Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Clearview Putter

66 replies to this topic

#1 Zlim

Zlim

Go Buffs!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54699
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

What are your opinions on this?

http://www.clearviewputter.com/

-Not glass (it's acrylic)
-adjustable weight

Posted Image

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 nobreak1970

nobreak1970

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69638
  • Ebay ID:fignut_uo
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

WHOA!

Very interesting looking.

I wonder if it glares a lot in the sunlight?

#3 ABT

ABT

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47088
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

I think it's going to be another fly by gimmic item.  IMO.

#4 KYMAR

KYMAR

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
GolfWRX Likes : 2251

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

Well in a bid to be a little more clear, its usable as a gamer but there are alignment aid lines on the bottom of it and it is most effective as a trainer for a SBST stroke. I have seen a commercial on TV and frankly, the commercial is poor production quality which makes me wonder about the product itself. Maybe that's unfair. But it's 2010, using the best one of 5 takes shot with your uncle Bonzo's Handicam is no way to sell product IMO.
RAZR Fit Xtreme 10.5 with 7M3 S
Maltby KE4-ST-F, Razr fit, MP650???
Adams Super Hybrid 17*  Program 7.1 S
Adams A12 Pro KBS Tour 4-GW
Adams Pugliellii 56 and 60 DG spinners
TM Daddy Long Legs 38'

#5 stickburn

stickburn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36936
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

It will be a joke to all of us as we watch the infomercial. Then 15 years later Taylor-Allaway will come out with a modified one, with head lights, you know for night putting with the dean's 14 year old daughter, and we will all buy one.

Just like the removable insert wedge, that can spin range balls in a parking lot. We know that idea would never flourish.

#6 daydreamer

daydreamer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24655
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

imagine using the Clearview with the Srixon Yellow golf balls...talk about eye candy for the non-traditionalists out there.

#7 icreate

icreate

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19048

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

Even if were to take the design seriously, it would require some major babysitting with all of the possible scratches to come.  How long before the scratches come along with all the greens out there getting sanded constantly?  Let alone, anything else.

#8 Clearview Golf

Clearview Golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104513

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

My name is Stephen Ross and I developed the Clearview Putter, and would like to answer any questions or miss conceptions about product.
1. Glare, very rare to have a glare problem on the course. Can it happen, yes but very rare.
2. I have been using my putter for two years and there are scratches on the bottom because I play in Florida and Las Vegas often but when the putter in on the green you can not see them at all. We have also sold approx 700 putters in our area and no one has complained about the putter scratching excessively.
3. Yes the putter is also excellent for training and is USGA conforming and can be used in any tourn or league.

The best illustration I can give players to show the validity of the product in to lay a pen on the ground and stand over it like you would if you were putting and aim it perpendicular to a object 10 feet away then point the pen at the object and tell me if you can aim it any better?

#9 daydreamer

daydreamer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

Stephen, great first post and welcome.  Great new product, enjoy you and your company's success.  Please post some other pics of your gamer with the wear and tear non-issues, your production process, your company, etc. - it's a great audience and you'll love the immed feedback.

#10 daydreamer

daydreamer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

one more thing, is a centershafted putter coming?  'would love that!  Or does that impede the view?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Clearview Golf

Clearview Golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

Center shaft is available now and it does not impede you sight line very much. That is the putter I use for the most part.

I will post what ever pics you would like to see and I will do my best to stay up with responses. Lots of office work today so today will be fairly easy.

#12 Echotrail

Echotrail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104731

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

I to would like to see pics of the center shaft vs. the offset handle.
When it comes to golf equipment there is nothing like being able to handle something before you buy it.  Are there any retail outlets where you can pick up and feel this putter before buying?

#13 Clearview Golf

Clearview Golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

They are not available in retail stores.

str shaft.jpg
Straight shaft.jpg

#14 bpratt

bpratt

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9965
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

View PostTravelbum, on 09 March 2010 - 10:05 AM, said:

The best illustration I can give players to show the validity of the product in to lay a pen on the ground and stand over it like you would if you were putting and aim it perpendicular to a object 10 feet away then point the pen at the object and tell me if you can aim it any better?

I don't quite get this, Stephen. Can you explain in a different way? Thanks.

#15 Clearview Golf

Clearview Golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

I will try to do better...golf is based on perpendicular lines. Players try to square the face of their club to the target line whether you are driving a ball or putting a ball. My reference to the pen was based on could you square the pen to an object or point the pen at the same object from 10' away more precisely. What we have done is help the player aim the face of the club in a different manner, we will be posting our test results very soon and the numbers are amazing. When you play pool or shoot a gun you try to position your eyes going down the target line. With any other putter you are trying to square the face to the target line, that is why golf magazine wrote that 90% of ALL golfers are not aiming where they think they are. This illustration is how you aim with your putter, the bottom one is how you would aim the Clearview Putter.

Attached Thumbnails

• Aiming.jpg

Edited by Travelbum, 16 March 2010 - 07:12 PM.

#16 threejack

threejack

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3986
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:31 AM

View Poststickburn, on 08 March 2010 - 05:03 PM, said:

It will be a joke to all of us as we watch the infomercial. Then 15 years later Taylor-Allaway will come out with a modified one, with head lights, you know for night putting with the dean's 14 year old daughter, and we will all buy one.

Just like the removable insert wedge, that can spin range balls in a parking lot. We know that idea would never flourish.

Hilarious, and probably accurate.

#17 hbear

hbear

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3507
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:45 AM

But the same principle applies with every putter that has a long sightline...
Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Ahina 70x
Callaway XHot Pro 15* w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey ProType #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

#18 bpratt

bpratt

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9965
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:03 AM

Stephen, thanks for clarifying that. Makes sense.

#19 mac94

mac94

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25038
GolfWRX Likes : 242

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

I don't get the explanation at all. Like hbear said, how it that any different than any putter with a long sight line?

#20 Clearview Golf

Clearview Golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

No matter what you do when you are trying to aim down a target line your eyes sees everything. So I hope this illustration helps. Even though there is a line behind the putter if you can say you can aim just as will as the line only then you are not one of 90% of all other golfers who can't. All there has to be is a 1 degree difference and you miss a 10' putt. No club is for everyone but this just makes it easier for many golfers to start the ball on the intended line. Putting is about distance and if you are thinking about anything else just before your stroke like target line, set-up or stroke break down then it will be next to impossible to be a consistent putter. This putter will help all three of those aspects very well.

Attached Thumbnails

• Aiming1.jpg

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 Rockfish

Rockfish

Major Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38313
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

View PostTravelbum, on 17 March 2010 - 04:13 PM, said:

No matter what you do when you are trying to aim down a target line your eyes sees everything. So I hope this illustration helps. Even though there is a line behind the putter if you can say you can aim just as will as the line only then you are not one of 90% of all other golfers who can't.

Can someone please translate this for me ?

TIA

#22 icreate

icreate

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19048

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

I see where you are coming from Stephen.  Makes sense to me -- seeing only the direct line and nothing impeding that vision.  And I'm glad to hear about the scratches not being a problem.  Will you be coming out with any other styles in the near future?

#23 KYMAR

KYMAR

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
GolfWRX Likes : 2251

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:41 PM

View PostRockfish, on 17 March 2010 - 08:06 PM, said:

View PostTravelbum, on 17 March 2010 - 04:13 PM, said:

No matter what you do when you are trying to aim down a target line your eyes sees everything. So I hope this illustration helps. Even though there is a line behind the putter if you can say you can aim just as will as the line only then you are not one of 90% of all other golfers who can't.

Can someone please translate this for me ?

TIA

Sure I can. He is saying that because the putter itself is clear, the elongated sight lines, pointed precisely at the target, are the only visible thing you see, He is suggesting that with a traditional putter even with a sight line, You still see the whole putter, and this will still result in a perception of accurate alignment when in fact, you are still misaligned.

Edited by KYMAR, 17 March 2010 - 08:41 PM.

RAZR Fit Xtreme 10.5 with 7M3 S
Maltby KE4-ST-F, Razr fit, MP650???
Adams Super Hybrid 17*  Program 7.1 S
Adams A12 Pro KBS Tour 4-GW
Adams Pugliellii 56 and 60 DG spinners
TM Daddy Long Legs 38'

#24 kanzaclimber

kanzaclimber

Like a frightened turtle.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51058
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

$159.00

#25 usfbulls09

usfbulls09

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103033

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:10 AM

Ah, I understand the concept now, will only see the line on the green...Is there anyway you could show a view at address, instead of at an angle? I can guess what it would look like, but it'd be nice to see exactly what one would see on the putting green...just a thought...

#26 Clearview Golf

Clearview Golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:56 AM

here is a overhead look of the putter when you are set up properly...I hope this helps...Sorry about the quality we have changed the color of the line for production on the putter to white and have not retaken photos for release. I took this of the putter I have been using for the past year.

Attached Thumbnails

• Lined up.jpg

#27 shorrrno

shorrrno

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100347
  • Ebay ID:rorror89
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:04 AM

when i started reading i thought it was a pretty useless putter but having read thru and especially stephens explanation i see it a lot differently. i dont think i will game one but i really like your presence in this thread stephen, thank you. you have done yourself and your product a great servicePosted Image

Edited by shorrrno, 18 March 2010 - 05:06 AM.

#28 Roland

Roland

Rat Fans....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27733
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:30 AM

I really like the alignment aspects of the putter, a fair few years ago a company called snowdon golf made glass putters similar to this one however not so plain in shape.
RFE 9.5 Aldila NV 75x
Super LS 14.5 Pershing 85x
Super XTD 19 PLR s
X Tour 21 C-Taper x
714 AP2 4-PW KBS x
MD2 52 & 58 KBS x.

#29 Rhythm&TempoRenzo

Rhythm&TempoRenzo

Rhythm&TempoRenzo

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101317
  • Ebay ID:lporterlott
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:35 AM

Welcome to GolfWRX,

I like the design of your putter - it looks great & I understand the concept after reading through the thread. I have two questions for you:

1. Is there a blade design in the works?
2. Will your products be available in left handed versions?

Thanks in advance & keep posting...
Pepperwood Grove (Cally XTT) Stand Bag
Titleist 913F 12.75' w/RIP Phenom 80
Titleist 910F 16.50' w/Diamana Ahina
Titleist 690.MB 2-PW w/Project X - 6.0
Vokey Spin Milled CC - 54/11 & 64/07
2008 Yes "Nicky" w/UST FF

#30 Clearview Golf

Clearview Golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:38 AM

The putter is already available in Left handed center shaft and offset.

To answer you first question the blade putter would not allow us to put the aiming line long enough to benefit the player. The longer the aiming line the better as long as you stay within the USGA rules. We are coming out with a mallet head design this summer along with other shapes. Players who have switched to the Clearview Putter from a blade did say it did take a little time but have said to me that since it was clear for the most part it did not seem as large as they thought.

Shorrrno: Thanks for the props, when I started this process many people told me that this was too odd looking and since those same people have started using the putter to this day. This is similar to when Ping came out with the first metal woods. They had a difficult time convincing players this was a better way to hit the ball. I have read one Blog that did nothing but bash the concept without really understanding it. It is my pleasure to come to this thread when at least most people are willing to try to see another way of doing things. I don't expect everyone to use it but whether you "game" with it or not I am sure it will help every other aspect of your game.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors