Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

GolfWRX ClubSG Group Weekly Scoring

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Asleep

Asleep

• Marshals
  • 8,490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

In our GolfWRX ClubSG Group we have the bolded options below to rank group members each week on their rounds.

For GolfWRX ClubSG group members, which ranking do you want to use???

Note: some of the choices will show a score (86) and some will show a differential (-3.7)

A description of the different options available to rank your group's scores.

1) USGA Differential

Differential is essentially the difference between your ESC Score and the score that a scratch golfer would record on the same course. It is calculated as follows:
((Score - Rating) X 113) / Slope

To see your own differentials and how they are used for calculating handicap. Click on the "handicap" link next to your handicap index on your "my game" page.

USGA differentials are the best way to compare scores between multiple courses of different levels of difficulty. It does not take into account the skill level of the golfer.

2) Fair Score

Fair score is a simple (and fair) way to compare scores across different courses from players of varying skill levels.
While the formula uses both USGA Handicap Index and USGA Differentials, it is not developed or approved by the USGA.

The Formula:
USGA Differential - USGA Handicap Index = Fair Score

USGA Differentials are a very important part of handicapping. It allows golfers to compare scores across different courses of varying difficulty. For example a score of an 82 might result in a differential of 12 on one course and 15 on another easier course.

A limitation with USGA differential is that it is not adjusted based on the the skill of the golfer (previous performances). For example if I (20 handicapper) shoot an 85, it's a much better relative score than if Tiger Woods (+8 handicapper) shoots a 75. When both scores are played on the same course Net Score is used to perform this comparison. Fair score was created inside ClubSG to provide the same comparison as Net Score across different courses of varying difficulty and par.

3) Gross Score to Par

This is the score as it commonly appears on a PGA leaderboard. For example if you shot a 79 in a par 72 course it would display as +7. This does not take into account the golfers skill level or the difficulty of the courses.

4) Net Score to Par

5) Gross Score

This is the basic score exactly as it appears on the scorecard.

6) Net Score

This is a golfers ESC score minus their course handicap. Course handicap is an indication of what a golfer should shoot based on a given course based on their potential/handicap.

The group has been set at the default "Fair Score"

http://clubsg.skygol.../groups/GolfWRX

Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Asleep

Asleep

• Marshals
  • 8,490 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

If any GolfWRX ClubSG member does NOT want his/her scores posted here, go to your profile and make your scores private. :)

.................................................Weekly Rankings

This is a weekly scoring thread, so "out of date" posts will be deleted in order to keep the scoreboard & posts on the same page.
Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.

#3 Asleep

Asleep

• Marshals
  • 8,490 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

View Posttommypar72, on 14 May 2010 - 08:19 PM, said:

How do I join this forum?
I think you have to be a ClubSG member.

Follow this link:

http://clubsg.skygol.../groups/GolfWRX

There should be a "Join Group" link on the left.

It notifies me, and I approve it as soon as I'm able to. :)

#4 RCGA

RCGA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106047
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:30 AM

Is there a way to show your score in relation to par?

Because a 74 is different depending on whether you play a par 70/71/72

#5 Asleep

Asleep

• Marshals
  • 8,490 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

Frankly, I don't think most will like the "gross score to par" sort.

I did email SG and requested a "gross score to par" column to show above, but not for ranking/sorting.

I'll revert to a different, more balancing, ranking sort in a bit.

We have room for more members. ;)

SkyGolf is considering our "gross score to par" request.

We're still using the Fair Score sort option.

If anyone wants to try a different sort, let me know and we'll see how it looks.

Net Score is balanced by handicap.

#6 Asleep

Asleep

• Marshals
  • 8,490 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

View Postprestiege, on 30 May 2010 - 08:14 PM, said:

how does your name get on the leader board?  i joined the group when it was started, i played 2 9 hole courses...
Gotta post 18 hole round.

#7 Asleep

Asleep

• Marshals
  • 8,490 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostRCGA, on 14 May 2010 - 03:52 PM, said:

I'm ZachOly on this btw.

View Postsheppy335, on 08 January 2011 - 09:25 AM, said:

I just requested membership. I am jbshepherds on Clubsg.

View Postsaxxman, on 12 March 2011 - 04:24 PM, said:

I'm saxxman, in the group.

View Postlov2golf4, on 17 February 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

Not sure if this thread is dead but sent a request to join the group under tomcat614

95 members

86.1 average score

9.8 average handicap

:welcomeani:

View PostElite_Digger, on 28 April 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

Hmmm...once I get out and playing, I'd be interested in joining this. However, my scores will probably be higher than those that I've seen up above so unfortunately, I'd be dragging down the group average and upping the handicap (I'm a 16). :angry:

Nobody cares about the group average handicap.

Weekly leaderboards are handicap adjusted.

Join in on the fun! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors