Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How much does it cost for an Amateur to play in the A&T Pro Am?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 681blade

681blade

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401
  • Joined: 04/28/2005
  • Location:Philadelphia
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:24 PM

I was just curious if anyone had an idea of what the cost if for an amateur to play in the AT&T Pro Am, or even the Hope? I am sure that it must be pricey, and I would bet that even if you had the cash it would be difficult to get into the event, since so many of the spots are taken by celebrities, athletes, corporate exec's, etc.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Cberry

Cberry

    cbgolf11

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74224
  • Joined: 02/01/2009
  • Location:Palm Desert
  • Ebay ID:cbgolf11
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:24 PM

12,000 for the hope

#3 Lundingolfer

Lundingolfer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10459
  • Joined: 01/24/2006
  • Location:St Andrews Scotland
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

View Post681blade, on 13 February 2010 - 12:24 PM, said:

I was just curious if anyone had an idea of what the cost if for an amateur to play in the AT&T Pro Am, or even the Hope? I am sure that it must be pricey, and I would bet that even if you had the cash it would be difficult to get into the event, since so many of the spots are taken by celebrities, athletes, corporate exec's, etc.


watching the amateur's playing not enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 CasualLie

CasualLie

    Do Woodchucks Chuck Wood?

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99500
  • Joined: 12/01/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

It's $15,000 to play in the AT&T Pro-Am, but that's the easy part.  Getting on the list is much, much tougher.

#5 poppyhillsguy

poppyhillsguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2601
  • Joined: 07/14/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 234

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

View PostCasualLie, on 13 February 2010 - 01:38 PM, said:

It's $15,000 to play in the AT&T Pro-Am, but that's the easy part.  Getting on the list is much, much tougher.

I believe they comp some of the guys in retain for appearances during the week at different tournament functions.  I also read they tried to comp Bill Murray, but he always pays.


#6 matthewsiv

matthewsiv

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22686
  • Joined: 12/12/2006
  • Location:Miami Beach
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:28 AM

A friend of mine played in the Bob Hope and has done for the last 4 years.

He is a member of the third course they are playing this week and lives between California and Florida.

I asked him why he did not play the ATT and he told me that you cannot get a spot.

ATT give them to the celebs and then their major clients come next.

#7 AC168

AC168

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4684
  • Joined: 08/07/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:44 AM

They have other pro-am's going on at the same time there ... if you're a pretty big AT&T client, but not big enough, you play at Poppy Hills or something like that.

#8 Ace In The Hole

Ace In The Hole

    What blocks growth is ignorance.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23701
  • Joined: 01/07/2007
  • Ebay ID:caferacer19
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:05 AM

View Postmatthewsiv, on 14 February 2010 - 10:28 AM, said:

A friend of mine played in the Bob Hope and has done for the last 4 years.

He is a member of the third course they are playing this week and lives between California and Florida.

I asked him why he did not play the ATT and he told me that you cannot get a spot.

ATT give them to the celebs and then their major clients come next.

What does it cost to play in the Hope? I think I would rather play the hope to be honest with you.

#9 wfrogge1

wfrogge1

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88478
  • Joined: 07/14/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:09 PM

If you pay my airfare and my green fee ill play with you.. Much cheaper than ATT or Hope and I wont make you feel bad about your golf game like playing with a pro will.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors