Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

V Harness

56 replies to this topic

#1 MikeMo

MikeMo

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71976
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

Has anyone ever tried this training / swing aid?  I heard about it on a local sports radio show, watched the video online and while it looks interesting its pretty expensive ($200).  That being said it turns out that the company's main office is located about 5 minutes from my house.

Thinking about stopping by to see if I can demo it but before I waste my time does anyone here have any impressions??

Here's a link to the site  http://www.vharness.com/

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 happyroman

happyroman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54651
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:25 PM

It's a very similar concept to a swing training device designed by Mike Austin called the flammer.  Looks like a very ingenious design, especially how the cords are attached to the club.  Should be an excellent tool for learning the feel of keeping the arms in synch with the body while maintaining width in the swing.  Seems a little pricey. tho.

#3 assassin307

assassin307

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105640
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

View PostMikeMo, on 19 January 2010 - 04:41 PM, said:

Has anyone ever tried this training / swing aid?  I heard about it on a local sports radio show, watched the video online and while it looks interesting its pretty expensive ($200).  That being said it turns out that the company's main office is located about 5 minutes from my house.

Thinking about stopping by to see if I can demo it but before I waste my time does anyone here have any impressions??

Here's a link to the site  http://www.vharness.com/

Did you ever get a chance to demo it?

#4 CasualLie

CasualLie

Do Woodchucks Chuck Wood?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99500
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

Saw the commercial the other day, and now seeing here that it's $200, I'm just shocked.  I thought they would price it at $99 and that would be pushing it.  $200 is plain stupid.

#5 assassin307

assassin307

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

View PostCasualLie, on 28 August 2010 - 04:36 PM, said:

Saw the commercial the other day, and now seeing here that it's $200, I'm just shocked.  I thought they would price it at $99 and that would be pushing it.  $200 is plain stupid.

Does seem high...just wonderin' if anyone has tried it?

#6 Poser

Poser

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144057
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

View PostCasualLie, on 28 August 2010 - 04:36 PM, said:

Yea that thing had to cost less than 10 bucks to make.  Its a pos vest with two wires on it....

#7 doubleBZee

doubleBZee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82037
  • Ebay ID:trey8419
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

I am interested to hear a review
Cobra Amp - AD-DI7
TM Burner TP 3 - BB 83
TM TP MC/MB - Ctaper
Vokey Wedges
TM Penta TP
Byron Morgan DH89

#8 Solutions Etcetera

Solutions Etcetera

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33999
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

Gotta love the "whatever the market will bear" pricing on stuff for golfers. I have seen some real gems over the years and this is certainly one of them (whether it is effective or not). Anyone know if there is a patent on it?

I especially love the $100+ instructional DVDs with less than home movie production values.

Man! are we suckers for a fix, or what?!  :black eye:

#9 assassin307

assassin307

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

View PostSolutions Etcetera, on 28 August 2010 - 07:51 PM, said:

Gotta love the "whatever the market will bear" pricing on stuff for golfers. I have seen some real gems over the years and this is certainly one of them (whether it is effective or not). Anyone know if there is a patent on it?

I especially love the $100+ instructional DVDs with less than home movie production values.

Man! are we suckers for a fix, or what?!  :black eye:

yup, always looking for that miracle...its out there, I just know it!

#10 seniorgolfer1947

seniorgolfer1947

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95684
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

Can anyone say Swing Jacket (which I have to admit I purchased)

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 scifisicko

scifisicko

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90910
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:47 PM

looks like a good product @ $49.99, but @ 200 bucks i will make one myself from an old flotation vest.

#12 golfaddct99

golfaddct99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95047

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

Saw the video and Tried it at the driving range.  It claims to help you feel the "connected golf swing", etc.   It generally accomplishes most of what it claims to do and is not s not a terrible device...but for $200?  For my money take some lessons!  If you insist on some sort of training device,  try  the Athletic Golf Swing Pure contact connection- it accomplishes more for $39 than the Vharness does for $200.

#13 danattherock

danattherock

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98548
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:11 AM

Now priced at $99 I see, curious if anyone is actually using this thing. In theory it seems interesting to me. Any thoughts?

http://www.vharness.com/

-Dan

Edited by danattherock, 18 October 2010 - 07:14 AM.

#14 MikeMo

MikeMo

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71976
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

View Postdanattherock, on 18 October 2010 - 07:11 AM, said:

Now priced at $99 I see, curious if anyone is actually using this thing. In theory it seems interesting to me. Any thoughts?

http://www.vharness.com/

-Dan
The one that they are selling for $99. is the original model.  They have remodeled the device and they still charge $199 for it.  I haven't stopped by and demo'd it because the hours they are there and my schedule have not coincided.  I'm going to give them a call and make an appointment to check it out.  As others have said $199 for a training aid is way to much!  I'd rather pay for some lessons.

#15 happyroman

happyroman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

I have historically been a sucker for training aids, but have changed my tune somewhat after reading Practice to Learn, Play to Win by Mark Guadagnoli.  In it, he says that one should avoid practice aids that physically limit the movement or stroke in some way, or force you into certain positions.  These types of aids do not enhance the learning process, but act as a crutch and inhibit learning.  Training aids that enhance certain feelings without restricting movement (like the TourStriker) are excellent however.

Since I haven't tried this one, and don't have any plans to do so, I can't say if it is good or not. However, it appears to be closer to the first category of practice aid that Guadagnoli says one should avoid.

I have been working on a combination of David Blair's Swingbuild Golf method and Shawn Clement's swing philosophies, and have made some tremendous strides with my swing this year.  In particular, this video by Shawn Clement has really turned on some light bulbs for me.  His concept of the rotational forces generated during the swing causing a tugging feeling at the shoulders as the arms are pulled outward has been invaluable to me.  

http://www.youtube.c...h/1/A_RO2gcJ7fI

For those who are not familiar with Shawn's work, here is the perpetual motion drill.

http://www.youtube.c...h/2/g4FU27zTNNQ

All I do now is work on his perpetual motion drill and try and feel my arms tugging on my shoulders (and feel the weight of the club being pulled outward in my hands) .  If I can create this feeling, I stay connected, my arms are in sync with the torso, and I am more easily able to avoid the hit impulse.  Seems to me that this is what the V-Harness is trying to do, and I am able to accomplish this for free. Plus, I don't look like Tin Cup when I'm at the range.

#16 Poser

Poser

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144057
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

View Posthappyroman, on 18 October 2010 - 11:16 AM, said:

I have historically been a sucker for training aids, but have changed my tune somewhat after reading Practice to Learn, Play to Win by Mark Guadagnoli.  In it, he says that one should avoid practice aids that physically limit the movement or stroke in some way, or force you into certain positions.  These types of aids do not enhance the learning process, but act as a crutch and inhibit learning.  Training aids that enhance certain feelings without restricting movement (like the TourStriker) are excellent however.

Since I haven't tried this one, and don't have any plans to do so, I can't say if it is good or not. However, it appears to be closer to the first category of practice aid that Guadagnoli says one should avoid.

I have been working on a combination of David Blair's Swingbuild Golf method and Shawn Clement's swing philosophies, and have made some tremendous strides with my swing this year.  In particular, this video by Shawn Clement has really turned on some light bulbs for me.  His concept of the rotational forces generated during the swing causing a tugging feeling at the shoulders as the arms are pulled outward has been invaluable to me.  

For those who are not familiar with Shawn's work, here is the perpetual motion drill.

All I do now is work on his perpetual motion drill and try and feel my arms tugging on my shoulders (and feel the weight of the club being pulled outward in my hands) .  If I can create this feeling, I stay connected, my arms are in sync with the torso, and I am more easily able to avoid the hit impulse.  Seems to me that this is what the V-Harness is trying to do, and I am able to accomplish this for free. Plus, I don't look like Tin Cup when I'm at the range.

Do you have to hijack every thread and post videos for shawn clement.  This isn't even relevant to the post.  I'm super happy you have found an instructor that works for you but, it seems every post you make is about shawn clement...

#17 happyroman

happyroman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

View PostABFU, on 18 October 2010 - 11:41 AM, said:

Do you have to hijack every thread and post videos for shawn clement.  This isn't even relevant to the post.  I'm super happy you have found an instructor that works for you but, it seems every post you make is about shawn clement...

I'll address your points specifically and then generally. The first video I posted (Taut Swing Philosophy) is perfectly relevant to the discussion of the V-harness because it accomplishes the same things that the training aid is supposed to help one learn.  Both are trying to help one feel a connected swing, where the arms are in sync with the torso and help create a wide swing arc.  I posted the video as an example of how one could practice the swing and work on the things the V-harness is supposed to help one learn. I felt that by watching a free video, and practicing the information presented in it, one can achieve the same things without having to spend $100 or $200.  

The second video was to clarify a drill that I find helpful, and would also benefit anyone trying to accomplish the things the V-harness is supposed to be useful for.  I can only assume that you don't think they are relevant because you either haven't watched them, or don't understand them.

Now, I'll address your concerns in general.  I am of the belief that a picture (or even better a video) is more useful than commenting in a thread using only words, which can be easily misinterpreted by the reader. I also think that the instructors whose videos I link have said things much better than I ever could, so I post links to them to illustrate points which I believe to be relevant and helpful.  

There's an old saying, "If your favorite tool is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."  I'll admit that there may be some of that flavor in my postings. However, I really do try not to hijack threads and only post things that I believe are relevant and helpful.

Finally, I don't only post links to Shawn's videos.  I post links to videos by Shawn, Martin Chuck, Jeff Ritter, Monte Scheinblum, Geoff Mangum, Brian Manzella, and David Lee.  I used to post links to David Blair' s stuff, but his YouTube videos don't work anymore for some reason.  

Of the instructors I follow, I personally find Shawn's videos to be the most helpful.  Based on the responses I have received to my posts, many other people seem to find them helpful as well.  

Considering the number of thumbs up he got, I would be willing to wager that Shawn will be a finalist on the Golf Channel Instructor Search.  Given his communication skills and excellent teaching concepts, I would imagine he would have an excellent chance of winning the whole thing.

Edited by happyroman, 18 October 2010 - 01:06 PM.

#18 TheBoomer

TheBoomer

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67458
GolfWRX Likes : 237

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:31 AM

View Posthappyroman, on 18 October 2010 - 12:54 PM, said:

View PostABFU, on 18 October 2010 - 11:41 AM, said:

I'll address your points specifically and then generally. The first video I posted (Taut Swing Philosophy) is perfectly relevant to the discussion of the V-harness because it accomplishes the same things that the training aid is supposed to help one learn.  Both are trying to help one feel a connected swing, where the arms are in sync with the torso and help create a wide swing arc.  I posted the video as an example of how one could practice the swing and work on the things the V-harness is supposed to help one learn. I felt that by watching a free video, and practicing the information presented in it, one can achieve the same things without having to spend $100 or $200.  

The second video was to clarify a drill that I find helpful, and would also benefit anyone trying to accomplish the things the V-harness is supposed to be useful for.  I can only assume that you don't think they are relevant because you either haven't watched them, or don't understand them.

Now, I'll address your concerns in general.  I am of the belief that a picture (or even better a video) is more useful than commenting in a thread using only words, which can be easily misinterpreted by the reader. I also think that the instructors whose videos I link have said things much better than I ever could, so I post links to them to illustrate points which I believe to be relevant and helpful.  

There's an old saying, "If your favorite tool is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."  I'll admit that there may be some of that flavor in my postings. However, I really do try not to hijack threads and only post things that I believe are relevant and helpful.

Finally, I don't only post links to Shawn's videos.  I post links to videos by Shawn, Martin Chuck, Jeff Ritter, Monte Scheinblum, Geoff Mangum, Brian Manzella, and David Lee.  I used to post links to David Blair' s stuff, but his YouTube videos don't work anymore for some reason.  

Of the instructors I follow, I personally find Shawn's videos to be the most helpful.  Based on the responses I have received to my posts, many other people seem to find them helpful as well.  

Considering the number of thumbs up he got, I would be willing to wager that Shawn will be a finalist on the Golf Channel Instructor Search.  Given his communication skills and excellent teaching concepts, I would imagine he would have an excellent chance of winning the whole thing.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
TESTING
WITB Link

#19 golfaddct99

golfaddct99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95047

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

For my money I'll take some lessons for the $199. But if you are looking for something to help you feel a connected during the swing, try the Atletic Golf Swing device for $39 bucks.  My teacher turned me on to it a while back and I must say, it's the best forty bucks Ive ever spent.

#20 caryk

caryk

Come to the dark side ... we have cookies!!! ;)

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4000
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

View Postgolfaddct99, on 04 December 2010 - 07:36 PM, said:

For my money I'll take some lessons for the $199. But if you are looking for something to help you feel a connected during the swing, try the Atletic Golf Swing device for $39 bucks.  My teacher turned me on to it a while back and I must say, it's the best forty bucks Ive ever spent.
Funny thing is that Ballard developed that exact same device back in the early '80's but called it the "Connection".  I actually still have mine.  It worked in precisely the same way ... holding the left arm against the chest while allowing the right arm to be free.  I'm surprised that he hasn't brought it back instead of touting this V-Harness now.

Edited by caryk, 04 December 2010 - 09:22 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 jak_bot

jak_bot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73598
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

V-Harness looks like something out of an Adult store.

#22 Timanator

Timanator

SFClone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71372
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 137

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

It's a man-zir baby!
Ping Anser 9.5 Ahina 70-S
Adams Super S 2H 17 degrees, Kujoh-S
Ping I20 3-PW KBS Tour-S
Ping Tour W 52/Mizuno 56T10
Odyssey Versa 7

#23 jasonTeI3

jasonTeI3

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118275
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

how ridiculous

#24 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 17,308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 3889

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

As with any other golf training aid what they are selling is hope. If it worked that well we'd have heard a lot more about it.
Callaway Big Bertha 9.5
Callaway X2 Hot 17
Callaway X2 Hot 21
TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52 / 58
SC Newport 2 Dual Balance

#25 caryk

caryk

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

I just remembered that Haney had a device almost identical to what Ballard is selling (i.e. V-Harness).  Haney's was called the "Power Connection" but I can't find it anywhere on the web now.  I wonder if he ran into some kind of patent issue on it and had to stop selling it.  If so, Ballard might run into the same problem.  Both used a harness and had a flexible cord(s) attached from the harness to the butt end of the club.  Haney even had an infomercial on it as well but I can't find that either.  Interesting to see what happened to it.

#26 youngwaldo

youngwaldo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8465
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

I have the Connection and now the original V harness. They both work very well. I did not get it online I got it from the inventor and he told me how it works well before it came to market.   The orginal I have does not have the clasps like the new but works just as well.  One thing that it did improve on me was that I gained more distance.  I think it has resistance was developing the muscle for my golf swing.  Great product.

Wk

Edited by youngwaldo, 05 December 2010 - 02:53 PM.

SLDR TP 430 VC6.2 TOUR SPEC X
SLDR TP 14.5*, 19* VC7.2 TOUR SPEC X
TM TP CB 3 Iron, MC 4-6,  MB 7-PW  DGTIX
xFT 52, 56 DGTI S400
Titleist GOLO 7 Dual Balance
TOUR PREFERRED X, PROV1x

#27 caryk

caryk

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

View Postyoungwaldo, on 05 December 2010 - 02:51 PM, said:

I have the Connection and now the original V harness.
So you have Haney's product?  Any real differences between the two?

#28 Body_Visions

Body_Visions

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25501
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

I have a V Harness Pro I might let go.  PM me if you are interested.

#29 Man In The Miura

Man In The Miura

Heee heee heee!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97915
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

I finally saw one in action.  This poor guy was ingraining the most beautiful flip swing imaginable.  His follow through was about waist high and rotating around his body.

Rocco is great and God bless him for all his talent and the drama he brought to the game vs. Tiger, but for the life of me, I don't want to learn to swing like him.

#30 ExProGoingBack

ExProGoingBack

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70498
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:11 PM

Put a towel under each armpit...put $200 towards a good club fitting

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors