Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

R9 Supertri TP Shafts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kchiefsfan

kchiefsfan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24063
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:23 AM

I have always played clubs with stock shafts. Does anyone have any info on the different shafts that will be offered with the R9 Supertri TP. Swing speed, trajectory, distance, etc. What shafts are for what type of players or swings, etc.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 eegolf2

eegolf2

eegolf2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83236
  • Ebay ID:eegolf2
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:42 AM

That's a good question.  I just order one with a Fubuki 63 stiff.  Does anyone have an opinion on this shaft?

#3 17whodey17

17whodey17

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61707

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:48 AM

View Postkchiefsfan, on 24 January 2010 - 01:23 AM, said:

I have always played clubs with stock shafts. Does anyone have any info on the different shafts that will be offered with the R9 Supertri TP. Swing speed, trajectory, distance, etc. What shafts are for what type of players or swings, etc.
I'm almost certain that there are going to be 10 options including the Fubuki 63 and 73, Matrix Ozik HD6 and 7 and Xcon 5, and the VooDoo. Golf.com has an article in the shop blog about it but it doesn't mention any new options bit i've heard rumblings of a Project X option??
R11S RIP Phenom 60 9.5
RBZ Stage 2 Tour TP Matrix RUL 80 14.5
R9 TP 3i KBS Tour
TP MC 4-7, MB 8-PW TTDG S300
ATV 52/56/60 KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

#4 eegolf2

eegolf2

eegolf2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83236
  • Ebay ID:eegolf2
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

Here are the choices, from a good source I have:

Motore F1 55, 65, 75, 85
VooDoo VS6, NV 6
Matrix Ozik XCON 5
Matrix HD6
Fubuki 63, 73

#5 jones137

jones137

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24427
  • Ebay ID:roberson28
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:05 AM

View Posteegolf2, on 24 January 2010 - 08:42 AM, said:

That's a good question. I just order one with a Fubuki 63 stiff. Does anyone have an opinion on this shaft?

It's a solid shaft. It plays similar to the Blueboard in feel and launch but with lower spin. It was a little too low spin for me.

Taylormade SLDR 12* Fujikura Fuel 70X
Callaway Big Bertha 2004 13* X100
Mizuno CLK 17* Fubuki 84X
Adams Idea Pro 20* VS Proto 95x
Ping i20 4-PW CFS X
Callaway X-Forged 54*, 60* X100

#6 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75013
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:09 AM

I called TM early this week to ask about some things on the SuperTri. The person I talked to told me they were having some final meetings on shafts, specs, etc. He told me to check TM's website Monday the 25th to get my questions answered. He wasn't saying 100% it would be up. He just said it could be. Didn't know what time though. You know how that goes. Hopefully it will be cause I'm really interested in this club.

#7 kchiefsfan

kchiefsfan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24063

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

I appreciate the info. Can someone help me with how these shafts perform, or give me an opinion on which might be better for me? My SS is right at 100, my distance is around 280, I would probably like a little more height on shots, I hit the ball pretty straight, do not have a draw or a fade, maybe a push or pull every now and then, I use a stiff shaft, not sure about spin or ball speed. I am looking for info from people who have actually played some of these shafts, rather than someone who is trying to sell me something. Thanks again for the replies and the help.

#8 markheardjr

markheardjr

Member 141..Oh yeah...Snap to youngin!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,597 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141
  • Handicap:3.8
  • Ebay ID:tourguyd
GolfWRX Likes : 263

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

View Postkchiefsfan, on 24 January 2010 - 01:00 PM, said:

I appreciate the info. Can someone help me with how these shafts perform, or give me an opinion on which might be better for me? My SS is right at 100, my distance is around 280, I would probably like a little more height on shots, I hit the ball pretty straight, do not have a draw or a fade, maybe a push or pull every now and then, I use a stiff shaft, not sure about spin or ball speed. I am looking for info from people who have actually played some of these shafts, rather than someone who is trying to sell me something. Thanks again for the replies and the help.

You could go between S and X at 280yds. If that's a "good" hit, then stay with S. If that's the norm, then try X. I'd say the HD6, SVS6, or Fubuki 63X would be good for you. The VooDoo is very forgiving on mishits. The S-Core ribbing really helps keep the shaft from ovalling and if you hit it way off the toe it won't open up as much...means less hook spin from the gear effect. The Fubuki is a good low spin shaft, if you're looking for a flatter trajectory with more roll that might be your option. The HD6 is sort of a combo of both, it's a good all-around shaft, flattens trajectory, I think it feel smoother than Fubuki but that might be just me. It's closer to a Fubuki than a the VooDoo.

The Motore F1 is a decent shaft, it's a little lower launch than the 3 I mentioned above. You say you want a little more height so I'd steer away from the F1. I think the Xcon5 is one of the worst shafts evermade. It will help you hit it REALLY high and spin a ton more. That shaft should only be available in R flex or to people that hit the ball 20 feet off the ground. Definetly not for someone that hits it 280.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors