Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Bridgestone J33

83 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: Bridgestone J33 Driver (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count!

1. 5 (Best) (16 votes [69.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.57%

2. 4 (7 votes [30.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

3. 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 543

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:34 AM

Bridgestone J33 Driver

Posted Image

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/If you have a general help question, post here:GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Sam-Tee-Time

Sam-Tee-Time

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1808
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:35 PM

PREFACE:   The first time I struck a J33 driver, I was struck by the FEEL of the clubface, and the muted feel and sound, while experiencing a definite "hot" clubface.  I love the feel of this driver.  After a few demos, and hearing/reading more about the J33 drivers, I picked up a J33R 420cc 9.5* driver for a very, very low price on ebay, as the 420cc models are available very inexpensively right now since the introduction of the 460cc model.  I played the 420cc model as a backup/rotational driver for several months, and then traded it for a J33R 460, initially shafted with a Grafalloy Blue S-flex shaft.

APPEARANCE:   Purposeful is the word for the J33R driver.  The crown is painted a deep dark metallic black paint scheme.  Unusually - there is no alignment mark on the top of the crown, which leads to a very clean appearance.  Headcover is a very large squarish combination of mesh fabric and rubber - I wish it had a "sock" to protect the shaft.  The sole has very little to no fanfare or awful cosmetics - simply a U-shaped polished sole plate, with simple lettering for "Bridgestone Golf, J33R, and 9.5*", and a simple "B" Bridgestone logo near the toe.  460cc models are also stamped "460cc" on the sole.

The rear of the soleplate has a small elastomer plug with a small steel/titanium "port" that has the appearance of an exhaust pipe!  It's hard to figure out the reasoning for the "exhaust pipe" appearance - but according to Bridgestone's literature - the elastomer plug is supposed to dampen unwanted vibrations.

One thing I really prefer is the .335 diameter hosel - I think that .335 shafts feel lighter, and more accurate than .350 shafts.  This is a wonderful perk, that does not require you to place a shim on a .335 shaft to install in this clubhead.  Thanks Bridgestone!!

The J33R has a very deep large face - at first glance, it appears almost as large as any modern 460cc driver.  The face has a unique looking "V" pattern to the scoring lines - at address position, it gives a unique look and appearance in your setup position.  Clean, purposeful, and professional is how I would describe this club.

FEEL/PERFORMANCE:  The elastomer plug in the J33 must have something to do with the feel.  This clubhead simply feels and sounds marvelous!  If you're fan of the Titleist 983-series drivers, you'll love this one. It's muted, but gives a nice-sounding "throaoack" sound, with a supremely nice feeling of acceleration.  Unlike other drivers (cobra, Cleveland, etc.) - the sound and feel is not tinny or metallic whatsoever.  The forgiveness is very acceptable, and I did not notice much distance loss for off-center hits.  This is simply a wonderful driver.

DISTANCE:   The distance was very comparable to other drivers I've owned/tested.  My benchmark standard is my R5, and the J33R keeps up admirably.  I did notice a little lower ballflight and more roll with the J33R 420cc vs. the 460cc model.  This club is as long as anything on the public market I've ever tested.

CONTROL:  Bridgestone's literature indicates the elastomer plug and weight in the rear of the clubhead is very centrally and neutrally weighted.  It's true - I could work the ball easily left/right, and the clubhead responds to your swing accurately.  If you desire a club that corrects your swing for draw/fade bias - this is not the clubhead for you.  This club does PRECISELY what your swing tells it to.  If you are in command of your driver swing - and want a club that gives good feedback, and is easy to work left/right, the J33R is a great solution.

SUMMARY:  This club is a winner for players with control of their swings, and for golfers who like a more muted less metallic sound and feel.  It delivers a very hot, fast feeling of acceleration at impact, with the most satisfying feel and sound of any driver on the market today.  The very neutral setup and weighting results in a club for golfers in control of your swing - if you are looking to correct a swing flaw, you should look elsewhere.  I hope that more golfers are aware of these wonderful products Bridgestone is producing - they deserve a lot more recognition than they currently get in the US market.  If you are a fan of the Titleist 983 series drivers, but want more forgiveness - this club is for you.

UPDATE:  Here's my comparison between the 420cc and 460cc models.....

I had a long extended range session with the J33R 460cc/Grafalloy Blue last night, hit at least 2 full buckets of balls with this driver. Here's my observations:

The 460cc is a much better driver than the 420cc model.  It launches much higher, is more forgiving, and seems like the face is hotter and springier.  The sound at (good) impact reminded me a little of a FT-3 Callaway - muted, solid, and not clanky or clinckity whatsoever. VERY solid feeling at impact.

Control - As with the 420cc model, this driver does EXACTLY what your swing tells it to.  It is very very responsive, and behaves accordingly.  Good swings are rewarded with powerful, medium trajectory shots, and bad swings are penalized with low&left pulls, high&left hooks, low&right pushes, or high&right slices.  This is NOT a corrective clubhead for swing flaws.  Like computer programming - this machine does what YOU tell it to.  As others have noticed - this club seems to favor a straight ballflight, or a fade.  More on this below……

Grafalloy BLUE Shaft - After researching this shaft on various golf forums, I was prepared to hate this shaft, as it supposedly "boardy", "unresponsive", and "heavy" feeling, with a high kickpoint, which normally does not work for me.  WRONG WRONG WRONG.  I was pleasantly surprised by the Blue - not only does it look beautiful in that royal blue color………it performs well, very very consistently, and seems to reward HARD swings at the ball.  With a proper and good driver swing -I was getting very medium trajectory, nice long shots, with about a 15-20 yard fade at the end.  It's not as accurate feeling as a Fujikura, not as smooth as a Diamana, but this is a very good shaft I think, and my opinion has changed of it.  Very very nice indeed, and it's worth a try.

My next step is to take both my drivers (J33R 460cc/Blue & R5-N/Accra T60) to a launch monitor, and compare the results. We'll see what happens!

SHAFT UPDATE:  I just re-shafted with a Graphite Design YS-6 X-flex (untipped) shaft.  I am much, much happier with this shaft, as it delivers a powerful "kick" at impact due to the softer tip, and tremendous feel and good balance, thanks to a great clubmaker.  I love this setup now, and it's competing with my R5 for main gamer domination.

Summary.   I don't think this will kick my R5/Accra out of the bag (yet).  The R5 corrects my swing flaws, and I really like it's setup.  I was getting better results from the R7 460cc (too expen$ive right now), and the FT-3 Callaway (still too expen$ive, and I'm undecided if I like the sound at impact).  

However - the J33R 460cc is very close to the top of my list for the best drivers out there today.  Since Bridgestone clubs don't seem as popular with the general golfing public, I was able to snag my 460cc at a GREAT price (I won't shock anyone by the low price I got it for!).  For those of you who are better players, with good control of your swings, and don't mind a fade………this may be a great driver head for you.  Me like.

Here's a picture of that funky little plug/port in the backside of the driver:

Posted Image

Edited by Sam-Tee-Time, 25 September 2006 - 11:01 AM.

#3 BridgestoneKevin

BridgestoneKevin

Take what you want, not whats givin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6271
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:41 PM

well the 410 CC is a decent driver, but does not compare to my G2.  I have a friend who is sponsered by bridgestone, and is waiting for his 460 to come in any day know.  I think that hte 460 will be a 5, but the 410 is a 4.

#4 Johnny

Johnny

Get Kwok'd

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:25 PM

Just got a J33R 460cc....

simple put an awesome driver..

Looks =4.5
Forgivness=4.5
Sound/Feel = 4.5
Distance = 4

Probably the second best driver released this year behind the FT-3. The stock stiff NV65 spun a little much for my liking but it didn't appear to rob me of too much distance..if you are looking for a inexpensive 460cc this maybe the one.

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

#5 jeffy

jeffy

Advanced

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1639
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:17 PM

Johnny, on Oct 30 2005, 05:25 PM, said:

Looks =4.5
Forgivness=4.5
Sound/Feel = 4.5
Distance = 4

Probably the second best driver released this year behind the FT-3. The stock stiff NV65 spun a little much for my liking but it didn't appear to rob me of too much distance..if you are looking for a inexpensive 460cc this maybe the one.

View Post

Could you comment on face angle from address?

Thanks,

Jeff

#6 Johnny

Johnny

Get Kwok'd

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,412 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:18 PM

appears square but I'm measure it as soon as the epoxy cures.. already reshafted it... I know it's not 2.5 degree open like my FT-3 is

-J

#7 Johnny

Johnny

Get Kwok'd

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,412 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:51 PM

My 9.5 marked lofted driver turned out to be....

Loft 9.0 and Face angle open 0.5 degrees... very solid driver.

#8 Gallery_kfoot73_*

Gallery_kfoot73_*
  • Guests
  •  
  • Member #: 0
GolfWRX Likes :

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:36 PM

I just got the 460cc version of this club and I absolutely love it. Im able to work the ball perfectly and have gained 15 yards over my G5. Think it is definately partly the shaft.

#9 tpariff

tpariff

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1859
  • Ebay ID:tpariff
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:43 PM

kfoot73, on Nov 6 2005, 09:36 PM, said:

I just got the 460cc version of this club and I absolutely love it. Im able to work the ball perfectly and have gained 15 yards over my G5. Think it is definately partly the shaft.

View Post

What shaft do you have?

#10 Viking Golfer

Viking Golfer

Viking Golfer hitting IRON!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1375
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:26 AM

kfoot73, on Nov 7 2005, 03:36 AM, said:

View Post

Why do you play with Ping & Bridgestone irons when you have the Mizzie Mp-32 in your avatar  :D  :pimp:

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Dsk321

Dsk321

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 223
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:05 PM

Totally sold club, Just rockets and never lets up. Feels like a TItleist, but has a very neutral appearing face (its open i hear...) Definetly a keeper , now if I could blindly purchase the three wood too...
Cleveland Custom XL 7.5* Kai'li 70x
Adams Speedline Super LS 15* Px8a4
Adams VSTpro 17 SPXVST Black 85x
Ping S56 KBS tour X 3-PW
Scratch 8620 54/60
Byron Morgan 8812

#12 LionGolfer

LionGolfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6000
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:21 AM

Claus, on Nov 7 2005, 09:26 AM, said:

kfoot73, on Nov 7 2005, 03:36 AM, said:

View Post

Why do you play with Ping & Bridgestone irons when you have the Mizzie Mp-32 in your avatar  :cheesy:  :tongue:

View Post

What's wrong with that or are youone of the advocates of
play one brand for all clubs"
Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon

#13 hopper

hopper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7811

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:54 AM

jeffy, on Oct 31 2005, 03:17 PM, said:

Johnny, on Oct 30 2005, 05:25 PM, said:

Looks =4.5
Forgivness=4.5
Sound/Feel = 4.5
Distance = 4

View Post

I've got the FT-3, 9 degree with the Aldila  NVS gold (stiff).  I can't get it to go as far or straight as my R-7 tp (8.5)  I like the feel of the FT-3 but probably need a different shaft.  You seem to like it...ideas for a shaft?

Could you comment on face angle from address?

Thanks,

Jeff

View Post

#14 VTHOKIES

VTHOKIES

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7068
  • Handicap:1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:47 PM

?  Is the Bridgestone a higher launching driver with the stated loft or lower launching?  How does it compare launch wise to the Cally FT-3.  I love the FT-3 Tour 9.5* but I am looking for a higher launching driver and the FT-3 Tour only comes in 8.5* and 9.5* and I don't like the close face on the non tour models.

Thanks for any input.
Taylormade M1 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Titleist 915 Fd 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Callaway Apex  Hybrids 20* & 23*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-PW Project X
Callaway MD3 54* & 58*
Odyssey Versa 1

#15 xjustice09x

xjustice09x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3033

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:44 AM

View PostVTHOKIES, on Dec 2 2005, 11:47 AM, said:

?  Is the Bridgestone a higher launching driver with the stated loft or lower launching?  How does it compare launch wise to the Cally FT-3.  I love the FT-3 Tour 9.5* but I am looking for a higher launching driver and the FT-3 Tour only comes in 8.5* and 9.5* and I don't like the close face on the non tour models.

Thanks for any input.

The 460 is pretty true to loft. I heard the other versions play lower than the stated loft. They have a very penetrating trajectory that does not balloon, at least not for me. All the ones I have seen set up square.

I have a 460 on the way with an Accra Tour 70. Hopefully I will get it next week. I can't wait. I liked the drivers performance with the stock NV, hopefully this combo will work even better.

#16 Shibumi

Shibumi

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7112

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:35 PM

Can anyone compare launch angle to an R7 TP?  I've heard that the J33R is a fairly low-launch driver.

I currently have an 8.5 degree R7 TP 757 Stiff and like the mid-height, boring trajectory.  I also have a 8.5 degree G2 with a Vista Tour 70 Stiff (tipped .5") and like the forgiveness, but hit it too high and with too much spin.

I have on order a 9.5 degree J33R 460 with a 757 Stiff.  I'm interested in moving to a 9.5 degree driver because I've found it is easier for me to turn the ball over.  But kind of concerned that it might increase my launch too much.  I had also considered going to an XS shaft to keep it down.

My SS is 107-110.  I have a fairly fast tempo and am able to load the 757 Stiff in my R7 pretty well, though I don't overpower it.  I'm an 8 HC and a pretty consistent ball-striker, though my typical big miss is a push or push/fade.  My current launch angle and spin are approx. 14 degrees and and 3,200 rpms.

Any thoughts on loft, flex for my J33R?

#17 EQTMTJKY

EQTMTJKY

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 730
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

After having both the 420cc 10.5 &  460cc 9.5 drivers and playing them side by side I must say that they are one of the most solid feeling drivers that I have ever played.The 10.5 plays like my 9.5 510TP Tour as far as ball flight and had that nice solid sound when struck. It is nice to be able to ( buy a club off the rack ) that is dead square and is juch great quality.  This is one club that is just starting to get the attation it deserves. I will always keep the 510 tour but the J33R will be my bag for this year. Great Club!!

#18 theothertwo

theothertwo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7986
GolfWRX Likes : 341

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:27 PM

I have tried most of the new drivers out there and for me, the Bridgestone J33R 460cc is the best.  Great design, nice mid to high ball flight, solid feel, very hot and long with lots of roll, does not look too big at address, and brand new for less than $250.  Seems easier to work the ball than most 460cc drivers.  Definitely worth a try if you are in the market for a 460cc driver.

#19 D~Rock

D~Rock

FIGJAM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11439

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

Just got the 460 and all I have to say is WOW!!!!
This is the longest I have ever hit the ball I was able to hit it just as far and a couple of times further than my buddy who usually hits the ball around 290 and 300 on a consistant basis.  It came with the NV shaft and I was going to initially change it out for something else but I think I will leave it in there. Man this club is hot!!!!

~ Bomb Tech Grenade 9* Matrix Radix S7~

~ Bomb Tech Grenade 3 wood 15* ~

~ Mizuno Mx-300 5-GW ~

~ Bomb Tech Grenade 56* Black Oxide ~

~ Ping Craz-E Center shafted ~

~ Penta ~

#20 EdmontonGolfer

EdmontonGolfer

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15428
  • Ebay ID:bucs_fan32

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:47 PM

I notice a lot of people going to the 460CC version.  Do you think the 420CC version is just as good a driver?  I'm hitting an R7 Quad right now which I'm thinking of re-shafting, but I have an offer to trade for a J33R non-460CC version.  Any thoughts?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Bombn

Bombn

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 574 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5004
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:53 PM

Looks like good ol' CostCo is loading up on more "Grey Market" product.

http://www.costco.co...Prodid=11140313

#22 alcap26

alcap26

Major Winner

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:04 AM

I love mine with a 660tr in it.  Great combo if you ask me.  I tried an Acra Tour 70 but was not that happy with it.  I love it now.

#23 Britboy

Britboy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12397
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:37 AM

I've tried pretty much everything out there and this is the best.

To me it feels and sounds like a 510tp but with more distance and forgiveness
Taylor Made M3 10.5* Kiyoshi White 65 Stiff
Taylor Made M3 17* HL  Kiyoshi White 75 Stiff
Taylor Made M3 19* Hybrid Kiyoshi White 95 Stiff
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4-PW Project X 5.5
Mizuno S18 50 54 & 58 Project X 5.5
Taylor Made Spider Mini 34"

#24 purk4president

purk4president

PURK

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9414
  • Ebay ID:purk4president
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:39 AM

Had a tough time being able to get this airborne???? May have been just a bad day at the range...

#25 IAHacker

IAHacker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6547
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:21 PM

Thanks guys for the tip about the J33. I went to try the 460@9.5 degree and compared it against my tour Hi-Bore 9.5 and my 8.5 degree 510 TP. The J33 is just as long as the Hi-bore tour, the trajectory split the difference of the other drivers, and  it feels as good as my TP. And all of this with a stock NV 75gram shaft. Of course I took it home. Thanks again for the tip :-)

#26 obobgolf

obobgolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17064
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:obobgolf

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:09 PM

Bridgestone J33R 460 vs. Ping G5 question.  I'm bidding on a 10.5 J33R 460 Aldila NV65S on eBay.  It seems the prices on these are dropping no doubt due to end of year, new club debuting, etc. I want to get some feedback from those of you who could compare this club with the Ping G5 with the same shaft.  I really like my G5, but have been reading these comments and feel compelled to try the B'stone as a backup driver.  Comments, please!  Thanks in advance.

#27 grovermn5

grovermn5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20699
  • Ebay ID:grovermn5

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

i have both 420 10.5* and 460 9.5* drivers w/nv shafts. love them both. very very long. lower trajectory.
they do have subtle differences in sound and feel.  to me the 420 gives better feedback through sound. they both have very hot springy faces but the 420 seems snappier and quicker. the 420 lets you know by sound you have hit it well. sounds like the G5. the 460 is fairly new to me but the sound is a more deadened. off center and true hits sound fairly the same. the 460 is more forgiving than the 420 and mis-hit distance seems longer. the verdict on distance is still out with me since i have only had the 460 for a short time. i think its the fact that i had the 420 for a while and know exactly when i hit it perfect and just havent got the exact feeling of the 460's sweet spot, but with me that is always the problem when i switch drivers. but so far the are both awesomely long. my previous driver was the mizuno composite. no comparing them. j33's are way longer than the mizuno driver.

#28 tagermo

tagermo

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8116
  • Ebay ID:tagermo
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:06 AM

Just changed shafts in my Bridgestone 460 10.5 from Diamana Blue to the V2 shaft, for me this is "the shaft" for the Bridgestone. After using HIBORE and trying friends j33r with NV I have found the driver and shaft combination that works for me. Also switched from B330S to the Bridgestone E6 and am pleased so far with this ball especially the price.
Ping G400 Max with Alta CB Shaft
Taylormade RBZ Tour 5 wood  with UST Mamiya VTS Silver Shaft
Ping G400 7 wood
Callaway GBB 9 wood with UST Mamiya VTS Silver Shaft

Ping G400 5 Hybrid with Alta Shaft
Titleist AP-3 6 thru P wedge with TT AMT shafts

Titleist AP-3 48 Gap wedge w TT AMT shaft
Vokey SM7 54-16 K Grind wedge bent to 53 degrees with DG shaft

Vokey SM7 58-12 D Grind with DG shaft
Cameron California Sonoma Putter

Bridgestone B330RX ball

#29 690MB

690MB

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8785

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:39 PM

Anyone have a Fujikura Vista Tour 70 (s) in a Bridgestone J33R?

I loved this shaft in my good old 975D and i'm having one installed in my J33R now.

Any experiences?

#30 geeza_1

geeza_1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8127

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:49 AM

Well I finally got to use my 10.5 degree J33r with speeder 757 stiff (tipped 1.25 inches) for a full round at the weekend. What a beast! it is a full inch shorter than my Ping G2 but hits it further! I didn't think that was possible.

The ball flight is perfect and much lower than you would expect from a 10.5 head. I would now not consider going any lower in loft. The ball flies on a beautiful mid trajectory with low spin and hits the ground running.

But the best part about this driver is the feel. It feels almost exactly like my old R510 TP, but with a larger head and more forgiveness.

I cannot begin to express how fantastic this driver is! Sits 100% square and looks beautiful at address. Sounds great and goes a mile! This driver will be in my bag for a LONG time.

At the current prices, if you suffer from too much spin (hello all you Ping driver players), you owe it to yourself to give it a try. Fantastic!

919THI 11.5° / 1° open
929hs 20° / dead square
775hs 21° & 24° & 27°
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 6-pw
MP-T11 50° & 55° / MPT4 61°
Ping Sydney 33"

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors