Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Snake Eyes MB 1 Irons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stoppre16

stoppre16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32611
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

Just came across a new set of these at a local shop for only $200 for a 3-pw set.  I'd never heard of them before but I was really struck by the look of these.  I found some reviews online but they are from years ago and I see that Snake Eyes pretty much went out of business a while back.  All in all, I couldn't find a whole lot of info on these after a quick Google search.

I was wondering if there is anyone who still plays these that can give me their impressions and tell me whether or not these would be worth picking up.  I've played Mizunos for years (14's, 30's, 33's) but the look of these and the price tag has really intrigued me.  Any input is greatly appreciated.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 xxio

xxio

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 541
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

I played them for a year and a half. Great feeling irons (some sort of alloy) but a tad more offset than what most blade players would normally like. An Ernie Vadersen (?) design. The guys was pretty respected in golf design due to his work with the original Snake Eyes wedges.

I wasn't so much of a club guy then so I can't remember much about the sole grind etc.

I did hit them well. The stock shafts were the older DGS300 sensicores that kept breaking due to rust.

Edited by xxio, 13 October 2009 - 07:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors