Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

ogio ozone 2010 crossbow strap system


31 replies to this topic

#1 entourage2

entourage2

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80253
  • Joined: 04/15/2009
  • Location:Diamond Bar
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:11 PM

So i just bought an ogio ozone 2010 stand bag and i used it yesterday.

is anyone having problems wearing the straps like a backpack?  I can't seem to get the right balance in it.  I feel like the bag is exactly parallel to the floor and i feel lik my clubs are going to fall out everytime i walk.

Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions about this?

I just changed from a sun mountain four5 and i feel like when i wear that one its slanted so the club are up and won't fall out.  I love that bag its just it doesn't fit in the cart when i ride on the course.  I'm always having to turn the damn thing on its side and it gets annoying when you have to get to a pocket.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 cheeks

cheeks

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60188
  • Joined: 07/11/2008
  • Location:College Station, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

I bought a 2010 Ozone about a week ago to replace a Sun Mountain for the very same reason you did.

I haven't had a chance to walk a round of golf with it yet, but I've loaded the bag with my gear and walked in the back yard to adjust how the bag hangs.

Some will hang parallel out of the box, some will hang just right. Mine was close to perfect (for me) when I got it, hanging at the proper angle. You can adjust the straps via the plastic buckles...if you invest about 10-15 minutes shortening / lengthening various straps, you can get your preferred fit.

Like you, I really liked the Sun Mountain, but I was at my wit's end when friends would ask me to ride with them.

I think the Ozone is an excellent bag and now it hangs at a perfect slant for me.

Good luck.

Edited by cheeks, 04 February 2010 - 03:56 PM.

Mizuno MP-650 10.5* Driver, Orochi Red
MP-650 3w 15*, hybrid 19*,Orochi Red S
MP-H4 3-4 Dynalite Gold XP S300
MP-64 5-PW Dynalite Gold XP S300
MP-R12 52* and 56*, DG Spinner
T.P. Mills Softtail

#3 DGA3

DGA3

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21891
  • Joined: 11/16/2006
  • Location:Columbus, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

I'm having the same problem getting my new Ozone bag to hang at an angle. No matter how I seem to adjust it, it always seems to hang parallel to the ground, which makes the clubs close to falling out.

I don't think the single point where the one strap connects to the bag is in the correct location, therefore throwing the balance off.

#4 electroleum

electroleum

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22105
  • Joined: 11/24/2006
  • Location:Calgary, AB
  • Ebay ID:electroleum
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:10 AM

I don't own this bag, but I was recently checking out a few Ogio bags a couple weekends ago, and this was one of them.

I put this on my shoulders, and promptly flung it off even quicker. Those straps just felt horribly uncomfortable, and that made my bag selection instantly smaller.

Oddly enough went with the one remaining 2009 Ozone they had in stock. That bag felt much, much better on my shoulders.
Nike Covert Tour w/Kuro Kage 60 X
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3H w/Fujikura Fuel X
Callaway X Forged 3-PW w/CTaper X
Titleisy Vokey Spin Milled 56* & 64*
TM Daddy Long Legs 38"

#5 Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

    I Like Big Putts and I Cannot Lie.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75388
  • Joined: 02/16/2009
  • Location:Waterloo
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

weird. I have the 2010 Ogio Ozone and I haven't had any problems with the straps. the straps are just cushy enough without being mushy and, while the bag hangs fairly level with the ground, I've never felt like my clubs were going to fall out.

            Titleist 910D2 9.5 'ahina
                PING G10 3W
                Titleist 712U
                PING i20 4-U
                PING Tour Gorge 56WS, 60TS
                PING Scottsdale TR Anser 2


#6 yahtzee

yahtzee

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144083
  • Joined: 10/25/2011
  • Location:VA
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:32 PM

I am having the same issue...i absolutely love this bag - except for the legs and the straps...I have tried shortening the strap over the right shoulder and lengthening the left one but with no luck....any one get it figured out?

#7 Stage12

Stage12

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106617
  • Joined: 04/20/2010
  • Location:Norcal
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:25 PM

I ran into the same problem. My options, since i didn't really like the sun mountain alternative, was to either go up to the GROM or add a dozen more balls and an extra water bottle to the bottom of the bag. The OZONE now equals about what the GROM weighs. The quality of the Ogio bags just seemed to be that much better so I decided to stick with it and carry a little extra weight.

#8 DoubleCup

DoubleCup

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4025
  • Joined: 07/31/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

View PostStage12, on 10 May 2010 - 11:25 PM, said:

I ran into the same problem. My options, since i didn't really like the sun mountain alternative, was to either go up to the GROM or add a dozen more balls and an extra water bottle to the bottom of the bag. The OZONE now equals about what the GROM weighs. The quality of the Ogio bags just seemed to be that much better so I decided to stick with it and carry a little extra weight.

This CANNOT be the only option, can it?? I just loaded up my new Ozone and have the eact same problem...bag hangs level and feels like the clubs are going to fall out!!  Of course I came right to Golfwrx to see if I was doing something wrong, but it appears not.  I don't understand the two-to-one strap thing either...What the H*11?? there has to be a way to adjust these things so they fit right, if not this bag is going back and I will never look at another Ogio product again! How could they possibly have this HUGE a design flaw????

If someone figures this out please let us know...

#9 Harry Longshanks

Harry Longshanks

    I Like Big Putts and I Cannot Lie.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75388
  • Joined: 02/16/2009
  • Location:Waterloo
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

View PostDoubleCup, on 24 July 2010 - 04:27 PM, said:

I don't understand the two-to-one strap thing either...What the H*11??

what don't you understand?

            Titleist 910D2 9.5 'ahina
                PING G10 3W
                Titleist 712U
                PING i20 4-U
                PING Tour Gorge 56WS, 60TS
                PING Scottsdale TR Anser 2


#10 DoubleCup

DoubleCup

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4025
  • Joined: 07/31/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

I didn't get how it worked at first but then figured it out. Think its kinda stupid but whatever...this bag is going back. I get it to hang right.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#11 Chitostyle

Chitostyle

    Rookie

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79568
  • Joined: 04/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

Have the same problem, can't get it to hang anything other than horizontal. In addition, the middle circle piece where the straps connect is quite uncomfortable. I was able to adjust it so it sits a bit lower, but soon as I try and tighten the top of the back so it's higher, that circle padded piece jumps right back up to the top right side of my back.

Spent about 30-40 minutes trying to tweak it so far.

#12 DoubleCup

DoubleCup

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4025
  • Joined: 07/31/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

Dump that sucker!! I returned mine and now its back to the drawing board for me. Its ashame because the "bag" part of the ozone is great. I like the Woode top and the pockets. But the fact that the straps and the legs (all ogio leg mechanisms suck!) are so poorly engineered is inexcusable!!

#13 Chitostyle

Chitostyle

    Rookie

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79568
  • Joined: 04/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

View PostDoubleCup, on 27 July 2010 - 11:09 PM, said:

Dump that sucker!! I returned mine and now its back to the drawing board for me. Its ashame because the "bag" part of the ozone is great. I like the Woode top and the pockets. But the fact that the straps and the legs (all ogio leg mechanisms suck!) are so poorly engineered is inexcusable!!

Did exactly that yesterday. I too absolutely love the bag. The insulated drink pocket, ball silo, high quality bag materials, I even liked the Arclite leg system much more than the old one on my Ogio Flight.

But those straps were a dealbreaker. Traded it in for a Sun Mountain Four 5. Heading out tomorrow, excited to give it a testdrive.

#14 Carl Spackler2

Carl Spackler2

    ZP

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49549
  • Joined: 02/22/2008
  • Location:Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

I have the 2009 ogio ozone and the straps broke! So there has to be some kind of flaw in their design

#15 DoubleCup

DoubleCup

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4025
  • Joined: 07/31/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

Ogio BLOWZios!! Chit, good luck with the 4.5. I'm still searching...


#16 blevo

blevo

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98529
  • Joined: 11/13/2009
  • Location:Virginia
  • Ebay ID:J-blevs3
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:28 PM

I just went and traded in my new Ozone bag for a sun mountain 4.5 before even coming to this forum. I was just kind of curious tonight to see if the 40 dollars I spent to return it and get my sun mountain was just a case of me being stupid and not being able to figure out the strap system. Glad it wasn't just me. When I first put it on in the store to check it out I noticed that it was sitting horizontal but I figured that when I got home and put the clubs in and adjusted the straps a little bit all would be good. Clearly I was wrong. Went and walked 18 today and my snap hooks and thinned lob wedges were the last thing on my mind. All I could think about was how uncomfortable the pads in the center of my back were and trying to get the clubhead side of the bag higher than my water bottle so my clubs didn't fall out. Might have been the most frustrating round of golf in my life!!!! This bag sucks. It's a shame to 'cause I really liked the look of it and how it was set up but man, what a terrible design. Hope i like my 4.5

#17 J.D.

J.D.

    CSI Guy

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93238
  • Joined: 08/29/2009
  • Location:Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:22 PM

I am reading this after buying a 2010 Ozone.  I loaded my bag up and noticed the same thing.  I've been playing with the straps and have a slight difference now where the club head end sits higher than the base.  However, it took a long time to get it tweaked.  It was either level or that join was digging into my back too.  

I have found that the higher on my back I get the center strap, the less that connection ring would dig in.  You have to be careful though as if you get it too high in the center, it takes the weight off the left shoulder and puts the weight forward.  

The ideal setting is to have someone help you out and hold the bag at a slight angle.  Then adjust all three straps while it is hanging on your back so that they are each slightly longer than the other starting with the shortest setting at the head end.  This worked for me and I've got about 4 or 5 inches difference between the head end and the bottom.

Unfortunately, I cannot take this bag back and return it as I bought it privately from a person who had won it in a raffle.  Fortunately I only paid $90 for it.  The kicker with this bag is for sure the strap system.  I own several bags and have owned many of the Ogio and Sun Mountain bags over the past years.  I guess I'm a bag ho.  I currently own this new Ozone, an '09 Ozone, a 2010 Decibel, an '08 Flight SS, an '08 Grom, an '08 Edge, A SM three five, SM four five, and two SM MPB's.  It's a rediculous collection but I play upwards of 150 rounds per year, walking most of them and they all seem to get their playtime.  

The best strap system I have encountered is that on the SM MPB bags, really comfortable.  The next ones that I liked were on my old Ogio Vaporlite.  They were wider than most, comfortable and very adjustable with the triple triangle system.  Too bad the bag was a POS!!  Legs were terrible and the durability of the bag was weak, only lasted me about a year.

I can tell you that Ogio went to the same strap system with three points of contact on the Decibel bag too and it has the same issues.  It is the replacement for the Vaporlite and a MUCH better bag but the straps went down hill.  I don't get why this company had such a great thing going for them with the triple triangle system and they switched.  If you read all the old reviews on Ogio, the legs sucked.  Now they made the legs better and the straps suck.  You'd think they'd figure it out.

Sorry for dragging this comment out so long but if you are stuck with the bag, it can be adjusted, you just need a second person to help out.  

If you can take it back, go with the Sun Mountain Four 5 bag see if you can get an '09 Ogio bag on the net.  They had the better strap system.  The Ozone, Edge and Grom are all decent for carrying if you have to and if you ride carts, the Edge and Grom have the torque strap to attach it to a cart that is excellent.  With that the bag rides straight and solid, never tips or leans over at all.

#18 Grapehunter

Grapehunter

    Live and play with passion

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 858 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114167
  • Joined: 09/02/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

Just received my Ogio Ozone and despite my better judgement I didn't heed the warnings from others on this board. After spending 30 minutes trying, I can get the straps adjusted so the bag sits a little above parallel to the ground with both straps on but all the weight sits on my right shoulder, so in essence I could remove the left shoulder strap and still have the same weight distribution.

The leg stand is crap unless you are on hard ground. Anything less than black top or concrete and the legs don't fully extend without extra downforce. Needless to say I was very disappointed with the bag. I have since then ordered the Titleist version of the SM four5 and will be selling the brand new Ozone asap.
Cobra BioCell Pro Driver
Cobra BioCell Plus 3 Wood
Cobra BioCell Hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2 Irons
Vokey TVD SM5 Wedges 50,55,60
MACHINE M2A Converter Putter
WITB Link

#19 VokeyKid

VokeyKid

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109289
  • Joined: 06/09/2010
  • Ebay ID:datdudeegn
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

I was just looking at getting this bag.....luckily I checked first. Looks like ill be sticking with the titleist for now.

#20 J.D.

J.D.

    CSI Guy

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93238
  • Joined: 08/29/2009
  • Location:Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

I wanted to follow up as I fixed my bag, it now hangs at a proper angle. I had a new stap sent to by Ogio, for free. It was the 4 point contact strap. I added a carribeaner clip to the lower loop where the old strap clipped on. I added the second middle strap around the carry handle. This provided MUCH more adjustment. Bag is perfect now. Just that new strap is garbage and can't be adjusted.
This fix worked.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#21 J.D.

J.D.

    CSI Guy

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93238
  • Joined: 08/29/2009
  • Location:Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:32 PM

One more update. Went to the local hardware store today and bought a small black strap with a quick connect plastic clasp. Put that crossbow strap back on the bag for a test. I added the strap to the middle strap ring on the crossbow. I then attached it to the carry handle and completely fixed the problem. And what a difference!! Bag sits on a nice angle now and is much more stable when mounted. It's also fixed the weight distribution issue, nice and even on both shoulders. And, for those who want to convert the strap to a single strap, it slips into the sleeve with the middle strap and works perfect. This is an easy fix for anyone interested. Glad I did this because I love the bag, just annoyed with the straps. For those who are of the same thought, this fix will work for you.

#22 bond007

bond007

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57797
  • Joined: 06/12/2008
  • Location:Spain
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:58 AM

View PostJ.D., on 09 October 2010 - 07:32 PM, said:

One more update. Went to the local hardware store today and bought a small black strap with a quick connect plastic clasp. Put that crossbow strap back on the bag for a test. I added the strap to the middle strap ring on the crossbow. I then attached it to the carry handle and completely fixed the problem. And what a difference!! Bag sits on a nice angle now and is much more stable when mounted. It's also fixed the weight distribution issue, nice and even on both shoulders. And, for those who want to convert the strap to a single strap, it slips into the sleeve with the middle strap and works perfect. This is an easy fix for anyone interested. Glad I did this because I love the bag, just annoyed with the straps. For those who are of the same thought, this fix will work for you.
Could you post a pic, please?

#23 lchang

lchang

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53955
  • Joined: 04/17/2008
  • Location:San Carlos, CA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

After reading this suggestion, I tried this:  Detach the strap from the center metal loop on the bag--not the big O in the middle of the straps, but the little O just above the ball silo.  Then I attached it to the handle.  Now the bag seems to hang pretty close to perfect, with the clubheads higher than the bottom of the bag.  Weight distribution seems fine.  Haven't walked a round with it yet, but I can report back after that.  

I hope that this won't cause something to break because the handle isn't designed to serve as the middle metal loop?  I'd like to think that the handle can support the entire weight of the bag for long and frequent periods, just as the straps and metal loops can.  I guess I can't know that for many months.

And yes, I agree is truly ridiculous that we're dealing with this, but I'm also a fan of this bag's combination of features, weight, etc.  Hopefully, this simple "fix" works.

#24 bond007

bond007

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57797
  • Joined: 06/12/2008
  • Location:Spain
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

View Postlchang, on 08 January 2011 - 02:15 AM, said:

After reading this suggestion, I tried this:  Detach the strap from the center metal loop on the bag--not the big O in the middle of the straps, but the little O just above the ball silo.  Then I attached it to the handle.  Now the bag seems to hang pretty close to perfect, with the clubheads higher than the bottom of the bag.  Weight distribution seems fine.  Haven't walked a round with it yet, but I can report back after that.  

I hope that this won't cause something to break because the handle isn't designed to serve as the middle metal loop?  I'd like to think that the handle can support the entire weight of the bag for long and frequent periods, just as the straps and metal loops can.  I guess I can't know that for many months.

And yes, I agree is truly ridiculous that we're dealing with this, but I'm also a fan of this bag's combination of features, weight, etc.  Hopefully, this simple "fix" works.
I did just the samePosted Image

#25 lchang

lchang

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53955
  • Joined: 04/17/2008
  • Location:San Carlos, CA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

View Postbond007, on 08 January 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

View Postlchang, on 08 January 2011 - 02:15 AM, said:

After reading this suggestion, I tried this:  Detach the strap from the center metal loop on the bag--not the big O in the middle of the straps, but the little O just above the ball silo.  Then I attached it to the handle.  Now the bag seems to hang pretty close to perfect, with the clubheads higher than the bottom of the bag.  Weight distribution seems fine.  Haven't walked a round with it yet, but I can report back after that.  

I hope that this won't cause something to break because the handle isn't designed to serve as the middle metal loop?  I'd like to think that the handle can support the entire weight of the bag for long and frequent periods, just as the straps and metal loops can.  I guess I can't know that for many months.

And yes, I agree is truly ridiculous that we're dealing with this, but I'm also a fan of this bag's combination of features, weight, etc.  Hopefully, this simple "fix" works.
I did just the samePosted Image

Quick update:  I finally got a chance to walk a round today.  Attaching the strap to the handle seems to have worked great.  I experienced no problems at all.  (The upper pocket zipper gets stuck, but that's a completely different issue.)


#26 The Big Pinch

The Big Pinch

    God Bless America!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7665
  • Joined: 11/11/2005
  • Location:The Great Lakes State
  • Ebay ID:ezpincher
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

Very clever fixes to this issue but it seems like way too much effort to fix something that should work right in the first place.

#27 lchang

lchang

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53955
  • Joined: 04/17/2008
  • Location:San Carlos, CA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

View PostThe Big Pinch, on 20 January 2011 - 01:42 AM, said:

Very clever fixes to this issue but it seems like way too much effort to fix something that should work right in the first place.

As I mentioned earlier, I agree we shouldn't have to worry about this nonsense.  But this fix (despite my detailed explanation of it) took about 2 minutes to do.

#28 misterlau

misterlau

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113603
  • Joined: 08/27/2010
  • Location:NY
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

View Postbond007, on 06 January 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

View PostJ.D., on 09 October 2010 - 07:32 PM, said:

One more update. Went to the local hardware store today and bought a small black strap with a quick connect plastic clasp. Put that crossbow strap back on the bag for a test. I added the strap to the middle strap ring on the crossbow. I then attached it to the carry handle and completely fixed the problem. And what a difference!! Bag sits on a nice angle now and is much more stable when mounted. It's also fixed the weight distribution issue, nice and even on both shoulders. And, for those who want to convert the strap to a single strap, it slips into the sleeve with the middle strap and works perfect. This is an easy fix for anyone interested. Glad I did this because I love the bag, just annoyed with the straps. For those who are of the same thought, this fix will work for you.
Could you post a pic, please?

+ 1

#29 zowens

zowens

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119818
  • Joined: 01/04/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

This bag was a total lemon for me, which is unfortunate because it's a great looking bag and I always get complements on it.  Like others it seems to hang much too horizontal to the point my clubs felt like they were going to fall out.  I finally adjusted the straps so this wasn't as big of an issue, but it was never quite right.  One of the zippers always hung up and required extra care to get the pocket to close.  

The stand mechanism and legs are total garbage.  I had one of the original PING stand bags before this one, and was expecting the stand mechanism would have benefited  from 10+ years of evolution, but sadly the PING was way better.  After 6 months of use one of the legs on the OGIO would no longer retract back to the closed position, which means when I walked with the bag the leg was constantly drooping down and causing me to trip over it....a real pain in the a**.  To top it all off I flew with this bag on several occasions with it in a protective travel case (also made by OGIO) and the leg was broken beyond repair after one of the trips.  I attempted to get along with the damaged leg for a while but it soon completely snapped in half.  I don't blame the OGIO travel bag, which I like quite a bit, I blame the flimsy leg construction.  I called OGIO about getting a replacement leg and they don' t have any in stock so now I have to buy a new bag.  It won't be an OGIO unless they've completely redesigned their stand system.

#30 J.D.

J.D.

    CSI Guy

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93238
  • Joined: 08/29/2009
  • Location:Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

Sorry guys, I've been off the forum for a while.  I see a couple requests to post some pics of the strap I attached.  I'll do that this weekend and get them up.  Sorry for the wait!!

JD


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors