Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf balls stored in garage during winter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sagellih

Sagellih

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60459
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Okay, last couple of years, I store my equipment in the garage when the season ends. Then I got thinking....does the cold temperatures affect ball performance the following year? I've seen a few threads where everyone says that they store their equipment inside. Once the golf balls thaw out the following spring, do they still perform the same, or is it time to buy new ones?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 502 to Right

502 to Right

Badds

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23773
  • Handicap:50.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1123

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

I think with solid core balls it would not be a problem.  That said, I would store them inside just to be certain.

What kind of balls are they?

#3 freedom35

freedom35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64701
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:01 AM

View PostSagellih, on Oct 16 2009, 08:44 PM, said:

Okay, last couple of years, I store my equipment in the garage when the season ends. Then I got thinking....does the cold temperatures affect ball performance the following year? I've seen a few threads where everyone says that they store their equipment inside. Once the golf balls thaw out the following spring, do they still perform the same, or is it time to buy new ones?

I store my golf equipment inside because I'm afraid it will get mad at me if I leave it in the garage.  I won't even leave it in my car overnight when I'm on the road.  I treat my equipment well and it treats me well.

Wayne

#4 peez007

peez007

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88038

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

a ball would conform to the rules of exothermic heat (pertaining to the outside) - once the temperature increases - the ball will be back to normal.

If the ball was effected by endothermic heat (pertaining to the inside), you would be wise to store them inside.  This is not the case - outside is fine.  Just warm them up before you hit them - for optimal performance.

Hows that for an over-the-top answer?

#5 Sagellih

Sagellih

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60459

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

View Post502 to Right, on Oct 17 2009, 12:05 AM, said:

I think with solid core balls it would not be a problem.  That said, I would store them inside just to be certain.

What kind of balls are they?

I have been using low compression balls since I don't have a high swing speed. So I guess they are 2-piece.

#6 cristphoto

cristphoto

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

I would guess they would be OK assuming your garage didn't reach freezing temperatures. I know when I fly and play the same day when I get the balls out of the bag they are pretty cold, but after an hour or so they play just fine. I don't know how cold the storage area of commercial jets get though. Of course that's just a couple hours in a plane versus spending the entire winter in a garage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors