choose a very lightweight, high torque shaft in a flex that is too stiff."

Edited by DL4Golf, 07 August 2010 - 01:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors