Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

lostgolfballs.com VS Knetgolf.com

78 replies to this topic

#1 ktkn

ktkn

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93286
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

Is there a difference between these two online stores?  They seem to get mentioned the most regarding used golf balls.  Anybody have any experience with the BOTH of them?  Is there a grade that is minimum if you're playing (like Class B for Knetgolf or AAA for Lostgolfballs)?

I'm most interested in their grading system, which store grades their ball more generously, etc.  Also, do lower class golf balls (I mean the condition of the ball) effect the performance of the ball?  Do they not go as far, or have a very limited lifespan?  Much appreciation from a beginner here...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Robmc826

Robmc826

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17467
  • Ebay ID:robmc78
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

Very interested to hear peoples opinions of knet. I have used LGB before. But have not used knet.

Rob

#3 Obiwan21

Obiwan21

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97191
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:49 AM

I've bought from both. Of the two, I'd have to say that LGB's grading scale is more true to reality, at least in my opinion. The one order I made from Knet were sold as mint and there were about 4-5 balls out of 3 dozen that I wouldn't grade out as mint. It wasn't a big enough deal to make a fuss about, so I can't speak to Knet's willingness to make it right. That said, between the two places, if the balls are roughly the same place, I'll stick with LGB.

#4 dasbill

dasbill

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54066
  • Ebay ID:pdasbill
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

I buy near mint prov1x from www.golfballnut.com. Almost perfect balls. Some have logos but not a problem with me. I've tried the other two but golfball nut has been the best.  They are on eBay and have a weekly newsletter that you can get a really good deal at times.

#5 KYMAR

KYMAR

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
GolfWRX Likes : 2251

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

i won 3 dozen nike one platinum's in Knet's "mint" condition rating about a month ago. (19.50 w/ free shipping, steal!) they were in like new condition and I'd say that about half had no logo or players mark. oh 20 or so free tees too! very happy with them.

Edited by KYMAR, 08 March 2010 - 11:12 AM.

RAZR Fit Xtreme 10.5 with 7M3 S
Maltby KE4-ST-F, Razr fit, MP650???
Adams Super Hybrid 17*  Program 7.1 S
Adams A12 Pro KBS Tour 4-GW
Adams Pugliellii 56 and 60 DG spinners
TM Daddy Long Legs 38'

#6 buttuh

buttuh

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66596
  • Ebay ID:goonies2000
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:01 PM

I've bought from all 3 and LGB's and Golfballnut are neck and neck with Knetgolf following close behind in second. You'll probably find a better deal with golfballnut on ebay, but if you don't have the patience then you're pretty safe with LGB's.

#7 DevilGolfer

DevilGolfer

Sweeney>>>>>Wozniacki

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101846
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

I bout a dozen of the AAAA 2007/08 ProV1's to see how their balls were. Three of the balls were not from the same year but previous releases. I wasn't happy about that. Their shipping prices are also not supportive when buying small quantities (a dozen or two).

#8 Ugo DeRosa

Ugo DeRosa

Ugo Derosa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55233
  • Ebay ID:daddy-o-65
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

I have used both.  One thing to keep in mind- Knetgolf sells refinished balls, whereas LGB does not.  When I purchased from Knetgolf on Ebay last year, I was not aware I was purchasing refinished balls.  I thought they were just recycled balls.  Just in case some do not know the difference, "refinished" balls are stripped, repainted, new logos painted on, then clearcoated (all by knetgolf, not the original manufacturer), so they look new.  "Recycled" balls are simply used golf balls that are cleaned.

I know knetgolf believes that refinished balls perform perfectly fine, but I just don't trust the quality control in the repainting, re-clearcoating process.

I just went on the main knetgolf website (not knetgolf's ebay site) and see that they sell both recycled and refinished balls, and are clear as to whether you are buying recycled or refinished.  That was not the case when I purchased from knetgolf on ebay last year.  As I recall, the ebay ad did not clearly mention that the balls were refinished- you had to click on some extra links in the ad to find out that the balls were actually refinished.  That was my only complaint about knetgolf, so they appear to have fixed this issue on their main website (I assume that knetgolf's ebay site is also clear on the distinction, but did not check).

In defense of knetgolf, I did realized soon after I won the ebay auction that the balls were refinished (I was bored and snooping around the knetgolf website after winning the balls on ebay and discovered the additional details).  I sent them an email requesting that they cancel the ebay transaction.  They did so, no questions asked.  So, good customer service.

#9 ktkn

ktkn

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:10 AM

Thanks for the feedback, but also wondered I should buy near mint balls or is it simply a preference and the lower grade balls perform fine?  I've never played golf at a course before, just started learning and been to the driving range.  With that said, I think I will start to lose a lot of balls, even at the par 3 courses (pitch and putt).  I already bought a box of Callaway Tour ix, but realized I can't be spending that much when I probably won't feel much of a difference and will be losing them constantly.  I haven't even started to hit my driver yet...

So are grade B balls from Knetgolf and AAA balls from Lostgolfballs ok?  Or should I get a higher grade because it will actually perform better for a longer period of time?

#10 buttuh

buttuh

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66596
  • Ebay ID:goonies2000
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:50 AM

Don't spend more than AAA from LGB's. They're perfectly fine. You'll lose them before you exceed their lifespan expectancy anyway. I play bogey golf and I still won't play a new ball unless it's a tournament.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Ugo DeRosa

Ugo DeRosa

Ugo Derosa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55233
  • Ebay ID:daddy-o-65
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

View Postktkn, on 09 March 2010 - 02:10 AM, said:

Thanks for the feedback, but also wondered I should buy near mint balls or is it simply a preference and the lower grade balls perform fine?  I've never played golf at a course before, just started learning and been to the driving range.  With that said, I think I will start to lose a lot of balls, even at the par 3 courses (pitch and putt).  I already bought a box of Callaway Tour ix, but realized I can't be spending that much when I probably won't feel much of a difference and will be losing them constantly.  I haven't even started to hit my driver yet...

So are grade B balls from Knetgolf and AAA balls from Lostgolfballs ok?  Or should I get a higher grade because it will actually perform better for a longer period of time?

AAA balls from LGB are fine for where you are at in your golf game.  Just subtle marks here and there.  The balls are not cut.  Some minor scuffs, yes, but not enough that it will impact your shot.

Just my two cents, but since you are just starting out and you will be losing a fair amount of balls, I would not bother purchasing the higher end models like the Tour ix, unless money is not an issue.  I would stick with mid-level used, AAA quality until your game improves.  For example, check out Callaway HX, Warbird or Big Bertha series; Taylormade Burner or Titleist NXT or DT.  Just go with what is on sale on LGB.  Once you are scoring in the mid 90's or so, then you can start experimenting with different or higher end stuff.  Only then will the different performance characteristics be beneficial/noticeable.

#12 TheLastDon

TheLastDon

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3406
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

you can't really go wrong w/ either place, both are top notch. Whichever place has the better deal (don't forget shipping) on your favorite brand, go with them that time.

#13 cantill2

cantill2

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83767
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

I've been using Knetgolf.com and buying Mint condition Callaway tour ix golf balls. They all are in PERFECT condition and very few logos. Get signed up on their e-mail specials and you can get some huge discounts and make sure you order enough to qualify for free shipping.

#14 RossGolfer70

RossGolfer70

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68873
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

View PostUgo DeRosa, on 09 March 2010 - 10:52 AM, said:

View Postktkn, on 09 March 2010 - 02:10 AM, said:

Thanks for the feedback, but also wondered I should buy near mint balls or is it simply a preference and the lower grade balls perform fine? I've never played golf at a course before, just started learning and been to the driving range. With that said, I think I will start to lose a lot of balls, even at the par 3 courses (pitch and putt). I already bought a box of Callaway Tour ix, but realized I can't be spending that much when I probably won't feel much of a difference and will be losing them constantly. I haven't even started to hit my driver yet...

So are grade B balls from Knetgolf and AAA balls from Lostgolfballs ok? Or should I get a higher grade because it will actually perform better for a longer period of time?

AAA balls from LGB are fine for where you are at in your golf game. Just subtle marks here and there. The balls are not cut. Some minor scuffs, yes, but not enough that it will impact your shot.

Just my two cents, but since you are just starting out and you will be losing a fair amount of balls, I would not bother purchasing the higher end models like the Tour ix, unless money is not an issue. I would stick with mid-level used, AAA quality until your game improves. For example, check out Callaway HX, Warbird or Big Bertha series; Taylormade Burner or Titleist NXT or DT. Just go with what is on sale on LGB. Once you are scoring in the mid 90's or so, then you can start experimenting with different or higher end stuff. Only then will the different performance characteristics be beneficial/noticeable.

Very well put!

I buy AAA's from LGB and they are fine for me. Not to mention, 3.95 for a dozen AD333's is A-OK by me!

#15 ktkn

ktkn

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:44 AM

So how good of a deal is it for $7.50/dozen for Callaway Tour ix Grade B?  Right now they are having a 25% off sale on all Callaway products?  Anybody have any opinions on this one?

#16 fore_life

fore_life

REPS AND TRAJ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
GolfWRX Likes : 648

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:39 AM

Here's your best deal, 100 AAA nike one blacks or nike one platinums for 34.95

http://www.lostgolfb.../category_id/77

http://www.lostgolfb.../category_id/77
Cobra biocell PRO px 6.5
txxx burner 2.0 13.5 UST Attas 80x
txxx burner 2.0 18.5 ahina 80x
callaway  quad dot V protos 4-P ctaper X
raw txxx xft 51, xft 55/60
odyssey ti-hot 1
WITB Link

#17 storm319

storm319

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,846 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99866
GolfWRX Likes : 147

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

Do Knet Mint or LGB AAAAA balls have pen/ink marks? I dont mind logos, but just cannot stand when people decided to use their golf ball as a canvas and go crazy with the sharpie.

#18 ktkn

ktkn

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:05 AM

I ordered from lostgolfballs.com and ordered a bucket (100) of Callaway HX Hot AAA, 50 of Nike One Black AAA, and 3 dozen of Callaway Tour ix AAAA.  The AAA grading was good.  It was everything I expected and more.  The AAAA Tour ix was bad.   A lot worse than what I expected, it was the same as the AAA grading.

I complained and they will be exchanging the Tour ix and I will be sending the ones I received.  No company is perfect but so far they have shown good customer service (we'll see how long it takes the entire process).

#19 2puttbirdie

2puttbirdie

Bonafide Golf Addict

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3224

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

Just ordered 72 (6 Dozen) AAAAA Mint 2008 Pro V1's from Knetgolf for $99.99 with free shipping.  That equates to $1.39/ball.  We'll see how they turn out.

I am a long time buyer of lostgolfballs.com, but my recent order was highly disappointing.  I purchased 100 AAAA Near Mint 2008 NXT Tours for $65.00 and they were more like AA to AAA rated balls with many of them having major scuffs and discoloration.  I have always been pleased with LGB in the past, but this order was highly disappointing so I tried out Knet.

Edited by 2puttbirdie, 10 May 2010 - 03:43 PM.

#20 weschester

weschester

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108708
  • Location:Salt Lake City, probably Glendale G.C. is where you'll find me
  • Ebay ID:weschester808

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

I ordered 36 balls from LGB.com last week, mostly because of positive reviews here and other forums...Ordered 12 AAAAA of TP Red & Black LDP and TP Burner LDP...

Extremely disappointed with the results - only 6 look "like new".

-maybe 8 that are AAAA

-The rest are AAA or worse.

-5 of them have extreme paint chips down to yellow/orange.

The burners have some wierd pits and bubbles (very small) in the paint..... i dunno what from. I never have bought TP burners before but im gonna go buy a brand new sleeve tonight to compare.

Just a heads up

Edited by weschester, 24 June 2010 - 04:00 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 TCMP

TCMP

Disguised

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34660
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

View Postweschester, on 24 June 2010 - 03:59 PM, said:

I ordered 36 balls from LGB.com last week, mostly because of positive reviews here and other forums...Ordered 12 AAAAA of TP Red & Black LDP and TP Burner LDP...

Extremely disappointed with the results - only 6 look "like new".

-maybe 8 that are AAAA

-The rest are AAA or worse.

-5 of them have extreme paint chips down to yellow/orange.

The burners have some wierd pits and bubbles (very small) in the paint..... i dunno what from. I never have bought TP burners before but im gonna go buy a brand new sleeve tonight to compare.

Just a heads up

Contact them, they will make it right. I usually have a few bad ones and they send me the correct balls no questions asked. They seem very good about this as it has happened to me on every order.

#22 weschester

weschester

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108708
  • Location:Salt Lake City, probably Glendale G.C. is where you'll find me
  • Ebay ID:weschester808

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

View PostTCMP, on 25 June 2010 - 01:32 PM, said:

Contact them, they will make it right. I usually have a few bad ones and they send me the correct balls no questions asked. They seem very good about this as it has happened to me on every order.

Ok cool. You were right. I sent an email explaining the situation and they straight up asked how  many I wanted replaced. Very good service. Gonna send me out some replacements free of charges.

#23 Abs777

Abs777

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61262

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:51 AM

When you order from LGB how long does it usually take to arrive using their normal shipping?

#24 mstrege

mstrege

Rookie

• 57 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79928

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:13 AM

Having ordered from both I would say LGB is slightly better.

I purchased 6 dozen AAAAA TP Blacks a couple weeks ago from LGB and aside from a few logos and sharpie marks look like they just came out of the box.  

Based on my experience, LGB's highest grade seem to be in better condition than KNet's highest grade but it is a small sample size as I have only ordered from each of them at most 3 times.

Another good one is Dr. Mulligans - I ordered some Callaway Tour IX from there last season and they were in outstanding condition.  Their prices aren't quite as good as the other two though.

#25 mstrege

mstrege

Rookie

• 57 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79928

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:14 AM

Oh and to answer the most recent question - my most recent LGB order was placed on a Friday and I received it Wednesday of the following week, so pretty quick.

#26 feedlotdoc

feedlotdoc

Tour Winner

• 824 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86388
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:27 AM

I use LGB a lot.  I but AAAA exclusively, and have had no complaints.  Every so often, if I order ix, I will get an i or 2 in the mix, but not big deal to me.

#27 VA_Astra

VA_Astra

Major Winner

• 1,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67429
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:42 AM

I use Golf Ball Nut.  No issues what so ever!
Adams Super LS 9.5 Accra ST 70 M5
Adams Super LS 15 Accra ST 80 M5
Adams Super S 17 RIP Alpha 80x
712 AP2's 4-PW Recoil Proto125 F4
SunSet Beach Yaupon 357 Magnum
SCOR 50/55/60 Recoil Tour 125 F4

#28 boon44

boon44

Tour Winner

• 618 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20788
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:11 PM

Many orders with LGB and they have been great.  Prompt shipping (free at $75.00+) and the AAA and AAAA have always been better than expected for the price.  Just got 9 dozen NXT Tours in AAAA for about $80.00 delivered and other than the fact that half or more had some sort of corporate logo on them they were absolutely perfect.  Retail NXT Tours 9 dz / $270+ versus LGB NXT Tours AAAA 9dz / $80.00.......no brainer.

#29 Abs777

Abs777

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61262

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

Why do people frown on Logo balls?  Is it just because they don't like the logos?

#30 boon44

boon44

Tour Winner

• 618 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20788
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:08 PM

View PostAbs777, on 30 June 2010 - 01:07 PM, said:

Why do people frown on Logo balls?  Is it just because they don't like the logos?

My post might have read like logo's were a negative but I didn't mean it that way.  I don't care at all especially for the quality and price I get them from LGB for.  Hell, I played one of my best rounds lately with a ball that had "Grandpa Wilson's 85th B-Day" on it.....ball lasted the whole round and shot 67.  :cheesy:

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

r.yan163

GolfWRX Sponsors