Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bridgestone E7 balls

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Stylers

Stylers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73666
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:34 PM

I currently play Bridgestone's E7 balls, offering a longer more penetrating flight than the E5 and E6. However I have noticed that the E7 is not listed in the 2010 Golf Digest Hot List, nor is it reviewed here in the Forums. The E5 and E6's are listed and reviewed but not the E7. I actually spoke to a Bridgestone rep via their website and he had no idea why it was not reviewed by Golf Digest.

Any thoughts? If you play the E7's, tell me your opinion.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 gvogel

gvogel

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37680
  • Ebay ID:dbvogey
GolfWRX Likes : 209

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

Probably not enough of their testers could benefit from the e7.

Let's face it, most of the testers are 7-handicap or higher, probably wimps off the tee.  the e7 is designed for a stronger hitter, like the guys on this site.

I find very good ball speeds with this ball, and penetrating flight.  A really good ball for a windy day, for me.
Practice with AP2's,
play with AP1's

#3 rickpal14

rickpal14

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90996
  • Ebay ID:rickpal14

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:40 PM

I alternate between the B330S and the e7. I find the e7 to be very long with a great ball flight. I too was missing these reviews.

#4 mcmski

mcmski

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64681
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

How's the cover on the e7? how's the spin around the green? is it more like the e5 or the e6 from 100 yards and in?

#5 harold baines

harold baines

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49439
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 270

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

was it not invited to the field or did it simply not make the cut to be part of the hot list?

#6 Stylers

Stylers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73666

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:20 AM

That is the question, we do not know why the E7 balls were not included. The Bridgestone rep had no idea either. If you review the E5 and E6 balls why would you not review the E7? I asked the rep if Bridgestone was planning on dropping the E7 and he said that it was not being dropped.

It offers a lower penetrating flight for those who hit a fairly high ball, such as myself. When struck well, gives me added distance using my Cobra s9-1 F speed driver. Not as receptive around the green as a softer ball, however suits me fine. It is a 3 piece w/surlyn, not urethane cover just like the E6. However the E7 is supposed to produce a boring trajectory due to different makeup than the E6, and the E6 is supposed to combat side spin. The E5 is a 2 piece with urethane cover to improve launch angle.

#7 harold baines

harold baines

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49439
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 270

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:50 AM

they don't explain it fully, but I'd imagine that it's sort of like the equipment hot list

not every ball they review will be on the hot list, I looked at the article again and there's no full list of everything they tested.

if everything they test made it to the hot list, then it wouldn't be that much of a hot list, it'd be more of an "everything" list

#8 tngolf22

tngolf22

Robert

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72309
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:48 AM

The E7 would not benefit most golfers.  The majority of golfers (mid-high handicappers) need more spin to get more loft and distance.  It's when you get into upper swing speeds (95mph+) when you start worrying about too much spin, matching spin with launch angles, etc...The E7 seems to be made for players with high ball flights and spin.  The E7's reduced spin makes it easier for a high ball hitter (me) to play in the wind and with reduced sidespin.  I played it all last summer and thought it was great.  I had no problems holding greens from any distance (since I hit it high anyway) and only had to make minor adjustments around the green because it doesn't spin quite as much on chips like a ProV1 or V1X.   It's a durable ball too.

I will also point out I've been playing the Taylor Made Penta this spring and I can't tell much difference between that and the E-7.  If I switch to a ProV1 I can easily see how the V1 spins more than both balls, but that's just me.

#9 Longdriver295

Longdriver295

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109069
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

A little about myself, I play alot of golf usally about 4-5 times a week, I am a 4 hc and my SS is 105-110 around 115 in reserve if i need it. Anyway I just started using the bridgestone E7 a couple a weeks ago. I must say this is a pretty good ball for my game or anyone with at least a 95mph ss. Now that being said, I play a bump and run game around the greens so this ball does not check up for me (which i don't want). I land it short and let it run to the hole. I don't get where some people say they don't spin on full aproach shots, Every shot ive hit on the green from 6 iron down has stopped within 1 or 2 feet from ball mark which i like i do not like a lot of backspin id rather my ball Hit, hop, and stop dead. Now off the tee is where this ball performs i get just a tad bit lower trajectory but this ball is long most of my drives are anywhere from 275-300yds on avg. So if you like a distance ball and like a bump and run short game give the E7 a try i think you will like it!!

Cobra X-speed 9.5 driver
Nickalus dpt 3 wood
Cobra 18 dgree hybrid
Titleist 704cb 3-pw
wilson harmonized 60 wedge
titleist 54 SW
cleveland classic putter
ping stand bag
BRIDGESTONE E7 BALL!!!!

#10 Cornbread

Cornbread

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107553
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

Probably not included for several reasons.

First; it's not Urethane covered.
Second; and it marketing and design wouldn't fit in with the test results of its competitors balls. It would look out of place, especially since its extremely low spin.  
Third; Bridgestone already had their share of balls included in the test.
Fourth;  because of its MSRP vs competitors in the testing pool.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 twooverowl

twooverowl

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291235
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:12 AM

i totally agree that it wasnt a hot item for most but if ur game is like mine or longdriver295 it is a hot list item they are perfect for my style of chipping.

#12 VA_Astra

VA_Astra

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67429
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

I always have some E7's around! They are by far the best ball of the tee that I have found. But Where they do lack is the spin around the greens that other balls like V1's, Penta's, Maxfli Tour's, ZstarX's, etc have.

If you are a high spin player with your irons and wedges then yes you can play these and get them to check up and dance when ever you want. Ive even been able to back the e7's up several feet with full approach shots, so they will spin if you hit them right.

The best ball under $30 on the market!
Adams Super LS 9.5 Accra ST 70 M5
T.I. Adams Super LS 15 Accra ST 80 M5
Adams Super S 17 RIP Alpha 80x
RocketBladeZ Tour 4-PW Recoil Proto125F4
SCOR 50/55/60 Recoil Tour 125 F4
SunSet Beach Yaupon 357 Magnum

#13 Cornbread

Cornbread

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

THis afternoon late I played a golf round. Since it had just rained and the ground soft, I decided to pull out the new E7 I found several weeks ago.  I discovered that the ball does have a lower flight from the driver. I felt I could get more fairway roll once it landed on the damp turf, and I did.  But with Irons, even short Irons,  the ball checked-up much less than any quality ball I have played recently.  On several holes I hit 3l approach shots with 3 different balls. Two different Tour Balls (a 3 piece and a 4 piece) then the E7.  On short iron shots the difference in roll-out (check-up) was 4 to 6 feet difference, with the e7 unable to stop.
Its a good ball, just not made for stopping quickly.

Edited by Cornbread, 09 June 2010 - 08:24 PM.

#14 Buddyjay

Buddyjay

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84720

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:51 AM

View PostCornbread, on 09 June 2010 - 08:23 PM, said:

But with Irons, even short Irons,  the ball checked-up much less than any quality ball I have played recently.  On several holes I hit 3l approach shots with 3 different balls. Two different Tour Balls (a 3 piece and a 4 piece) then the E7.  On short iron shots the difference in roll-out (check-up) was 4 to 6 feet difference, with the e7 unable to stop.

+1 and to others that claimed the same thing. I had found that there is more run-out, on the green, than I like. I too like a ball that hits, 1 bounce and stops. Believe it or not, I get that with the Srixon AD333 ball which in my opinion is a very under-rated ball.

#15 Socrates

Socrates

Global Warming… I think not.

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60534
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:21 AM

View PostBuddyjay, on 10 June 2010 - 04:51 AM, said:

But with Irons, even short Irons,  the ball checked-up much less than any quality ball I have played recently.  On several holes I hit 3l approach shots with 3 different balls. Two different Tour Balls (a 3 piece and a 4 piece) then the E7.  On short iron shots the difference in roll-out (check-up) was 4 to 6 feet difference, with the e7 unable to stop.

+1 and to others that claimed the same thing. I had found that there is more run-out, on the green, than I like. I too like a ball that hits, 1 bounce and stops. Believe it or not, I get that with the Srixon AD333 ball which in my opinion is a very under-rated ball.

To sum it all up, the E7 is a no spin rock (found one, hit it 2x and left it on the green).  If this was 10 (or 20) years ago, I guess that it would be in the same class as the Rock-Flite..., I mean Top-Flite.

RH Ping i20 707D Stiff 44.5"
RH Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
RH Ping i20 3, 4 Hyb 707H Stiff
RH X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil Reg (on the way)
LH Scotty Cameron Golo Select 34"
RH Vokey 52º, 56º 60º Spin Milled 2

#16 Cornbread

Cornbread

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:45 AM

View PostBuddyjay, on 10 June 2010 - 04:51 AM, said:

AD333...  VERY VERY under-rated.

#17 Longdriver295

Longdriver295

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

For all you people that says that you cannot get this ball to stop on full wedge shots have got problems with your game and should practice and learn how to HIT DOWN on the ball!!! Because im telling you this ball 1 hops and stops for me all the way up to 8 iron!! and for you guys that say they are rocks understand this you are playing with a ball with an 84 compression rate And a 3 piece ball so that in mind If you DO NOT have at least around a 100mph SS you need to play a 2 piece ball that is around 70 compression thats the reason the E7 feels hard to ya. you DO NOT swing hard enough to compress the E7!! sorry to be so harsh but thats the way it is when it comes to your swing and the balls. Now dont come back at me with well my swing speed is 120 because if it was the E7 would be real soft to ya!!!

#18 Cornbread

Cornbread

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

View PostLongdriver295, on 11 June 2010 - 01:37 PM, said:

For all you people that says that you cannot get this ball to stop on full wedge shots have got problems with your game and should practice and learn how to HIT DOWN on the ball!!! Because im telling you this ball 1 hops and stops for me all the way up to 8 iron!! and for you guys that say they are rocks understand this you are playing with a ball with an 84 compression rate And a 3 piece ball so that in mind If you DO NOT have at least around a 100mph SS you need to play a 2 piece ball that is around 70 compression thats the reason the E7 feels hard to ya. you DO NOT swing hard enough to compress the E7!! sorry to be so harsh but thats the way it is when it comes to your swing and the balls. Now dont come back at me with well my swing speed is 120 because if it was the E7 would be real soft to ya!!!
Personally I feel you are over reacting. Noone called it a rock, they simply implied that it doesn't stop on the greens like some other 3 piece balls.
As for your ball thories about compression and construction... there you are way off base.  The E7 is not engineered for swing speed over 100mph, nor are all 3 pieces ball too hard for slower swing speeds.

Edited by Cornbread, 11 June 2010 - 05:32 PM.

#19 Longdriver295

Longdriver295

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

View PostCornbread, on 11 June 2010 - 05:31 PM, said:

Personally I feel you are over reacting. Noone called it a rock, they simply implied that it doesn't stop on the greens like some other 3 piece balls.
As for your ball thories about compression and construction... there you are way off base.  The E7 is not engineered for swing speed over 100mph, nor are all 3 pieces ball too hard for slower swing speeds.

What i am saying is if you do not have a high SS you Will not compress a high compression ball like its meant to be. Therefore you are not getting the benefit of the ball! Thats the reason i could never understand why most people play pro v1s and they are no where close to swinging hard enough to compress it. But its just so they can say oh I play with pro vs because its the #1 ball on tour when they should be playing a 50 compression. Also I would put the E7 up aganist the pro v anyday!!!!!!

#20 squishyy

squishyy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95354
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

Hm, will have to try out my 2 ball sleeve I got from Golf Galaxy.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* GD Tour AD DI 6s
Titleist 906F2 15* Whiteboard 73s
Mizuno MP32 3-PW DG S300
Titleist Vokey SM4 52*/58*
Scotty Cameron ProPlat Midslant 34"
Titleist ProV1x

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 sk373

sk373

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30156
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

What i am saying is if you do not have a high SS you Will not compress a high compression ball like its meant to be. Therefore you are not getting the benefit of the ball! Thats the reason i could never understand why most people play pro v1s and they are no where close to swinging hard enough to compress it. But its just so they can say oh I play with pro vs because its the #1 ball on tour when they should be playing a 50 compression. Also I would put the E7 up aganist the pro v anyday!!!!!!

ummm . . . you don't need to swing hard enough to fully compress a ProV1 to benefit from its superior short game control and performance.  many LPGA pros play the ProV1 and don't swing a driver much harder than 90-95 mph--you think they don't benefit from playing it?   :rolleyes:

#22 Longdriver295

Longdriver295

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

View Postsk373, on 11 June 2010 - 06:57 PM, said:

ummm . . . you don't need to swing hard enough to fully compress a ProV1 to benefit from its superior short game control and performance.  many LPGA pros play the ProV1 and don't swing a driver much harder than 90-95 mph--you think they don't benefit from playing it?   Posted Image

Yes but thats just the short game. Id be willing to bet if those same women used a lower compression ball they would gain yardage off the tee. They play those balls just for the spin. The reason 90% of the people on here play them. Because alot of amatuers think they are really doing something when they spin one back 15 foot like thats all there are to the game of golf. I could not stand the spin on the pro v thats the reason i would trash them instead of playing them but thats just me and my game. I put too much spin on them thats the reason i can stop the E7 or spin back a foot at most!!

#23 sk373

sk373

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

Yes but thats just the short game. Id be willing to bet if those same women used a lower compression ball they would gain yardage off the tee. They play those balls just for the spin. The reason 90% of the people on here play them. Because alot of amatuers think they are really doing something when they spin one back 15 foot like thats all there are to the game of golf. I could not stand the spin on the pro v thats the reason i would trash them instead of playing them but thats just me and my game. I put too much spin on them thats the reason i can stop the E7 or spin back a foot at most!!

"just the short game"?  short game performance is much more important than a measly 5 yds more off the tee.  which is why LPGA pros play tour balls even if they have 90 mph ss.

#24 Longdriver295

Longdriver295

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:59 PM

View Postsk373, on 11 June 2010 - 07:30 PM, said:

"just the short game"?  short game performance is much more important than a measly 5 yds more off the tee.  which is why LPGA pros play tour balls even if they have 90 mph ss.

Come on man they play TOUR balls because they are on tour!!! those people can do what they want too with a ball regardless of what kind it is!! thats the reason they make hunreds of thousands of dollars not because they playing a short game ball!!!

#25 sk373

sk373

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

Come on man they play TOUR balls because they are on tour!!! those people can do what they want too with a ball regardless of what kind it is!! thats the reason they make hunreds of thousands of dollars not because they playing a short game ball!!!

lol--"they play tour balls because they are on tour"!  now that's just a silly statement.

#26 Cornbread

Cornbread

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:38 AM

View Postsk373, on 11 June 2010 - 07:30 PM, said:

actually the maximum carry difference between any USGA Ball is only like 2.5%....so "5 yards" is above the max for most women.

#27 sk373

sk373

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

actually the maximum carry difference between any USGA Ball is only like 2.5%....so "5 yards" is above the max for most women.

the debate was about why certain players still play tour balls like the ProV1 despite not having the SS to fully compress the ball.  i used the example of LPGA tour pros, many of whom have 90-95 driver SS.

your post is nitpicking about nothing relevant to the discussion.

#28 Robbky40

Robbky40

Advanced

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105149
  • Ebay ID:Robcarla
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

Ok I don't want to offend anyone but I do agree that a slower swing speed will make certain balls feel and perform like a rock. Most guys I play with sweep the ball and can't get any harder ball to stop. They just roll for days with iron shots or chips. When you learn how to hit down on the ball that makes a big difference.  I think knowing your sing style will help a lot in choosing the best ball. I love the Penta but sometimes the back spin hurts me more than it helps because unlike tour players I don't play the back spin distance.

#29 storm319

storm319

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99866
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

and for you guys that say they are rocks understand this you are playing with a ball with an 84 compression rate And a 3 piece ball so that in mind If you DO NOT have at least around a 100mph SS you need to play a 2 piece ball that is around 70 compression thats the reason the E7 feels hard to ya. you DO NOT swing hard enough to compress the E7!! sorry to be so harsh but thats the way it is when it comes to your swing and the balls. Now dont come back at me with well my swing speed is 120 because if it was the E7 would be real soft to ya!!!

Not correct. The e7's overall compression rating is 103-104. 84 is likely the core compression but then take into account the very hard mantle and cover which dramatically increases the overall compression.

http://www.golfwrx.c...1

The e7 is as hard as a low spin tour ball but with a hard surlyn cover. I will agree that most of the people commenting negatively about this ball (myself included) simply don't have the swing to take advantage of it and that is fine because it is designed for a very small niche of golfers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors