Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anyone use non-taper or unified golf grips??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stevenq2105

stevenq2105

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45975
  • Ebay ID:stevenq2105
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:16 PM

I am looking at trying the grip one non-taper std size wrap grip that golfworks sells for only $1.65 on their website in hopes that it will take away some lower hand action to prevent some hooking? I know these grips are made for arthritis or for natural golf, but after reading so many threads on here about pro's having their right hand built up (and me doing the same for myself) I was just wondering if anyone took the tape guess work out of it and went for the non-taper grips? And if so how well they worked to prevent the hooking/heavy draws...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 IMAway

IMAway

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63915
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:08 AM

I use nothing but Tacki-Mac Unified Grips.  They have no taper - and are bigger than a standard grip.  Not sure if it helps the hooksies or not... but I do know I can't stand the "feel" of a standard grip.  It feels wayyyy too thin, like I am grabbing a pencil in my right hand.  This grip is very durable too.  You can get them on ebay... you could always try one on one club to see if you like it.
Adams F11 9.5 w/ Matrix Ozik
Adams A12 17 degree
Adams a12 19 degree
Cleveland 588 TT 4-DW
Cleveland 588 DSG 54 & 58
Radius Roll Money Putter

#3 TM golf guy

TM golf guy

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,761 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2827
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

I use Funky golf grips which don't taper as much as most regular grips. If use a normal grip, I just build the right hand up a bit.

#4 deeviant

deeviant

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1998
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:43 AM

View Poststevenq2105, on Sep 20 2009, 10:16 PM, said:

I am looking at trying the grip one non-taper std size wrap grip that golfworks sells for only $1.65 on their website in hopes that it will take away some lower hand action to prevent some hooking? I know these grips are made for arthritis or for natural golf, but after reading so many threads on here about pro's having their right hand built up (and me doing the same for myself) I was just wondering if anyone took the tape guess work out of it and went for the non-taper grips? And if so how well they worked to prevent the hooking/heavy draws...

Hmm, I usually use midsize grips, and build up the bottom half a little. I'm about due for a regrip. Do you think these would accomplish the same thing? It would probably be a little less work for me, and hopefully easier to get on.

#5 stevenq2105

stevenq2105

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45975
  • Ebay ID:stevenq2105
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:44 PM

I am ordering the grips today and they should be in this week and i will let you know

View Postdeeviant, on Sep 21 2009, 09:43 AM, said:

View Poststevenq2105, on Sep 20 2009, 10:16 PM, said:

Hmm, I usually use midsize grips, and build up the bottom half a little. I'm about due for a regrip. Do you think these would accomplish the same thing? It would probably be a little less work for me, and hopefully easier to get on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors