Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

new Ogio lineup....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bucky316

bucky316

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3514
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:18 AM

Ogio golfbags

Has anyone checked this out?

IMHO a bold strategy by Ogio....looks like they discontinued popular (and award winning) models like the Atlas, Exodus & Edge....  it appears that they replaced the Edge with a new hybrid bag called Ninja....

...the Grom & Ozone are still in the lineup, but how about those crazy colors (not for my taste)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Keen

Keen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2668
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:41 AM

Lokked them over yesterday and I think I'll buy the Ninja actually. Not in one of the more extravagant colors though :P

#3 againstkyle

againstkyle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87200
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:48 AM

I've always dugg Ogio's stuff and the new line is no exception. The Onslaught and Prizmata stuff isn't my style but I do love some of the Stealth offerings. What I'm really eyeing is last year's Ozone in hunter green. Still waiting for a sale/ebay on that one, haha.

#4 GTA SOL

GTA SOL

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54018
  • Handicap:10.1
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:55 AM

I have an older Ogio Grom bag but that the F is up with their colour this year.  Maybe I'm just to conservative / square, but these look terrible - since when did 'plaid' make such a come back.
Titleist 913D2 9.5 (Diamana S+ stiff)
Titleist 913 FD 15 (Diamana S+ stiff)
Callaway Razr X 3 Hybrid (stiff)
Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW (NSPro1150 S)
Cleveland 588 RTX - 50, 55, 60 (DG S400)
Odyssey Metal X No. 7 CS

#5 mbarnocki

mbarnocki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87304
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

Lots of ugly patterns and not nearly enough alternate view pictures to really get a look at their bags.  Kind of disappointing.

#6 w7n23j

w7n23j

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9230

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:12 AM

They also got rid of what they were hoping to become their flagship model, the Nexos.

#7 Tour_Balata

Tour_Balata

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63314

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:00 PM

I own an Edge and love it, but I've worn out the carry strap.  Walk most my rounds.

Looking at the Ninja, I'm surprised it doesn't have the Woode top.  Any details on the "Silencer" top?

#8 jls6

jls6

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56209
  • Ebay ID:salty060

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

I'm stoked for the Ninja with the "Silencer" top.  I currently have a Sun Mountain MPB and love the individual club sections but the bag does not fit well on a cart.  I have had the Woode top in a previous Ogio bag but I prefer the indivdual dividers.  I have been waiting for Ogio to come out with a 14-15 section top as the rest of Ogio's design is great.

Some of the colors are totally ridiculous like the Onslaught but I like the black plaid and that is what I will be getting with the Ninja when it comes out.

#9 Brad G.

Brad G.

Hacker Extraordinaire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86087
  • Ebay ID:bradg97

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:55 PM

Big OGIO fan.  The new bags look awesome tons of features with lots of traditional choices along with their trademark out-of-the-box looks.  Can't wait to see them in person.

And hopefully this means a lot of current bags get REALLY cheap.

#10 bucky316

bucky316

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:38 PM

I recently bought an Ogio Edge for $129.88 from TGW.COM ....great bag & I'm satisfied with the price....

The new lineup doesn't excite me....maybe the Ninja but the color selection sucks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 QWKDTSN

QWKDTSN

Dreaming of Bandon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57534
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

The 2009 lineup is on page 2.  Probably available until supplies last.

Looks like they're not making Sunday bags anymore either.

OTOH WOW.... just saw the Wire bag.  That looks awesome.  I wonder if it will compare to the Sun Mountain Zero-G in weight.  The Hoth colorway is sick!

Posted Image

Edited by QWKDTSN, 16 September 2009 - 01:45 PM.

#12 sct

sct

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68979

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

I'm not sure if The Ogio Ninja Stand Hybrid has 14 individual full lenght dividers or just a 14 divider top.  Without the full lenght dividers the clubs will still get tangled at the bottom.  I have a Ogio Grom bag, 2009 model, really like the bag but the individual club dividers would help some.  Ths will most likely increase bag weight though over the standard Grom.

#13 generalpatton

generalpatton

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16215
  • Ebay ID:klassicgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

I recently bought an Ogio Edge for $129.88 from TGW.COM ....great bag & I'm satisfied with the price....

The new lineup doesn't excite me....maybe the Ninja but the color selection sucks

I got the same bag on the same deal about a month ago.  I'm very happy with mine granted I use it primarily on my push cart.  It's way to heavy for me to carry for a round, it's fine for the range, etc.  I knew that going in though so I'm not going to complain about how heavy the bag is.  I prefer a stand bag even though I gave up carrying a couple years ago when I got my Sun Mountain V1.  The Ogio stand bags fit perfectly on a riding or push cart, much better than the Sun Mountain carry bags do.

#14 bucky316

bucky316

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

I salute your response General Patton....

I only carry my Ogio Edge for quick nine's & for practice on the range, which I do often....as you said, it works great on both motorized & push carts ....the new arc-lite leg system is a huge improvement over previous year's models....and the legs secure easily & effectively for cart use

I'm a big fan of the Woode club management system

If I routinely carried a bag for 18, I'd choose the Ogio Grom (or Ozone) since it's much lighter

#15 generalpatton

generalpatton

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16215
  • Ebay ID:klassicgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:37 AM

The ironic thing is the Ogio carry bags actually work BETTER on a Sun Mountain push cart than the bag Sun Mountain DESIGNED for their push carts (the SCB Bag) does.  I had an SCB bag earlier in the year and the &%#$#! thing wouldn't stop turning and twisting while it was on the cart.  The Ogio carry bags, because of the "feet" that are molded around the outside edge of the base actually lock the bag in place and it will not move.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors