Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

shaft for my 09 burner driver

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dashakes

dashakes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85811
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:21 PM

i know that nothing can take the place of a few good lessons, but just out of curiosity, what shaft should I look at to help me stop the ballooning of my 09 burner driver?  my drives tend to be straight for the first 5-8 holes but after getting warmed up and comfortable, the ballooning and slices start.  My swing speed is anywhere from 105-110 and I currently have the stock stiff shaft in there..  should I look at a shorter shaft for more consistency, if so what length?  which shaft out there would work well this driver?
love this forum, really turned me into a golf addict!
thanks for the help in advance :)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 jah7838

jah7838

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76786
  • Ebay ID:jah7838
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:11 AM

I had a Proforce V2 putt into my 07 Burner and I really liked the way that felt. It weighed 76g. It helped to lessen the slice that I had. I still have that driver, but I'm currently using a Nike 5900 with a Aldila VS Proto shaft in it. I like the VS Proto better, but the V2 is a really good shaft as well, especially if you find it cheap off of ebay, like I did.

*I also had both drivers cut down to 45 inches, which allowed me to be more consistant.

Edited by jah7838, 15 September 2009 - 10:12 AM.

#3 LennyTheLip

LennyTheLip

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72764
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

Best thing to do is go and get a fitting for a shaft.  Find out your true swing speed, ball speed, rotation etc.  I having been playing a Callaway Titanium 454 for 4 seasons with the stock firm shaft.  Some shots were nice and straight, majority sprayed to the right.  I just bought a new R9 today and spent over an hour on a launch monitor.  Found out I have an verage swing speed of 122 MPH.  They set me up with an extra-stiff Fujikura and the results couldn't have me any happier.  Bll flight is deadly straight.  Good launch angle a 12-13 degrees.  Ball speed 140-150.  Spend the $$$ and get fit on a monitor.  A lot of places even waive the cost if you make a purchase.  I will be going back to reshaft my 3 wood next week.

#4 is76550

is76550

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67313
  • Ebay ID:isaac76550
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

I love the project x shaft in mine it really straightened me out and I now have much more roll at the end of my drives
Tour issue Supertri 9.5* w/PX Black
Black R11 Ti 15* w/ PX Black
Rescue TP 19* w/ PX Black
AP2 712 4-GW w/ Project X 6.0
Vokey Spin Milled 56,60 w/ Project X 6.0
Custom Machine Damascus Center Shaft
WITB Link

#5 Cberry

Cberry

cbgolf11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74224
  • Ebay ID:cbgolf11
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

Good combo with the burner is a Matrix Ozik, if ur swing speed is what you say, I would say probaly a code 6 or 7, of xcon 6 or 7. that would stop the balooning in the air and give you a more penetrating flight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors