Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Mizuno MP 60 CutMuscle Review

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Profiler

Profiler

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:07 PM

Since I didn't have much luck selling them, I sold my beloved 735.cm's instead.  I shafted the Mizunos with DG SL 300 playing at +1/2" or 38.5" on the 5 iron.  I kept the lies standard for Mizuno as I probably will sell them and didn't want to leave any bending marks.

My initial impressions are favorable.  All the irons seemed to be easy to hit.  I had a intentional mishits on the toe to see what the forgiveness was and I must say the difference was minimal, only a couple of yards

Same soft Mizuno feel everyone is expecting.  Compared to the 32's, these seem to dig more than the blades.  Go figure that?  The grooves are ultra agressive, so spin didn't seem a problem.  I didn't notice any shredding yet.

I think Mizuno has a winner here.  If I ordered a set, I imagine I'd get the 32 short irons like the Titlest 735 set.  The pitching wedge is rather large.

Anyway, look for them in the BST section.  I'll probably go back to the Titlest if I can find a new set!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Putt4Dough

Putt4Dough

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:22 PM

You've got a tough life ..... I can't imagine how hard it was to decide between a set of never released to the public Titleist 735.CM or Mizuno MP 60.   :idhitit:  I have never seen either sets but both Titlesit and Mizuno have rather large pitching wedges in player irons.   I wish they made them with less offset and more compact.  

Thanks for sharing the info!

#3 TM golf guy

TM golf guy

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2827
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:39 PM

I want to hit them. I cant wait till they come out. They sound like they are pretty sweet and a combo set sounds even sweeter.

#4 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 821
GolfWRX Likes : 312

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:25 AM

Im glad to hear you prefer the 735s. I've been waiting too long for the 735s to suck. Just a couple more weeks.. hopefully.
Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

#5 BJL

BJL

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:30 AM

Profiler, on Jul 25 2005, 09:07 PM, said:

I think Mizuno has a winner here.  If I ordered a set, I imagine I'd get the 32 short irons like the Titlest 735 set.  The pitching wedge is rather large.

View Post

How does the headsize of all irons compare to the MP-32?  

BJL

#6 rhersch

rhersch

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1906

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:55 AM

I was lucky he got a set of MP 60's.  I got his 735.CMs.  I can't wait to get them shafted and hit them.

#7 finalist

finalist

MASHED POTATO!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 821
GolfWRX Likes : 312

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:42 AM

rhersch, on Jul 26 2005, 10:55 AM, said:

I was lucky he got a set of MP 60's.  I got his 735.CMs.  I can't wait to get them shafted and hit them.

View Post

sweet deal!! PLEASE post a review when you get a chance. I'm really curious how they feel compared to the 704's clicky impact and the softer impact of the 690cb.
Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

#8 ProSpec

ProSpec

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 591
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for the review :idhitit:  Great to get reviews of the newest, hottest stuff out there b4 release to the general pub. If I could only try one set (735s or 60s) it would still be the 60s just bcs. Mizuno forgings have always felt better to me than Titleists.

#9 JGalls

JGalls

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,583 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2519
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:38 PM

finalist, on Jul 26 2005, 11:42 AM, said:

rhersch, on Jul 26 2005, 10:55 AM, said:

I was lucky he got a set of MP 60's.  I got his 735.CMs.  I can't wait to get them shafted and hit them.

View Post

sweet deal!! PLEASE post a review when you get a chance. I'm really curious how they feel compared to the 704's clicky impact and the softer impact of the 690cb.

View Post

they are a tad on the clicky side IMO
Searching for a new driver... Callaway BB Pro 16* Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20*, X Utility 24* Callaway Apex Pro 5-P, KBSTourV Callaway MD2 50s, 54s, 60u Odyssey Tour Black Series i Long Neck #1

#10 JHR

JHR

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 3,762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1089

Posted 26 July 2005 - 02:42 PM

I can't wait to do my own comparison.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 golfman65

golfman65

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1661

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:07 AM

what do they look like...i've a mizzy ho buddy who's hounding me to get pic's of them...thanks,

#12 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • 14,386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 208

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:32 AM

golfman65, on Jul 26 2005, 10:07 PM, said:

what do they look like...i've a mizzy ho buddy who's hounding me to get pic's of them...thanks,

View Post

What do they look like???  Golfman, have your buddy sign up to the site and he can see the pictures on our front page and the thread>>>Here :idhitit:

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

#13 stevemac

stevemac

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2945
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:02 PM

Putt4Dough, on Jul 25 2005, 11:22 PM, said:

You've got a tough life ..... I can't imagine how hard it was to decide between a set of never released to the public Titleist 735.CM or Mizuno MP 60.   :idhitit:  I have never seen either sets but both Titlesit and Mizuno have rather large pitching wedges in player irons.   I wish they made them with less offset and more compact. 

Thanks for sharing the info!

View Post

If you look at most WITB sets, the wedges are changed out with a Cleveland, Vokey or even Cally wedge.  I have to admit that I don't care for the look of my xtour or 32 wedge-why they make it so different-I don't know.  I guess they want to sell us another 47-49 wedge, ha, ha.   :D

#14 K2_2

K2_2

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 620
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:38 PM

Hi Profiler,

Thanks for the review. I sent you a PM but figure everyone else might be interested about the 'digging.' Does the sole grind on the 60 differ that much from the MP-32?

Cheers,

Kyle

#15 smartgolf33

smartgolf33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3771

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:58 AM

a beauty and a joy to hit....for Mizuno fans who love their signature finishing and reflective, not reactive feel on impact, this is the one to have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors