Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Would Fubuki 63x5ct stiff be right for me?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 asianplow

asianplow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7836
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

So I'm in a search for a driver. My SS is 100-105, and have a Smooth Tempo. Normally my problems with drivers are that I can't create enough back spin, normally high 1K's. I've had a lot of success with the first Ping Rapture in 10.5 with a Red Board 63 in stiff. I played a Speedline with some success last year in 9.5 with Fuji 569, but found the shaft too light, and had a hard time controlling it when I went after it. Those type of combo's worked for me in the respect getting my back spin up. Those produced 13-15* of launch and right at 2300-2500 rpms. I have made some swing changes over the winter and have demoed a 909D2 in 9.5 with a BB regular and 909D2 in 10.5 with BB in stiff and those worked well. Don't have specific launch monitor numbers, but visually looked good.

I normally go after a higher launch to make up for the lower back spin numbers.

I have the chance to buy a 9032ls in 10.5 with a fubuki 63 in stiff. I won't be able to try this combo before i buy it. I'm wondering if this will work for me? I don't know much about this shaft.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 williamo

williamo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122395
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

The fubuki shaft is a HIGH launch shaft with LOW spin. Very good shaft in a lower lofted driver. For example Mickelson used it in his 6* driver if I'm right.

#3 Eagle006

Eagle006

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41616
  • Ebay ID:eagle006
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

I play a 63S in my driver and have a very similar SS to yours. Mine is also tipped 1/2". On that basis, I think the 63S would be ideal for you in terms of flex - I wouldn't have any worries there.

There are lots of threads on the Fubuki in this forum and a search will throw ups tons of information. I would disagree about it being a high launch shaft however. It's much more mid launch for me with very low spin. Whilst I am curious about other shafts, the Fubuki did a lot for my game and I picked up a lot of distance with it, mostly through so much extra roll. A great shaft.

#4 asianplow

asianplow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

I did search on here for the shaft and found some info. Mainly about the launch characteristics, which seem to be mid/mid-high launch and low spin. A lot of the threads were around when the shaft first came out and people being excited about it. Didn't find anyone that had similar swing characteristics to me, so it was hard to gauge. There was some talk about it getting it as an iMix shaft, but didn't quite find what I was looking for.

My thought is that with the head launching mid-high with higher spin and the shaft launches mid-high with lower spin, then hopefully it all equals out. :beruo:

Do any of you know any similar shafts that play the same? I've mainly played Diamana's lately, both Red and Blue. Messed around with Oban Revenge in my 3 wood and Oban Devotion hybrids and like those setup's.

#5 asianplow

asianplow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

I am finding a lot more threads now on fubuki. It helps if you search the right forum :russian_roulette:

#6 Goldenhawk

Goldenhawk

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,921 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7653
GolfWRX Likes : 189

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

I find that the Fubuki 63 is a mid/high launch shaft in an FT-iZ.  It launches lower than the stock Aldila Voodoo.  I also see that with the Fubuki, I get more run after the ball lands indicating that it is definitely a lower spinning shaft.
TM SLDR 10.5* Driver Matrix XCon 5
Adams Super XTD Ti 14.5* Wood Fubuki AX
Adams Super XTD Ti 19* Hybrid Fubuki AX
TM SLDR Irons 4 to AW, KBS C-Taper 90
Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
TM xFT Wedges, 56* and 60*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors