Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

THE HAMMER Pay it forward experiment

323 replies to this topic

#1 jlam1127

jlam1127

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42571
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:49 AM

I've been reading topics about THE HAMMER here on WRX and how people would love to get their hands on one, but don't feel like dropping the cash for ZOLEX.  So I've decided to purchase one, play one round with it and ship it off to the next WRXer and let him or her have a go at it for a round, and then ship it off to the next WRXer around the country.  I ask that you take a picture of the course you're at and let us all know if ZOLEX really is that awesome, and how your round went.  I'm going by the honor system, so I trust that everyone here will abide by the rules and ship it out to the next person after the round is played.  Where the Hammer is going to end up, I don't know, but it will be fun to see how it makes it way around the country.  The only question is, how do I determine who to get it next and how to keep tabs on it???

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 QWKDTSN

QWKDTSN

Dreaming of Bandon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57534
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:05 AM

That's a great idea!  I'd be in.

The best way to do it is get a list of people interested and then ship it in order of closeness (so it doesn't keep making trips back and forth the country).

PPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOWWW!

Edited by QWKDTSN, 21 September 2009 - 10:05 AM.

#3 Janky

Janky

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80533
  • Ebay ID:Mikestef77
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

Do I have to take it to a course?  Can I just sit at the range all day smashing drives and yelling "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!" until there is a huge gallery watching?   That would be much more enjoyable.

Although I would miss hitting it over three lakes and two mountains and landing on the green in one on a par five.

#4 fishlips723

fishlips723

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73385

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

I am willing to go along and I live in Londonderry NH

#5 CRHgolfer

CRHgolfer

Advanced

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121183
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:24 AM

This could be a lot of fun!  I'm in!  Elmhurst, IL

#6 slim16er

slim16er

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49202
  • Ebay ID:slim16er
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:32 AM

In as well - Pingree Grove, IL

#7 jlam1127

jlam1127

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:27 AM

OK cool. ..this is going to be a lot of fun.... Nice try...Range Time doesn't count.....and yes... yelling POW at least twice during a round is mandatory.  I should get the club this week or next, so I'll take it out for spin and then ship it out.  Since I'm in Boston, NH is the next closest WRXer....  Stay tuned... Wait, should I also include the 3 wood to put in play as well?

#8 MongooseDog

MongooseDog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85833

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

I'm in. Franklin, NC w/guarentee to have the loudest POOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

#9 pcathcart

pcathcart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86543

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

I have read about the Hammer on this board, but never saw the infomercial until the other day...I would love to give it a shot...

Kudos to jlam for starting this, it should be fun to see where it goes...

I can't wait to see the look on my playing partner's faces when I pull out the HAMMER! POOOOOOWWWW!!!!!

PS - I am in Greensboro, NC...

Edited by pcathcart, 21 September 2009 - 11:51 AM.

#10 Walkin36

Walkin36

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122104
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:51 AM

Count me in for sure! Louisville, KY here. defiantly include the 3 wood, there are a couple 450 yd. par 4's at my course that I think Driver will be too much club!

I cant wait to see all of the pics from this! If this works out the way it is supposed to, this might end up being the most entertaining thread ever!

Edited by carogers1, 21 September 2009 - 12:14 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Golf Punx

Golf Punx

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83855

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:09 PM

Sounds like fun. I'm in Sacramento, CA

#12 jlam1127

jlam1127

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

If everyone that wants to participate can PM me with which state you're in, I can then get the list going as this might take a bit of work to facilitate and track. Please spread the word to the other WRXer's as the more people that participates, it can hopefully become a big thing and maybe we can start doing this with other gimmick clubs as well.  Well, I don't think driving the 650 yard par 5 on the fly would be considered a gimmick.....

#13 fishlips723

fishlips723

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

View Postjlam1127, on Sep 21 2009, 01:13 PM, said:

If everyone that wants to participate can PM me with which state you're in, I can then get the list going as this might take a bit of work to facilitate and track. Please spread the word to the other WRXer's as the more people that participates, it can hopefully become a big thing and maybe we can start doing this with other gimmick clubs as well. Well, I don't think driving the 650 yard par 5 on the fly would be considered a gimmick.....
One question,
What happenes if it breaks??
I assure you that I am an honest guy and use it as it was meant to be used and will ship it out to the  next person asap, but what happenes if it breaks???
I ahve not heard  very good things about the quality.

#14 jlam1127

jlam1127

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

What are you talking about?  You haven't heard the ZOLEX is the strongest metal out there?  And the Samurai Shaft cuts through the wind?  It will never break.  BUT in the event that it does break, then it needs to be sent back to me and I'll get it reshafted, assuming it's the shaft that breaks.  

Also, every PM that I got so far has the subject line POOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!  You guys are awesome.

#15 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
GolfWRX Likes : 963

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

This should be quite the entertaining thread!

Lucky for me, I already have hit the Hammer. About 9 years ago, we got hooked up with these guys at a member/guest and the one fellow pulled out his shiny new Zolex Hammer. (This was back when Zolex was new). I recognized it's revolutionary upside down technology and massive hitting zone from well over 15 feet away.

I couldn't resist teeing one up and smacking it deep into the forest on the right. Well, maybe not that deep, but it certainly went right. Convinced it was my faulty swing that sent the ball astray and not the smart shaft, I reloaded and tried again and again

After about 6 hits with the Hammer the results were in....
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide...  «
The Hammer Sucks!

I'll bow out of this particular science project but I cannot wait to read some of the upcoming unbiased reviews!

Posted Image

#16 jlam1127

jlam1127

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

Maybe your swing speed isn't fast enough for the ZOLEX.... minimum swing speed is 187 MPH

#17 is76550

is76550

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67313
  • Ebay ID:isaac76550
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:34 PM

count me in haha I would love to get my hands on that baby!
Tour issue Supertri 9.5* w/PX Black
Black R11 Ti 15* w/ PX Black
Rescue TP 19* w/ PX Black
AP2 712 4-GW w/ Project X 6.0
Vokey Spin Milled 56,60 w/ Project X 6.0
Custom Machine Damascus Center Shaft
WITB Link

#18 fishlips723

fishlips723

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

View PostHateto3Putt, on Sep 21 2009, 01:49 PM, said:

This should be quite the entertaining thread!

Lucky for me, I already have hit the Hammer. About 9 years ago, we got hooked up with these guys at a member/guest and the one fellow pulled out his shiny new Zolex Hammer. (This was back when Zolex was new). I recognized it's revolutionary upside down technology and massive hitting zone from well over 15 feet away.

I couldn't resist teeing one up and smacking it deep into the forest on the right. Well, maybe not that deep, but it certainly went right. Convinced it was my faulty swing that sent the ball astray and not the smart shaft, I reloaded and tried again and again

After about 6 hits with the Hammer the results were in....
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide...  «
The Hammer Sucks!

I'll bow out of this particular science project but I cannot wait to read some of the upcoming unbiased reviews!

Posted Image
You could had dq'd him, that club is non-conforming

#19 Zlim

Zlim

Go Buffs!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54699
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

The system could be...

Put in the names of all the people who PM you with the message title of POOOOOOWWW! of whatever. be sure that the PM include name and address

then edit your original post (make sure you copy and paste it to a word file for backup) and add the names in order (like the club ho challenge)

then just cross it off as it gets shipped (you have their pm's so you can reply and follow up)

easier said then done of course but just a suggestion.

#20 CircaV12

CircaV12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86045

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

This is the greatest idea ever, did you get the original hammer or the air hammer x...forget about CCs

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 TMfan54

TMfan54

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59407
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

im in. from NJ. i really want to see if this thing can actually bomb it.
SLDR 9.5* Matrix 6Q3
Adams Pro Mini 16*
TM 4,5 MC TP
TM 6-PW MB TP
Vokey 52, 56, 60
SC Studio Select

#22 coldsoul

coldsoul

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82064

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:16 PM

I definitely believe this club needs to make the trip to Canada after it goes around the States. I am in Winnipeg, Canada. POWWWWWW!

#23 tmorales

tmorales

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68243

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:25 PM

I'm in Puerto Rico, can I enter?  I will play Trump International venue of the Puerto Rico Open, swear I will play from the back tees they put for this year event to be fair.

#24 sactown_golfer

sactown_golfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54282
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:37 PM

View Postmxer581, on Sep 21 2009, 10:09 AM, said:

Sounds like fun. I'm in Sacramento, CA

I'm also in Sacramento.  However I will pass on the honor of using the ZOLEX and just follow you while yelling "POOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!"

#25 fore_life

fore_life

REPS AND TRAJ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

hahah best idea ever!

It'd be awesome to send it to a group thats having a wrx outing and have one hole be deemed "the hammer hole".

The first group carries the club to said hole, then everyone in that group has to tee off with the hammer, then they leave it on the tee box for the next group behind them, and everyone in the outing plays the hammer on that hole, with the last group bringing it in. That way you'd have roughly 20 guys screaming POWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW all in one day.

Cobra biocell PRO px 6.5
txxx burner 2.0 13.5 UST Attas 80x
txxx burner 2.0 18.5 ahina 80x
callaway  quad dot V protos 4-P ctaper X
raw txxx xft 51, xft 55/60
odyssey ti-hot 1
WITB Link

#26 Golf Punx

Golf Punx

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83855

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

I'm also in Sacramento. However I will pass on the honor of using the ZOLEX and just follow you while yelling "POOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!"

I'll likely be laughing so hard I wont be able to swing. We'll alternate Par 5's. ;)

#27 jlam1127

jlam1127

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

Forelife, that has got to be the best idea yet.... I just don't want people to get kicked off the course....for hitting the ball too far.  Zlim, I'll take your idea and put it in play, that way we can all police the WRXer instead of just me.  It's just the regular Hammer...I don't think ANY of us are ready for the Triple Lindy Superfragilistic Hammer yet.... none of us can harness that power.  

On a side note, I only got 8 PM's with location of the State, and am hoping for at least 30 people to join....  any ideas to get more people involved, fellas?

#28 peez007

peez007

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88038

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

View Postfishlips723, on Sep 21 2009, 01:34 PM, said:

View Postjlam1127, on Sep 21 2009, 01:13 PM, said:

If everyone that wants to participate can PM me with which state you're in, I can then get the list going as this might take a bit of work to facilitate and track. Please spread the word to the other WRXer's as the more people that participates, it can hopefully become a big thing and maybe we can start doing this with other gimmick clubs as well. Well, I don't think driving the 650 yard par 5 on the fly would be considered a gimmick.....
One question,
What happenes if it breaks??
I assure you that I am an honest guy and use it as it was meant to be used and will ship it out to the  next person asap, but what happenes if it breaks???
I ahve not heard  very good things about the quality.

Come on bro, everyone is having fun with this idea and you come with "what if it breaks" -  maybe this is not the right kind of thing for you.

I am in from NJ.

#29 delrmx01

delrmx01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18248
  • Ebay ID:ku8

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

Question, how do you determine who will be next on the list?  To keep shipping costs down, I think you might have mentioned that it'll be from the closest state thereafter it is shipped to the closest state from where it was last played, correct?

#30 plumb doctor

plumb doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69839

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:36 PM

I am in, and I will take to the course that he hits it over the 2 red rocks! So I have to have range time exploding balls over the rocks and into the  stratosphere!! POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!

Here is where it gets funny! The range at that course is so short they do not allow people to hit driver! papoooooooow!!!

I'm in Colorado

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors