Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

eBay - viewing negative feedback quickly

37 replies to this topic

#31 jfzhorseman

jfzhorseman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23596
  • Ebay ID:jzm99
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

I agree, buyers now no they hold all the cards and are using them to defraud honest people. Happens just as often as the opposite

found myself desperately searching for this link, so I think I'll make it a sticky as it is such a very helpful tool.  Thanks rgjusa!  

As for the "why's negative feedback helpful" question, let's look at a hypothetical where we look at the larger picture:

Hypothetically, let's say there's a guy selling the occasional fake tour club on ebay, but has hundreds and hundreds of positive sales from his comic book or baseball card collections and other low-dollar items.  Those few negatives (or sometimes more telling, the neutrals) speak volumes as to how the "proprietor" conducts himself.  Additionally, positives are extremely superficial, and are often held hostage by bigger sellers (and in this hypothetical, the last 300 or so have been nothing more than an advertisement for his pretend website). :rolleyes:   Let's say, again hypothetically, that said comic book/tour club dealer has a %99.5 positive rating, a 2311 feedback score, and 3123 total positive feedbacks from 2322 members, with only 11 negatives.  But if you look closer, you'll see that he's only left 1647 feedbacks with 13 negatives (and 6 neutrals), and looking at the dates--they're all retaliatory (again, in the Land of Make-Believe Posted Image ).  That would definitely make me think twice about "knowing my source." :cheesy:

And that, is a short tutorial on why toolhaus.org is a very useful site!

beruo

as a seller i am more interested in the non payment negative feedback.why ebay lets a buyer get a few "strikes" against them before they do anything to the buyer is crazy.the seller wastes time and money relisting the item.may loss money on the next sale compared to the non payers sale price nd has to wait several weeks for his refund of the fees while the non payers keeps bidding on other items.the buyer should not be able to bid for 30 days if a non payment is filed agist him or until he pays the seller for the fees he lost.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 pencilwhipper

pencilwhipper

Advanced

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178532
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

cant you just click on the actual number under the "negative feedback"?

#33 Greenie

Greenie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82498
  • Handicap:13.7
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

View Postpencilwhipper, on 22 July 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

cant you just click on the actual number under the "negative feedback"?

Yes you can.....Thats the way I check it.

#34 pencilwhipper

pencilwhipper

Advanced

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178532
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

View Postjfzhorseman, on 04 June 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

as a seller i am more interested in the non payment negative feedback.why ebay lets a buyer get a few "strikes" against them before they do anything to the buyer is crazy.the seller wastes time and money relisting the item.may loss money on the next sale compared to the non payers sale price nd has to wait several weeks for his refund of the fees while the non payers keeps bidding on other items.the buyer should not be able to bid for 30 days if a non payment is filed agist him or until he pays the seller for the fees he lost.

if an item doesnt sell, you do not need to pay another fee to put your ad on ebay.. if your item was bought, but the buyer flaked out on you, the item is free to relist. The only time you pay fees is when your item sells and the buyer pays you, then you pay the fee at the end of the transaction.

#35 inthefairway

inthefairway

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90812
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

Very useful information!!!  Thanks a bunch!!!!

#36 FairwayGolfUSA.com

FairwayGolfUSA.com

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 1,315 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185658
GolfWRX Likes : 153

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

great info. very useful. Thank you

-Ryan
Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer: