Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

eBay - viewing negative feedback quickly

37 replies to this topic

#1 rgjusa

rgjusa

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8553
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:58 AM

If you want to view negative feedback w/o having to page through pages and pages of positive comments (!), then here is a good tool to do so:

http://www.toolhaus.org/

It does more than just negs though.

Mods: if this breaks any rules for posting then I apologize in advance.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Golfdog

Golfdog

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2350
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:38 AM

GREAT tool! Thanks for posting it.

#3 bighit20

bighit20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6485
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

Thanks , very useful!

#4 robwai

robwai

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:37 PM

Also check out www.goofbay.co.uk

You can check for misspelled items and under the tools section, you can check the feedback of users  for negs etc. It even allows you to view feedback that has been hidden or made private by sellers.

Rob

#5 pitbull808

pitbull808

Putter Hoarder

• Marshals
  • 8,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:08 AM

View Postrgjusa, on Apr 15 2006, 10:58 PM, said:

If you want to view negative feedback w/o having to page through pages and pages of positive comments (!), then here is a good tool to do so:

http://www.toolhaus.org/

It does more than just negs though.

Mods: if this breaks any rules for posting then I apologize in advance.

Thanks for the link.  That site makes it a whole lot easier then sufing page after page.  Ebay should include this option too since negatives are a whole lot more useful then positive feedback.

#6 conkara

conkara

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10228

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:18 PM

One wonders why you would say that negative feedback is more important than positive!? Good people/ sellers can run into jerks wishing to give negative feedback soley for a power trip and nothing more. Granted some negative feedback research is a good thing no doubt, but to focus on a negative feedback when an otherwise positive feedback record is achived, is strange to me. Two cents

#7 pitchmaster1224

pitchmaster1224

tour fittings since 1893

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 849
  • Ebay ID:pitchmaster1224

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:24 PM

great link thanks!

#8 Geo

Geo

Happy Geo's Day!

• Marshals
  • 6,061 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1027

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:14 AM

I found myself desperately searching for this link, so I think I'll make it a sticky as it is such a very helpful tool.  Thanks rgjusa!  

As for the "why's negative feedback helpful" question, let's look at a hypothetical where we look at the larger picture:

Hypothetically, let's say there's a guy selling the occasional fake tour club on ebay, but has hundreds and hundreds of positive sales from his comic book or baseball card collections and other low-dollar items.  Those few negatives (or sometimes more telling, the neutrals) speak volumes as to how the "proprietor" conducts himself.  Additionally, positives are extremely superficial, and are often held hostage by bigger sellers (and in this hypothetical, the last 300 or so have been nothing more than an advertisement for his pretend website). :friends:   Let's say, again hypothetically, that said comic book/tour club dealer has a %99.5 positive rating, a 2311 feedback score, and 3123 total positive feedbacks from 2322 members, with only 11 negatives.  But if you look closer, you'll see that he's only left 1647 feedbacks with 13 negatives (and 6 neutrals), and looking at the dates--they're all retaliatory (again, in the Land of Make-Believe :crazy: ).  That would definitely make me think twice about "knowing my source." :idhitit:

And that, is a short tutorial on why toolhaus.org is a very useful site!

beruo
:hi:

#9 Redsoxfan

Redsoxfan

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11807
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:54 PM

[quote name='beruo' date='Jun 18 2006, 05:14 AM' post='218315']
I found myself desperately searching for this link, so I think I'll make it a sticky as it is such a very helpful tool.  Thanks rgjusa!  

As for the "why's negative feedback helpful" question, let's look at a hypothetical where we look at the larger picture:

Hypothetically, let's say there's a guy selling the occasional fake tour club on ebay, but has hundreds and hundreds of positive sales from his comic book or baseball card collections and other low-dollar items.  Those few negatives (or sometimes more telling, the neutrals) speak volumes as to how the "proprietor" conducts himself.  Additionally, positives are extremely superficial, and are often held hostage by bigger sellers (and in this hypothetical, the last 300 or so have been nothing more than an advertisement for his pretend website). :friends:   Let's say, again hypothetically, that said comic book/tour club dealer has a %99.5 positive rating, a 2311 feedback score, and 3123 total positive feedbacks from 2322 members, with only 11 negatives.  But if you look closer, you'll see that he's only left 1647 feedbacks with 13 negatives (and 6 neutrals), and looking at the dates--they're all retaliatory (again, in the Land of Make-Believe :crazy: ).  That would definitely make me think twice about "knowing my source." :idhitit:

And that, is a short tutorial on why [url="http://toolhaus.org/"]toolhaus.org[/url] is a very useful site!

beruo
[/quote

as a seller i am more interested in the non payment negative feedback.why ebay lets a buyer get a few "strikes" against them before they do anything to the buyer is crazy.the seller wastes time and money relisting the item.may loss money on the next sale compared to the non payers sale price nd has to wait several weeks for his refund of the fees while the non payers keeps bidding on other items.the buyer should not be able to bid for 30 days if a non payment is filed agist him or until he pays the seller for the fees he lost.

#10 Placebo

Placebo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5088

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:04 AM

Many thanks!  :idhitit:

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 ezra76

ezra76

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25285
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:22 PM

View Postconkara, on Apr 21 2006, 07:18 PM, said:

One wonders why you would say that negative feedback is more important than positive!? Good people/ sellers can run into jerks wishing to give negative feedback soley for a power trip and nothing more. Granted some negative feedback research is a good thing no doubt, but to focus on a negative feedback when an otherwise positive feedback record is achived, is strange to me. Two cents

Let me tell you my story from this summer. I put in a quick bid on an R7425 with a Speeder 757, looked fine and paid $220 with shipping, not an incredible "too good to be true" deal but a good one.

So I get it in the mail and it looks great... headcover seemed a little odd, little off color on the red and bottom of the sock was weird as to stretch. Anyway, looked fine otherwise... I left a great feedback as it was shipped so fast.

I take it to the range 3 days later... 2nd shot the head caves in. NO kidding!! I call up Taylormade and they say the serial is not one they use on that club, not thiers.

I contact the seller and he offers to replace it... yeah right, with another fake? He offers to send me a money order but only after I return it. I wasn't born yesterday.

So Underpardeals sold a whole lot of R7425's and 460's that week. I won over $4000 of his auctions... and told him to screw.

Fortunately he had an alternate payment set up with a credit card. Since I had paid with Mastercard I got my $220 back after filling out an affidavit.

Let me just say Taylormade was a huge help. They sent me a letter from thier legal dept. saying it was a fake, which I used to do the MC backcharge. They also sent me a dozen Blackmax balls.

This guy also had a bunch of Cleveland stuff. I contacted them and they thanked me and sent a free hat. Two great companies there.

Sorry. I didn't realize how old this thread was. It's a good lesson anyway. In my experience it is best to link your paypal to only a credit card, not a bank account. Visa and Mastercard will offer buyer protection. My dad is fighting to get his $$ back on a rare coin he bought for $1200, unfortunately Paypal is his only recourse and they are idiots. He has proof it was fake, sent the coin back as they told him to do, guy signed for and still no refund after 4months. Caveat Emptor my friends.

Edited by ezra76, 14 February 2007 - 04:31 PM.

#12 llBIGGll

llBIGGll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40286
  • Ebay ID:neilr22

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

Great tool, thanks for the post

#13 AcumenJ

AcumenJ

Joshua Allen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49204

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

Great tool.  I have gotten burned before, but that will be no longer, now that I have these cool tools you all have supplied to me.  Much Thanks!!!! :coolpics:

#14 JLaiFugitive

JLaiFugitive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54375

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

I completely agree - thanks for the link!

I've been scammed one too many times on ebay and this will really help in the future!

I believe I even got cheated by the same seller that 2 other fellow golfwrx'ers did - 1quik993 aka John Quang Quoc Lai

I just wish there were more honest people in the world!

#15 robb01

robb01

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67754

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:15 AM

Thanks, never realized there was a tool like that

#16 paddy2

paddy2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64337
  • Ebay ID:dobson1671

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:25 PM

I know this is an old thread but after reading it today I felt compelled to tell my story.I purchased a  Callaway FTQ draw 9.5 head from one of Australias largest distributors and by chance the same weekend swapped my Titleist 907D2 for a FTQ with a speeder shaft and seeing the head I purchased needed a shaft I decided to put it on the bay.I sold it that weekend and sent it promptly thinking that this guy got a good deal and he would be more than happy.About a week later without any communication sent to myself I find that he has put negative feedback saying the head was a fake and I was not to be trusted,after sending him the reciepts I had from the distributor and a letter from the distributor and Callaway he would still not be convinced and said that the letters were most probably for a different head,so now I have negative feedback for a perfectly legitimate club.I purchased some clubs from the US [X20 Callaway] and as soon as opening the package it was obvious they were fakes,good copies but definately fake. Many freinds have tried to buy them but I refuse as my reputation means more to me than a few hundred dollars does,so it can work against you if sell to uninformed fools that just like to be nasty.Oh yeah I did offer to refund his money and of course pay the freight as well but he declined saying I would get the head and then not refund his money.I then sent half of the refund in good faith but never heard from him again.

#17 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106301
GolfWRX Likes : 1169

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

You can now view negative feedback (within last 12 months) directly on ebay.  Surprising it took them so long to implement such an obviously useful feature.
Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

#18 Tiger512

Tiger512

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83731
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

thanks! very helpful!

#19 blackswan

blackswan

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121216
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

thanks. it is awesome

#20 newportbeach

newportbeach

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481
  • Ebay ID:spyglass
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:42 AM

Thank you that is very helpful.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 The Big Number

The Big Number

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103895
  • Ebay ID:hendrixfan76
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

You can also just click on the number of negative feedbacks. On the feedback page where it shows the number of negatives in red numbers.........just click on the red number and will show them to you.

#22 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106301
GolfWRX Likes : 1169

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:09 AM

View PostThe Big Number, on 28 March 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

You can also just click on the number of negative feedbacks. On the feedback page where it shows the number of negatives in red numbers.........just click on the red number and will show them to you.

You can do that now, but the feature has only been recently implemented.  Before, you either viewed all feedback or none.  If you wanted to see negatives you would have to scroll through every feedback and find them individually.
Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

#23 HitEmTrue

HitEmTrue

@HitEmTrue1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93756
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

View PostRJRJRJ, on 29 March 2011 - 03:09 AM, said:

You can do that now, but the feature has only been recently implemented.  Before, you either viewed all feedback or none.  If you wanted to see negatives you would have to scroll through every feedback and find them individually.

Or, you could have used toolhaus.org, like the OP suggested.  :)

I agree with you that it took them a while to implement something so obvious.

Edited by HitEmTrue, 31 March 2011 - 02:27 PM.

#24 Bravo36

Bravo36

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30879
  • Ebay ID:bravo36
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

Now this could come in real handy.  They don't make it easy on you do they?  (Ebay I mean).

#25 shootermcgavin2

shootermcgavin2

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134202
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

View Postconkara, on 21 April 2006 - 07:18 PM, said:

these jerks you speak of are easy to spot, usually by the whiny/immature/unfair ways they tend to leave their negative feedback. however, if a seller has 20 negatives, and all of them mention a similar type problem, then it might suggest it's a trend. in either case, seeing neg only without having to surf through page after page is a huge time saver...

#26 tpuds

tpuds

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138960

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

Thanks, great tool

#27 mizunomp53

mizunomp53

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139029
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

Just saved me hours of ny life,  thanks!!!

#28 Cameron Circle T

Cameron Circle T

The Doc

• Junior Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9050

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

This is very old - ebay now allows you to just click the number of negative feedback and view just those.

#29 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,363 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
GolfWRX Likes : 884

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostCameron Circle T, on 28 January 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

This is very old - ebay now allows you to just click the number of negative feedback and view just those.

Wow!  

I Ebay all the time and did not know that! Thanks!

Old dog, meet new trick! :good:

#30 The Golfing Boy

The Golfing Boy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153201
  • Ebay ID:becksports14

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the link very helpful.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors