Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

WITB Phil Mickelson


393 replies to this topic

#361 AWE46M3

AWE46M3

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99680
  • Joined: 12/04/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

^^^ I don't think they said it was a 5 wood, but just a fairway wood.  From what little I was able to see, it looks like an oversized fairway wood - maybe something comparable to a 2 or something?  Really low lofted, larger wood or something?  Whatever that club is he's hitting it past Westwood's driver on occasion!

Edited by AWE46M3, 01 November 2012 - 01:03 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#362 MarkFromTheUK

MarkFromTheUK

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140175
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:London UK
  • Handicap:Knee
GolfWRX Likes : 1478

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Is that a hybrid or an Alien sand wedge?
Ping G LS Tec 9 - Tour 65 (OMG a stock shaft!!!)
Ping G Stretch 3 - Tour 80 (OMG another stock shaft!!!)
Ping G 3 Crossover - Tour 90 (yep, you've guessed it!!!!)
TM RSI TP 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 130
TM EF TP 52, 56, 60 - KBS C-Taper 130
Callaway PM Grind 64 Lobber - KBS C-Taper 130
Odyssey Works Big T Blade 34"

2

#363 iBanesto

iBanesto

    Niclas Fasth

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18328
  • Joined: 08/24/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 463

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Posted Image

3

#364 JJensen

JJensen

    MNWRX - FBefnD

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169649
  • Joined: 03/16/2012
  • Location:Iron Range, MN
GolfWRX Likes : 316

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

New putter?
913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
Z U45 18* - DG X100
J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
WITB Link

4

#365 yumbrownies

yumbrownies

    Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123129
  • Joined: 02/27/2011
  • Location:Pittsburgh
  • Ebay ID:djy2712
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostJJensen, on 03 November 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

New putter?

Looks like the #9 high toe he's been playing for a while now.


5

#366 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1984

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

View Postyumbrownies, on 03 November 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

View PostJJensen, on 03 November 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

New putter?

Looks like the #9 high toe he's been playing for a while now.

Yup, JDM version.

6

#367 boss playa

boss playa

    Boss of the moss

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31702
  • Joined: 06/14/2007
  • Location:Sydney
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostiBanesto, on 03 November 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

Posted Image

That Is definitely a RBZ in black!! With Some tape to cover the slot.  Phil is playing a taylormade fairway wood

7

#368 Birdie Blocker

Birdie Blocker

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132988
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

If you read the other threads Callaway confirmed that it is a RBZ.  It is degrees bent to 11.5 with a lot of lead tape on the bottom to lower the CG.  Phil liked it painted black instead of white.  He was looking for a club between his driver and three wood and because callaways new wood prototypes were not ready for him they built whatever was best for him. Class act Callaway.

8

#369 JaxBeachNole

JaxBeachNole

    Juicy

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30170
  • Joined: 05/29/2007
  • Location:Jax Beach, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 541

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

He is bombing that RBZ.

Has it been posted what shaft he is playing in the RBZ? If I try to read that other thread again my head will explode.
915 D3 9.5 125 Rogue 70
SLDR 15 TS 8.3
X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80
0317 19 HZRDUS 85
S55 4-PW Modus 130
Engage 52 56 S S400
Newport 1.5
WITB Link

9

#370 Birdie Blocker

Birdie Blocker

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132988
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostJaxBeachNole, on 03 November 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

He is bombing that RBZ.

Has it been posted what shaft he is playing in the RBZ? If I try to read that other thread again my head will explode.

I feel the same way!!  I don"t think it has been posted yet.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#371 Lefty1987

Lefty1987

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134644
  • Joined: 07/30/2011
  • Location:Exeter, UK
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Harry said phil didn't want people to know but said it is 70g and tip stiff.

11

#372 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,582 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1984

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostLefty1987, on 04 November 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Harry said phil didn't want people to know but said it is 70g and tip stiff.

Lmao!!!

12

#373 timbo08

timbo08

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
  • Joined: 03/21/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 208

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Anyone know Phil's WITB top to bottom from his 04 Master's win?  I know the 731PMs and I am guessing a Yonex or Cameron blade but other then that I have no idea and have searched a lot.  Thanks!

13

#374 linkerpan

linkerpan

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134575
  • Joined: 07/29/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Is he in the Humana Challenge using his usual Callaway 3 wood?
JDM SLDR @ 10, GD AD DI 6S, Jetspeed@ 9.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
SLDR T 14, GD AD DI 6S
SLDR 19, Ahina 70S
SLDR 21 with AD Di 85s
Nike Vapor Pro; Mizuno MP5; Fourteen 710- Steelfiber 95
Kingston GSS KP1; Kingston KP1
Vokey SM5 50, 55, 60; Mizuno MP-T5
WITB Link

14

#375 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,669 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91668
  • Joined: 08/13/2009
  • Location:VA
GolfWRX Likes : 5662

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

PM said his putting was "Atrocious" but liked the Versa concept.

http://www.pgatour.c...lky-putter.html


Mike Johnson from GW also just reported that the WBW Versa #9 he used had 2 degs of loft. I guess with the claw grip his hands are further back than usual.


Mike Johnson@EMichaelGW

Mickelson using a #9 Odyssey Versa (white/black/white) at the Humana. Putter has 2 degrees loft. Lefty has used up to 7 degrees at times.

WITB Link

Cobra Fly Z 9*, Fujikura Speeder TS 6.2
TM Aeroburner TP 15*, Fujikura Rombax P95
Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump
Maxfli Revolution Black, DG
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*, DG
Ping 1966 TR Anser 2

15

#376 F_N

F_N

    Member

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48533
  • Joined: 02/10/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

View Posttimbo08, on 09 January 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

Anyone know Phil's WITB top to bottom from his 04 Master's win?  I know the 731PMs and I am guessing a Yonex or Cameron blade but other then that I have no idea and have searched a lot.  Thanks!

Just guessing but

983 K (or the protoype 983X) with his old custom PM shaft
980 F 3 and 5 wood
3-PW 731 PM with satin Project X
Custom Vokeys
Scotty Cameron Napa blade

Cameron was going to release a special edition napa blade in commemoration of lefty's win, but only made like 10 (?) in left hand before Phil moved to Callaway.

Edited by F_N, 18 January 2013 - 02:47 PM.


16

#377 Lefty1987

Lefty1987

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134644
  • Joined: 07/30/2011
  • Location:Exeter, UK
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostF_N, on 18 January 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

View Posttimbo08, on 09 January 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

Anyone know Phil's WITB top to bottom from his 04 Master's win?  I know the 731PMs and I am guessing a Yonex or Cameron blade but other then that I have no idea and have searched a lot.  Thanks!

Just guessing but

983 K (or the protoype 983X) with his old custom PM shaft
980 F 3 and 5 wood
3-PW 731 PM with satin Project X
Custom Vokeys
Scotty Cameron Napa blade

Cameron was going to release a special edition napa blade in commemoration of lefty's win, but only made like 10 (?) in left hand before Phil moved to Callaway.

According to golf channel, the 04 bag setup was:

DRIVER
Titleist 983K 9.5 w/ a Graphite Design International PM-702 shaft
FAIRWAY WOOD
Titleist Pro Trajectory 980F 17
WEDGE
Titleist 731 PM
PUTTER
Scotty Cameron by Titleist Prototype
FAIRWAY WOOD
TaylorMade V Steel 15 w/ a Graphite Design International PM-902 shaft
IRON
Titleist 731 PM w/ Royal Precision Rifle Flighted steel shafts
WEDGE
Titleist Vokey Design 52, 60
BALL
Titleist Pro V1


17

#378 timbo08

timbo08

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
  • Joined: 03/21/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 208

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostLefty1987, on 18 January 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

View PostF_N, on 18 January 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

View Posttimbo08, on 09 January 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

Anyone know Phil's WITB top to bottom from his 04 Master's win?  I know the 731PMs and I am guessing a Yonex or Cameron blade but other then that I have no idea and have searched a lot.  Thanks!

Just guessing but

983 K (or the protoype 983X) with his old custom PM shaft
980 F 3 and 5 wood
3-PW 731 PM with satin Project X
Custom Vokeys
Scotty Cameron Napa blade

Cameron was going to release a special edition napa blade in commemoration of lefty's win, but only made like 10 (?) in left hand before Phil moved to Callaway.

According to golf channel, the 04 bag setup was:

DRIVER
Titleist 983K 9.5° w/ a Graphite Design International PM-702 shaft
FAIRWAY WOOD
Titleist Pro Trajectory 980F 17°
WEDGE
Titleist 731 PM
PUTTER
Scotty Cameron by Titleist Prototype
FAIRWAY WOOD
TaylorMade V Steel 15° w/ a Graphite Design International PM-902 shaft
IRON
Titleist 731 PM w/ Royal Precision Rifle Flighted steel shafts
WEDGE
Titleist Vokey Design 52°, 60°
BALL
Titleist Pro V1

Thanks!  Basically what I was FINALLY able to find here.  Makes sense with the V-Steel as to why there are only 13 sticks listed in the article.  http://www.titleist.com/news-archive/story/1278/THE%20THRILL%20OF%20VICTORY%20%20THE%20DREAM%20OF%20A%20LIFETIME.aspx

18

#379 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

    Member of the 1 Iron Club

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
  • Joined: 03/03/2006
  • Location:The Course
GolfWRX Likes : 393

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

View Postlinkerpan, on 18 January 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

Is he in the Humana Challenge using his usual Callaway 3 wood?


Good question!

Where is the WITB for Phil?
TM M1 430 9.5* Driver, AD-GP 6x
TM M2 3HL, MFS Q4 Red Tie x
TM M1 18* Hybrid, MFS HQ4 Hybrid x
PXG 0311T, 3-P, Xtreme Dark, Project X LZ 6.0
PXG 0311, 50, 55, 60 wedges, Xtreme Dark, DG AMT TI x100
Cameron Newport BOS Torched
PXG Stand Bag

19

#380 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124960
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Las Vegas
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 252

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I dont think he has a callaway 3 wood. He is playing razr mbs still, and has at least one wedge with project x but another wedge had kbs like his irons.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#381 kg92lefty

kg92lefty

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124960
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Las Vegas
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 252

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Looks like rocketballs 3 wood

21

#382 MarkFromTheUK

MarkFromTheUK

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140175
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:London UK
  • Handicap:Knee
GolfWRX Likes : 1478

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Looks like he's still hitting the blacked out RBZ. It's definitely not an X Hot, and it's doesn't sound like a Razr Extreme.
Ping G LS Tec 9 - Tour 65 (OMG a stock shaft!!!)
Ping G Stretch 3 - Tour 80 (OMG another stock shaft!!!)
Ping G 3 Crossover - Tour 90 (yep, you've guessed it!!!!)
TM RSI TP 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 130
TM EF TP 52, 56, 60 - KBS C-Taper 130
Callaway PM Grind 64 Lobber - KBS C-Taper 130
Odyssey Works Big T Blade 34"

22

#383 notlonuf

notlonuf

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114708
  • Joined: 09/11/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

I could be wrong but it looked like he was back to using the RHT or FTtour instead of the fit extreme at the Humana. Anyone else notice this?
Callaway XR16 Pro 8* GD AD-DI-6S
Stage 2 14.5* HYB VTS75S/ 17.5*HYB 83 VC
Apex 20* & 23* Kuro Kage 80S
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW w/ XP95 S300
Odyssey 2-Ball Fang 33" ( at the moment, changes more frequently than underwear...)
Mack Daddy 3 50-10S and 56-10C grind

23

#384 fatmouse

fatmouse

    AAAAAAAAAAARGH

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35909
  • Joined: 07/30/2007
  • Location:Bay Area CA
  • Handicap:3.9
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

View Postnotlonuf, on 19 January 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

I could be wrong but it looked like he was back to using the RHT or FTtour instead of the fit extreme at the Humana. Anyone else notice this?

yeah looks like a razr hawk with his trusty fubuki

Posted Image

24

#385 mickelsonfan71

mickelsonfan71

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 219387
  • Joined: 01/04/2013
  • Location:oklahoma
  • Ebay ID:don't have 1 yet
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

What is in phils bag this week at the sony open??????




25

#386 mickelsonfan71

mickelsonfan71

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 219387
  • Joined: 01/04/2013
  • Location:oklahoma
  • Ebay ID:don't have 1 yet
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Was that the ODYSSEY PRO TYPE
082 PUTTER HE WAS USING FRIDAY? Does anyone know what kinda insert is in that putter?

I found one brand new for like $167

26

#387 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 4923

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

The driver in the photo above if the RHT Proto. Same design as the FT Tour but with Forged Composite.



27

#388 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,669 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91668
  • Joined: 08/13/2009
  • Location:VA
GolfWRX Likes : 5662

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

View Postmickelsonfan71, on 26 January 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Was that the ODYSSEY PRO TYPE
082 PUTTER HE WAS USING FRIDAY? Does anyone know what kinda insert is in that putter?

I found one brand new for like $167

Getty is showing that he went back to the high toe #9 from the WBW Versa #9 he started with.

http://www.gettyimag...photo/160068687

http://www.golf.com/...putter-high-toe
WITB Link

Cobra Fly Z 9*, Fujikura Speeder TS 6.2
TM Aeroburner TP 15*, Fujikura Rombax P95
Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump
Maxfli Revolution Black, DG
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*, DG
Ping 1966 TR Anser 2

28

#389 odshot68

odshot68

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30735
  • Joined: 06/04/2007
  • Location:MI
GolfWRX Likes : 174

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Is the high toe #9 available to purchase and why model is it?
Taylor Made M1 10.5 Driver Aldila Rogue 60 Stiff
Taylor Made M1 3 & 5 Wood Diamana B-Series 80 Stiff
Srixon ZU45 20 degree Steelfiber 110 Stiff Driving Iron
Bridgestone J15 CB 5-PW Steelfiber 110 Stiff Irons
Cleveland RTX Chrome 50 & 56 2 dot, 60 1 dot Wedges
Scotty Cameron Special Edition Del Mar Buttonback

29

#390 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,669 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91668
  • Joined: 08/13/2009
  • Location:VA
GolfWRX Likes : 5662

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Postodshot68, on 01 February 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

Is the high toe #9 available to purchase and why model is it?

It's a Japanese market only model, but you can get it on eBay or Tour Spec Golf. More info posted here:

http://www.golfwrx.c...t-phils-putter/

Edited by Puppetmaster, 01 February 2013 - 08:45 AM.

WITB Link

Cobra Fly Z 9*, Fujikura Speeder TS 6.2
TM Aeroburner TP 15*, Fujikura Rombax P95
Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump
Maxfli Revolution Black, DG
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*, DG
Ping 1966 TR Anser 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors