Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How Much do Masters Tickets Cost?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BDoubleG

BDoubleG

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77815
  • Ebay ID:smithfactory
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:44 AM

Hey all!

So I've been hearing a lot of comments on how the Masters is extremely uppity (which it certainly can be), and expensive. However, I was thinking about taking a trip to Georgia next year, and was wondering how expensive this really was. Can the public even get weekend passes (I mean just your average joe), and if so, how much would they be (ballpark)?

Thanks

910D2 9.5 - Diamana D+
RBZ Tour 4 - Oban Revenge 8
Mizuno MP-Fli Hi 21 - DG S300
Mizuno MP-53 4-P - DG S300
Vokey SM5 50.08, 54.10, 60.11 - DG S200
PING Anser 5, Cameron Select Fastback 1

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 DevilGolfer

DevilGolfer

Sweeney>>>>>Wozniacki

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101846
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:50 AM

Face value of the tickets are not expensive, I believe they're under $50. The trouble is, you'll never get them at face value since you can never get them from Augusta, waiting list is too long. Going through online sites will start at $400 for a practice round then shoot up from there. Also, you would have to get the hotel room a year in advance. For tickets to Saturday and Sunday, you're probably looking at $3000 minimum just for tickets.

#3 scotchblade

scotchblade

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23836
  • Ebay ID:basichip
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:12 AM

It is and it isn't expensive.  Give the Masters site a try for practice tickets a year in advance, lottery style.  A sandwich and drink is five bucks.  I've read practice tickets can be picked up from scalpers cheap outside the gates.

#4 iiiput

iiiput

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27741
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:45 AM

This year and last, weekend prices run $400-$650 per badge. One of my friend's paid $1200 for a Sat/Sun badge for this year about a month ago, but I havent heard what prices are doing right now. Last year after we left the course, we had a broker offer us Sunday badges for $250 each b/c it was a very "unsexy" leaderboard. If Tiger is in contention, those prices shoot up.

#5 Gawfman123

Gawfman123

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50864
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

Costco this year, had a package deal.  $5000 for two people, Thursday Friday tickets, or Saturday Sunday tickets, hotel, food, travel to and from golf course, a round of golf at some gc.

Pretty good deal, $2500 a head.  I am currently looking for someone to take me up on that offer next year!

#6 Mward2002

Mward2002

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2482
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

Masters badges for the week if you were on the Augusta National list is something like $125. But since they only release X amount and they're so hard to get, bring your checkbook!

#7 stevesjs

stevesjs

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75010
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

I paid 100 bucks last year for monday practice round from scalpers.

#8 VAgamecock

VAgamecock

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104024
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

I got a free ticket for this Sunday...can't beat that price!

#9 NCSergio

NCSergio

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89761
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

The ticket I had for today was $600.  I got a four day badge and had to return it after the round.  The price on the badge itself was $200 total for the 4 competition days.  After Tiger announced he was playing, the price of my same ticket jumped to anywhere between $1,300 to $1,600...insane.  And as another poster noted, INSIDE the Masters is cheap.  Pimento cheese sandwiches are $1.75.  Beers are $2.75.  Coffee, candy, chips, etc. are $1.00.  Another neat thing is that all the water, chips, etc. are "Masters" branded.  As far as merchandise, you will pay about the same price as you would for similar items in any pro shop.  It's all about respect for the patrons and the players once you are inside Augusta's pearly gates...

#10 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,740 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
GolfWRX Likes : 586

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

I've never paid to go, I always get them with my uncle from his next door neighbor.  I've been every year (save last year) on the weekend for a long time now.  I'll be there tomorrow free as well.  I've seen, however, Sunday tickets going for as much as 5-7k.  It just depends on what the leaderboard looks like to be honest.  Buying them in advance can be cheaper or more expensive, again, it's dependent upon who's on the top of the leaderboard and who's in contention on the weekend.

Right now, they're $929 at the cheapest for tomorrow on StubHub.

Edited by RookieBlue7, 10 April 2010 - 09:00 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors