Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Gripless Arnold Palmer Titanium

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 golferlaird

golferlaird

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64154
  • Ebay ID:golferlaird
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

My Friend got it from the PGA show 15 or so years ago.HPIM4564.jpg HPIM4566.jpg HPIM4565.jpg HPIM4567.jpg HPIM4568.jpg He also has a special glove to go with it.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 freddiec

freddiec

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2258
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

What is that? A Ti driver without a grip? Never saw one of those before. I don't think its worth much at all to be honest. Its not a collectable, or a very playable type hi tech club. Maybe 50 bucks. To me it looks like a cool club to practice with, might relieve tension in the hands.

#3 mat562

mat562

My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167
GolfWRX Likes : 250

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:40 PM

Crikey. I remember those. And it's even got the special black and white glove that came with the thing too?

Very interesting clubs, and in that condition a dozen or more years after they were launched it's certainly a bit of a nice curio to have. I wouldn't bank on it raising a fortune, even in mint condition, but it may generate a bit of interest. You never know. I'd guess that you might get 50 quid for it, but personally I'd keep it and hit the thing.

For what it's worth, purely as a bit of meaningless trivia, I saw Tiger Woods hitting one of those many moons ago on the range at Royal Troon that was borrowed from Butch Harmon. He was all over the place with it but by God he was hitting it a long way.

If I remember rightly, the big butt shafts were made by AJ Tech, who have since gone out of business. I'm not sure if there was another shaft model available too which was a brighter, solid red colour.

Fascinating club whatever you do with it.

#4 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
GolfWRX Likes : 960

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

I remember seeing those in the golf store thinking "who the heck would buy one of these?" Apparently, the answer was nobody.

Does it's lack of sales mean it's "rare"? Probably.

Does it's rarity equate to lots of value? Probably not.

mat562 got it right when he suggested it be best put on display in a curio. (I think that's what he meant), never can quite tell when he starts his posting with a "Crikey". :rolleyes: j/k

Me, I'd hang on to it, I don't think you'll get nearly what you'd be hoping for in an open market auction. But, it is a cool conversation piece.

#5 ahl3bomber

ahl3bomber

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81852
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:19 PM

thats pretty cool...ive never seen a shaft with that idea..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors