Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Hogan Right Hand Grip

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 bdcava

bdcava

bdcava

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90733
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

I'm working on keeping the right thumb and forefinger close together a la the Hogan book.  I know I re-grip sometimes withe the right hand and this certainly helps.  I have to say that it feels uncomfortable.

Has anyone in this forum gone into deep analysis of this aspect of the grip.  Hogan seemed pretty adamant about this lack of separation in Five Lessons.

thanks in advance!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 elrey23

elrey23

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64294
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

Five Lessons is where I first started and so it's where I learned the grip and he is definitely adamant about it. I think his goal for the grip was to form a single unit working together instead of two hands on the club. The thumb of the right hand and the index finger of the right hand are not part of this single unit and he explains this by saying that to get the feel of a real, connected grip you should swing the club with those two fingers off the club and you will realize what the purpose of the grip is. I know that for me it just feels natural to do now and feels right.

#3 atlanta golfer

atlanta golfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35725
  • Handicap:7.6
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

I find that the details of my grip have a major impact on my ball flight.  I've found the 5 lessons by Hogan to be an excellent resource that I refer back to, time and time again.  Hogan shows and describes details about the grip that are really valuable.  I am just amazed at how many other golf books, some of them very good, just do not spend much time on the grip details.

#4 Dariusz J.

Dariusz J.

BiokineticGolf

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44929
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

The weaker is the RH grip the better is the connection between the thumb and the hand. It's biophysics. Do not concentrate on the connection but on making the RH grip weaker than the lead one - that's all.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors