Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Counterfeit Diamana Kai' Li's

79 replies to this topic

#31 BCC

BCC

Whatever works !!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36183
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

Great posting msfix13....Makes it extremely difficult for us Authorized Dealers to move a great product when the eBay temptation to nut a great price is there.  Best thing I tell customers is the old " If it's too good to be true--IT IS !!!  Mitsubishi is doing the best they can to deter this, so it's great you called this out for people to recognize and hopefully contact these Manufacturers with info on where the fakes are purchased !!
It is a plague on eBay right now for Fake Golf Equipment and even harder on Golf Shops who produce the real deal......

Edited by BCC, 14 December 2009 - 02:16 PM.

R11 S Tour AD DI 6x
4 wood R9 TP BlueBoard 83
4 Hybrid R11 JavlnFx 95 X
TM MC 2012 Tour Issue 4-pw KBS Tour S
Vokey SM4 50/54/SM5 58K KBS Tour S
KP1 raw---TM TP5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 golfasaurus

golfasaurus

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4432
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

There are actually custom fitting shops in Singapore selling fakes. Funny thing is the local offices know about it but can't seem to be doing anything about it. Had quite a few of my customers and up with fakes. From Mizunos, to "Tour" issued taylormades, vokeys, etc etc. And like Joe said, it can be hard to tell unless you have both the real deal and the fake side by side.
Stanley Kee
Miura Distributor
Torque Golf
WITB Link

#33 marrigo

marrigo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44545
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

View Postdelrmx01, on Dec 14 2009, 02:08 PM, said:

View PostNuttygolfer, on Dec 13 2009, 05:00 PM, said:

View PostDasenergi, on Dec 13 2009, 03:50 PM, said:

another seller selling the fakes exactly like the ones pictured above is seller fxxxxe_s he also sells a ton of Rombax shafts that are known for being one of the top faked shafts. Buyer beware.

Here are a few more selling counterfeit Kai'li

namebrandsgreatdeals
cantfindclubs
proclubsdirect

I can account for "namebrandsgreatdeals" as selling counterfeit.  I purchased a Kai'Li several weeks ago.  Luckily, she returned my money.

Did you report them to ebay and MRC?
SLDR, 9.5*, 'ahina 60 S
TEE CB4 15*, Xcaliber T6S+
RAZR-X Tour 18*&24* Rombax 8D07HB
RAZR-X Tour 5-PW, C-Taper S+ SS 2x
Scratch 8620 54*&58*,C-Taper S+SS 2x
RAZR-X Forged GW, C-Taper S+ SS 2x

#34 David Hillman

David Hillman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75809
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

And
   like Joe said, it can be hard to tell unless you have both the real
   deal and the fake side by side.

You know what would be really cool?  If this or some other site had an archive of reference pictures, close-up high-resolution detail shots, of real equipment, that people could use to compare with.  Then, eventually, we might not have counterfeiters with 100% feedback ratings.

[ Recently bought two clubs on eBay that I haven't received yet for 'steal' prices from 100% sellers... and this thread is making me nervous. ]

#35 delrmx01

delrmx01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18248
  • Ebay ID:ku8
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:40 PM

The whole refund transaction was completed about two weeks ago.  I purchased the shaft more than 90-days ago after finding out it was a counterfeit.  Ebay nor Paypal didn't do squat about it.  I have all my paperwork at home, including email's, the paypal transaction, and ebay messages.  All I was really concerned about is getting my money back.  

However prior to the receiving the refund, I went ahead and contacted the local authorities in her county and they directed me to the feds internet crime division, IC3.gov.  I haven't had a chance to finish my complaint given my busy schedule at work.  I should have it completed soon, once I get some free time at the end of this month.

#36 golfasaurus

golfasaurus

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4432
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:40 PM

Buying off ebay is probably as safe as you can get. Auctions are generally covered under a buy protection scheme if you are paying with paypal. For the unlucky golfers who buy from the shops here, they pretty much are stuck.
Stanley Kee
Miura Distributor
Torque Golf
WITB Link

#37 msfix13

msfix13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19790
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

View PostDavid Hillman, on Dec 14 2009, 02:34 PM, said:

And

You know what would be really cool?  If this or some other site had an archive of reference pictures, close-up high-resolution detail shots, of real equipment, that people could use to compare with.  Then, eventually, we might not have counterfeiters with 100% feedback ratings.

[ Recently bought two clubs on eBay that I haven't received yet for 'steal' prices from 100% sellers... and this thread is making me nervous. ]
Very good idea. I'll start a section on my web site for the interim, and if WRX provides the space more information could be gathered from other legit dealers. This link won't be up for a couple of days, but it will be www.highlaunchgolf.com/fakeshafts.htm , will begin taking submissions only from dealers that can be verified through the manufacturer.

#38 msfix13

msfix13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

And

It's up. Already have some interested contributors. www.highlaunchgolf.com/fakeshafts.htm Some of the manufacturers keep lists of counterfeiters, I'll see if any of them are willing to share for public posting.

#39 leet74

leet74

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47009
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item518ef7b55f

see pic above, this is from "proclubsdirect" current listing on ebay,  no butt sticker and the Hologram sticker matches the fakes posted in this topic

we do know though proclubs was selling Authentic ones

Edited by leet74, 15 December 2009 - 05:32 PM.

#40 msfix13

msfix13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

View Postleet74, on Dec 15 2009, 05:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

see pic above, this is from "proclubsdirect" current listing on ebay,  no butt sticker and the Hologram sticker matches the fakes posted in this topic

Absolutely no reason to remove the manufacturing sticker if the shaft is legit. It's not uncommon to see some legit and counterfeit products in the same store, inadvertant or not it's still illegal.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#41 evanseze

evanseze

Me & my better half

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8777
  • Handicap:4.6
  • Ebay ID:evanseze
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:03 PM

Just did an Ebay search for the seller beastar7 and what pops up under "beastar7 items for sale" is the name firstgolf.  Apparently he uses this seller id as well.  Just wanted to post this for those of us that do business on Ebay.  If someone does more research on this and finds that I am doing something wrong in my search for this fraudster (beastar7), please remove this post as I do not want to tarnish the reputation of a legitimate seller
Ping i25 8.5* Veylix Rome 688x
Adams Xtd 15* 3 wood
Callway X2 Hot 19* Veylix Rome 988
Cb3 tour satin 4-aw RIP Tour 115s
Odyssey Backstryke blade SS 2.0
Ping Gorge 54* RTX 588 60*. Pro v1x

#42 Tour50

Tour50

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21417
  • Ebay ID:Tour5011

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:04 PM

Here's a company selling 'genuine and authentic' Kai'li's for $149 with free shipping.
Discount Golf Inc.

Doubts?

Regards,
Dan

#43 msfix13

msfix13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:31 PM

View PostDan Twomey, on Dec 15 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

Here's a company selling 'genuine and authentic' Kai'li's for $149 with free shipping.
Discount Golf Inc.

Doubts?

Regards,
Dan
You know the old saying, if it seems too good to be true....the web site is owned by a chinese national operating out of China. Here is the information minus the scumbag's name:
luohu district,shenzhen city,guangdong,china
shenzhen
guangdong
CN

#44 desaille

desaille

FU GolfWRX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59872

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:09 PM

View Postevanseze, on Dec 15 2009, 05:03 PM, said:

Just did an Ebay search for the seller beastar7 and what pops up under "beastar7 items for sale" is the name firstgolf.  Apparently he uses this seller id as well.  Just wanted to post this for those of us that do business on Ebay.  If someone does more research on this and finds that I am doing something wrong in my search for this fraudster (beastar7), please remove this post as I do not want to tarnish the reputation of a legitimate seller

I'm pretty sure if you check the ebay postings and you will see the same template for both sellers

#45 desaille

desaille

FU GolfWRX

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59872

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:13 PM

proclubsdirect diamana looks to have laser etched imprintings.

Its a pull, usually the grip tape wont take off the manufacturer stickers but it can sometimes.

#46 msfix13

msfix13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:42 AM

View Postdesaille, on Dec 16 2009, 11:13 PM, said:

proclubsdirect diamana looks to have laser etched imprintings.

Its a pull, usually the grip tape wont take off the manufacturer stickers but it can sometimes.
The Ebay ad clearly states: "Shaft is new, just has had the tip prepped for install, has not been cut down still 46" in length"
So again, why remove the manufacturing label for a legitimate, new product? As far as I know, authorized, legitimate dealers not only don't engage in this type of behavior,
shaft only sales are not allowed (they can be installed into R9 or imix tips).

#47 muxi87

muxi87

muxi87

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32234
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

I'm no expert on the Kai'li, but the photo below (from proclubsdirect) does look legit.  You can see the laser etched serial just to the let of the hologram sticker.  Also, the hologram sticker looks like a legit Mitsubishi sticker.  Again, I can't  verify without it in hand or without very detailed close up pics, but it looks legit to me.

View Postleet74, on Dec 15 2009, 05:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

#48 msfix13

msfix13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:40 PM

Intersting that Mizuno's web site specifically identifies globalgolfexchange as an unauthorized entity and warns potential buyers that Mizuno will not honor any warranty requests for clubs purchased from them. Why is this interesting? Global Golf Exchange is the same company as Pro Clubs Direct, Global Golf Exchange was dissolved by the state of Arizon for failure to supply their annual report, Pro Clubs Direct was created immediately thereafter. Both owned by the same individual. Just go to http://www.cc.state.az.us/ and start following the paper trail.

And you're certain that the Mitsubishi shaft is legit from the same?

#49 laseranimal

laseranimal

Ball Striking Machine

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12603
  • Handicap:2.6
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:52 PM

And

and you know that the scammers will simply look at the high res photos and then use them to make better fakes

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if people are using the typeset to spot fakes then the counterfitters need to do a better job getting the typeset correct.  Its pretty clear that the counterfeit guys are getting better and better at what they do.

counterfeit golf equipment isn't going to stop until the forgers can't make obscene amounts of money selling fake merchandise.  So either the price of golf equipment needs to drop precipitously so their margins get squeezed, or companies need to start bringing there factories and production lines back to places where the workers get paid a decent amount of money and are less likely to pass of molds/dies and intellectual property to people who want to make knock offs.(and we'll have to pay those costs in higher retail prices)

Edited by laseranimal, 19 December 2009 - 08:09 PM.

#50 chewed

chewed

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76608

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:30 PM

View Postlaseranimal, on Dec 20 2009, 08:52 AM, said:

and you know that the scammers will simply look at the high res photos and then use them to make better fakes

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if people are using the typeset to spot fakes then the counterfitters need to do a better job getting the typeset correct.  Its pretty clear that the counterfeit guys are getting better and better at what they do.

counterfeit golf equipment isn't going to stop until the forgers can't make obscene amounts of money selling fake merchandise.  So either the price of golf equipment needs to drop precipitously so their margins get squeezed, or companies need to start bringing there factories and production lines back to places where the workers get paid a decent amount of money and are less likely to pass of molds/dies and intellectual property to people who want to make knock offs.(and we'll have to pay those costs in higher retail prices)

laseranimal,

well said.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#51 Scanlun

Scanlun

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43502

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

I need some of your help in determining whether or not I have the real deal here.  I purchased this off one of the individuals mentioned earlier in this thread.  Some of the items discussed at the beginning of this post seem to match up with what I have while others do not.  Your comments/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  I have already sent a message to the seller regarding the speculation surrounding the item(s) he sold/is selling.  Thanks for all of your input.
017.JPG
016.JPG
010.JPG

#52 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:10 PM

Looks fake to me sorry.

#53 SimonC

SimonC

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64241
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:21 AM

I've recently purchased an ozik xcon 6 from 'willpga' on eBay. It was a very good price so I'm getting a bit worried now, has anyone ever bought a shaft from this seller?  He has over 25,000 positive feedback so I thought it would be ok. Thanks in advance.

#54 Qegurezi

Qegurezi

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29176
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:51 AM

willpga is ok from my travels.

#55 SimonC

SimonC

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:22 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, looks like I have a bargain then.

#56 Bubbalongball

Bubbalongball

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56317
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:24 AM

Alot of us are guilty off helping ebay grow stronger with alot of sellers selling fake crap and why do they do it, because there are far to many people that think there getting a deal and just add to the cheapness of ebay. The part that upset me is that members will buy off ebay thinking there super smart and getting an amzing deal then they try selling it on our BST forum and try to make a buck, we need to start paying close attention to listing and make sure there are no devious idiots on here but some will slip thru our hands, I guess what im trying to say is if you care about the golf community quite buying on ebay, there are so many great deals on here that paying a little more is well worth it for piece of mind, stop fueling the fire.

#57 ph00ny

ph00ny

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91188

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

View PostBubbalongball, on Dec 20 2009, 08:24 AM, said:

Alot of us are guilty off helping ebay grow stronger with alot of sellers selling fake crap and why do they do it, because there are far to many people that think there getting a deal and just add to the cheapness of ebay. The part that upset me is that members will buy off ebay thinking there super smart and getting an amzing deal then they try selling it on our BST forum and try to make a buck, we need to start paying close attention to listing and make sure there are no devious idiots on here but some will slip thru our hands, I guess what im trying to say is if you care about the golf community quite buying on ebay, there are so many great deals on here that paying a little more is well worth it for piece of mind, stop fueling the fire.

i have to disagree with your statement that the buyers are the ones that should be controlling these fakes rather ebay should step in start monitoring these more carefully. After all they're the ones providing us with the platform and they're the ones that should provide the buyers with the safety net

#58 Bubbalongball

Bubbalongball

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56317
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:43 PM

Absolutely, i agree with you, but ebay is just a house to sell stuff on and dont know squat about what is legit and not, thats why i said buyers because if you buy a Kai'li brand new for less than say $150 then obviously its fake because no warehouse golf store would be able to buy a big enough bulk to sell  them at that price, but people buy them and fuel the fire. Alot of us do a great job of reporting counterfieters which is great, but still so much stuff is hard to tell till you have it in front of you.

#59 SimonC

SimonC

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2009 - 02:54 PM

Can someone please take a look at the two pics in this link for me http://www.auctiva.c...m...,0&format=0
this is what I've just bought on eBay but I'm waiting fr the e-cheque to clear. Does it look geniune?

#60 chipaputt

chipaputt

Rookie

• Charter Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24966
  • Ebay ID:chipaputt

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

Another Fake eBay seller is "firstgolf". This guy was mentioned earlier in this thread and he is dealing in fake shafts.
See my thread at http://www.golfwrx.c...howtopic=326673

Edited by chipaputt, 20 December 2009 - 03:23 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors