Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

good caddy programs in FL, GA, and SC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yuppa12

yuppa12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93631
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:33 PM

Im looking to caddy somewhere in the south for the winter. I caddy in the north at a club that has top notch caddys. What courses have really good caddy programs where I can get a lot of loops and make a decent amount of money?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Long Shot

Long Shot

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1752
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

I work on Long Islands east end as a caddy.  I don't go south to caddy in the winter (I am the only one in our yard who doesn't).  But here are a few courses down south that our best caddies come from, Bear's Club, Colusa Pines, Seminole, Lost Tree, Old Memorial.  There is also a real high end place in Miami, but I don't recall the name of it. I would look at those places.  If you have tour aspirations the Bears Club is a good place to me some people with real connections.

#3 Long Shot

Long Shot

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1752
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

Also, if you work at a top notch club chances are a bunch of the caddies you work with work in the south and it would make sense to use them as connections to get in.

#4 tpariff

tpariff

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1859
  • Ebay ID:tpariff
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

Old Memorial in Tampa has a great caddy program.  Let me know if you're interested and I can get the caddy master's name and contact info from a friend who caddies there.

Kevin

#5 scs1070

scs1070

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23195
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

Old Memorial is good.  I caddied there about 7 years ago. I wonder if Marty is still the caddy master.

#6 tpariff

tpariff

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1859
  • Ebay ID:tpariff
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

View Postscs1070, on Sep 3 2009, 04:00 PM, said:

Old Memorial is good.  I caddied there about 7 years ago. I wonder if Marty is still the caddy master.

Not sure.  A friend of mine plays mini tours and has caddied there on/off the last few years.

#7 wineandgolf

wineandgolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60876
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:22 PM

I've never caddied but here are some courses I play in south FL that have caddies who seemed pretty happy.

Adios (Ft Lauderdale area), Macarthur (Jupiter), I think the course in Miami the guy was talking about might be Indian Creek.

Take a look at the Top 100 in Florida rankings, and call some of them up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors