Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Mizuno MX-200 Irons Review

40 replies to this topic

#1 HipCheck

HipCheck

Eagle time!

• Marshals
  • 5,184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1164

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:30 PM

Mizuno MX-200 Irons Review

Tested:
Mizuno MX-200 Irons 4 thru PW + Gap + Sand
Shafts: Nippon GS Pro 950 Stiff
Swingweights, Loft / Lie: Standard

Pros:
Soft feel
Very forgiving, especially on toe hits
Playable from variety of lies
Shots hold their lines very well
Satin finish

Cons:
Forgiveness difference between 4-7 and 8-GW due to channel cavity
Shots hold their lines very well (Not extremely workable)
Slightly thicker look at address

Bottom Line:
If you don't want to sacrifice feel for forgiveness and accuracy, these may be your new sticks.

Look:
I've always liked the looks Mizuno Irons. They're known for classic forgings without gimmicks.  The MP line is full of beauties.  Mizuno has done a great job of working those great looks into the MX-200s, with a few tweaks.  

I've always been a fan of satin over chrome and these simply look fantastic. That look serves also helps disguise the size of the clubhead (which truth be told is not THAT large).  In chrome however, these might look overbearing.  Traditional Mizuno 'Grain Flow Forged' is imprinted on the hosel.  The running bird on the sole is a nice touch.

Now onto the decorative blue stickers on the cavities.  Personally, I like them. The Mizuno blue allows these irons to stand out a little.  It's not nearly as overbearing as the bright, distracting graphics and vibration dampeners of other irons in this class (you know who you are) which scream Play-Doh more than "play golf."  If you want to ditch them the stickers, the good news is you can without any playability issues.

Performance/Playability:
There are three performance features of the MX-200 irons that stand out for me.  
  • Y-Tune Technology: This is Mizuno's term for "If you mishit it on the toe, we're here to help." The sweet spot of the MX-200 is expanded out toward the toe.  Not only does this work, but it works VERY well.  I was borderline shocked.  Toe hits hold their line remarkably well (I was also shocked on how many toe hits I had). These are a G.I. club, and if you pound the center of the clubface every time, you belong in the MP series.
  • Triple Cut Sole: This unique sole grind allows the MX-200 to perform well in all sorts of turf conditions.  In the muddy Northeastern spring golf season, I was very happy with this feature.  I'm pleasantly surprised with performance out of the rough as well.  These just don't seem to turn over when they hit the long grass like other sets.  Shots fly straighter and I've had to adjust my game accordingly, which is a good thing.  The sand wedge (12* bounce) performs well out of the sand and can have some bite off of the fairway.  I would not consider it very versatile though if you're looking to open it up.
  • Milled Pocket:  Due to the 'Extreme Milled Pocket Cavity" the long irons are simply the easiest long irons I've hit in my life.  7 rounds in, and I'm still 'wowed' by them.  I'm absolutely sold on this type of cavity.  More on this engineering marvel below.

Feel
The Game Improvement Iron category is littered with cast and multi-metal irons with vibration dampeners and power bands, etc.  Instead of relying on technology to create forged feel, they simply make forged irons (what a concept!). Mizuno chose '1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel' with a double-plated chrome finish.  The result is as you'd expect:  soft, solid, sweet-feeling irons.  Feeling is more muted than a blade obviously, but toe and heel hits are still easily recognized.  

The milled pocket cavity of the long irons creates a more muted feel in the long irons, but the payoff is unparalleled forgiveness.  I would not mind an entire set made with this type of cavity.  It's THAT forgiving.  There is no pocket from 8 on up, and there is a lack of forgiveness compared to the longer irons.  The difference is noticeable, but not unmanageable.  A thin shot with the 8 iron is less harsh with the 7 iron.  Again, this is a small price to pay for the added forgiveness.

Bottom Line:
Forged, Forgiveness & Feel.  There aren't many irons that combine this into one package and Mizuno accomplishes this very well.  The long irons the easiest I have ever hit.  Feel is more muted due to the pocket cavity, but the payoff is excellent forgiveness. The short irons are somewhat less forgiving, have great feedback and as expected, and require a better strike on the ball.  Shots tend to hold their lines well, so if you play a draw or slice, you may experience less lateral movement with these than your current set.  Fully, completely recommended.

Note: I've included some pictures along side some Callaway FT Irons for comparison.

What Mizuno says:
MX-200
The new MX-200 irons with Y-tune technology are a quantum leap forward in forgiving, game improvement irons with the added benefit of unmistakeable Grain Flow Forged feel. Y-Tune technology successfully extends and expands the sweet area of the clubface out towards the toe to deliver amazing forgiveness on mis-hits. Through the use of a reengineered external power bar and inner Y-shaped cavity pad, the MX-200s are tuned for unbelievable forgiveness, great trajectory, and amazing feel. Further enhancing the forgiveness of the MX-200 is a slightly larger clubhead and the creation of a super-deep, milled pocket that creates a lower, deeper center of gravity, and delivers an easy, high launch. The MX-200 irons with Y-Tune Technology are unmatched in the industry for game improvement forgiveness and solid forged feel.
Features
• Innovative Y-Tune Technology provides a massive sweet area for unsurpassed forgiveness.
• Grain Flow Forged, 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel provides the ultimate soft, solid, consistent feel.
• Durable double nickel chrome plated finish
• Modified U-grooves produce the ideal spin rate for maximum playability in all conditions.
• More aggressive, triple cut sole design for consistent playability from all types of lies.

Club Specs
Club LH Loft ° Lie ° Offset " Length " Bounce °
3 Yes 20 59.5 0.211 38.75" 1
4 Yes 23 60.0 0.201 38.25" 2
5 Yes 26 60.5 0.191 37.75" 2
6 Yes 29 61.0 0.181 37.25" 2
7 Yes 33 61.5 0.171 36.75" 3
8 Yes 37 62.0 0.161 36.25" 4
9 Yes 41 62.5 0.152 35.75" 5
PW Yes 45 63.0 0.142 35.50" 6
GW Yes 50 63.0 0.122 35.25" 7
SW Yes 55 63.0 0.102 35.25" 12

Link: http://www.mizunousa...F...f&cat=irons

Attached Images

• IMG_0758.JPG
  • IMG_0777.JPG
  • IMG_0762.JPG
  • IMG_0807.JPG
  • IMG_0765.JPG
  • IMG_0810.JPG
  • IMG_0775.JPG
  • IMG_0817.JPG
  • IMG_0776.JPG
  • IMG_0820.JPG
  • IMG_0824.JPG
  • IMG_0836.JPG
  • IMG_0828.JPG
  • IMG_0830.JPG
  • IMG_0834.JPG
  • IMG_0835.JPG

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44453
  • Ebay ID:kevanprince
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:37 PM

Excellent review! Thanks!

For me they are just a bit too thick in the topline. I also dislike the blue stickers in the cavity but realize they could be removed to make these irons look better. I think I'd go with the 52s if I was wanting some forgiving Mizunos. I'm guessing these are a little more forgiving though.

#3 driverwedge3putt

driverwedge3putt

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,834 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71845
GolfWRX Likes : 162

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

View PostDeadpool_25, on Jun 8 2009, 11:37 PM, said:

Excellent review! Thanks!

For me they are just a bit too thick in the topline. I also dislike the blue stickers in the cavity but realize they could be removed to make these irons look better. I think I'd go with the 52s if I was wanting some forgiving Mizunos. I'm guessing these are a little more forgiving though.

I agree, I'm sure they are great like most mizuno offerings but when i say them in person, I thought to myself, God those are ugly!

#4 Greenie

Greenie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82498
  • Handicap:13.7
GolfWRX Likes : 243

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:17 PM

Nice review.I own these and I thought your review was dead on.When I first saw these I thought they looked nice.The blue stickers are certainly debateable and blue isn't my color.Can't make up my mind about removing the sticker or not.I really don't want to mess with a work of art.

Edited by Greenie, 08 June 2009 - 11:18 PM.

#5 Pauly567

Pauly567

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79981
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

Glad to hear they are working out well for you. I unfortunalty had a different experience. The 8, 9, and PW are ballooning out of control, while ball flight on the 3 - 7 is fantastic. I can't figure it out, but the shafts are definitely not right.

#6 JackB1

JackB1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60541
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

Great Review!  These are a very underated club IMO just because they have the "MX" in their name.  The 8-P have no cavity and are similar to the MP line's 8-PW and the longer irons 5-7 are very easy to hit.  All in all a great set of irons than almost anyone can play.  Mizuno actually targets these for a 10-18 handicap, so they aren't as "G.I." as people think.  These clubs could be reccommended to a really wide variety of golfers and suit them well.  I was torn between these and the Adams A4's and decided to go with Adams, but could have easily choose the MX200s and been happy.  Great clubs and they have soft Mizuno feel.
Only negative I found was the stock Dynalite Gold XP shafts.  They felt a little too light for me and made my already too high ballflight even higher, but with reg. DG's the ballflight was awesome.

p.s. I have a brand new set of these in 5-PW w/ DG Golds (R300) that are going on Ebay this week.  If anyone's interested, please send me a private message.  I decided to just keep one set of iron's around :)

#7 golfware

golfware

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439
GolfWRX Likes : 162

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:42 AM

How's the distance on them compare to some of the others out there...  i.e. AP1's, 09 Burner's, etc.

Thanks!

#8 jjl

jjl

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4664
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:58 AM

Great review.  Important to note that this review is w/ Nippon GS950's.  I demo'd the MX-200 w/ XP S300 and was not impressed by the feel, it felt clunky and harsh to me for a Mizuno.  I suspect it may partly be the shaft, i'm not a huge DG fan.  I wish i could try the 200 (and MP 52/57) with some Nippons, but demos are hard to find.  i'd be interested in hearing more feedback on the Nippons w/ the 200's - did you hit the 200 w/ the XP shaft, and what were the differences?
Titleist 910 D2 9.5*
Titleist 910 Fd 15*
Taylor Made JetSpeed Rescue 22*
Taylor Made SLDR 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 50*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.7

#9 Djay

Djay

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42781
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

Very nice write up on the MX-200's! I started using this set this Spring. Your point about them holding their shot line very well is spot on with my personal experience.  I agree the satin finish was a good choice for this club. They are indeed "playable from a variety of lies"; that was the primary reason I moved to these from a very wide soled club. Plus, I haven't enjoyed that nice soft forged feel since my late 80's (Wilson Staff Goosenecks)

Some folks seem to dismiss the MX-200's simply based on the easily removable blue badges. Like you I think for a moderate G.I. club the lines on these sticks is very understated and not gaudy at all. 

Thanks again for a fine review. 

#10 HipCheck

HipCheck

Eagle time!

• Marshals
  • 5,184 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

View Postjjl, on Jun 9 2009, 12:58 PM, said:

Great review.  Important to note that this review is w/ Nippon GS950's.  I demo'd the MX-200 w/ XP S300 and was not impressed by the feel, it felt clunky and harsh to me for a Mizuno.  I suspect it may partly be the shaft, i'm not a huge DG fan.  I wish i could try the 200 (and MP 52/57) with some Nippons, but demos are hard to find.  i'd be interested in hearing more feedback on the Nippons w/ the 200's - did you hit the 200 w/ the XP shaft, and what were the differences?

I did hit them once with the standard shaft, but it was inside into a net.  I do remember I liked the feel.

However, DG's are just NOT for me, so there really wasn't any question I was going with my standard NS Pro 950s.  I've been playing them too long to adjust to something heavier with different feel.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 eelee

eelee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84635

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

How do these irons compare with the callaway ft irons?  Is the feel and distance any improved?

#12 HipCheck

HipCheck

Eagle time!

• Marshals
  • 5,184 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

View Posteelee, on Jun 9 2009, 01:22 PM, said:

How do these irons compare with the callaway ft irons?  Is the feel and distance any improved?

They're night and day to me.  Mizunos feel softer and the feedback is much better.  The FTs just don't translate feedback like these.

I don't see any real distance change for me.  These are playing about the same as my previous set, but are less demanding.

One thing to note is I've been able to 'lean on them' to generate extra distance.  For example, I hit a smooth 5 iron to a 177 yard pin, but I was also able to lean on a 6 iron to a 174 yard pin because I needed to hit a higher shot.  

Also on Sunday, 3 of the people in my foursome were playing MX-200s.  Odd.  They also loved their irons, BTW.

#13 Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

If anyone has removed the blue stickers, please post pics. I'm curious to see what they look like.

#14 HipCheck

HipCheck

Eagle time!

• Marshals
  • 5,184 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

View PostDeadpool_25, on Jun 9 2009, 02:14 PM, said:

If anyone has removed the blue stickers, please post pics. I'm curious to see what they look like.

http://www.golfwrx.c...howtopic=257616
post_49868_1241813426_4.jpg

#15 Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

Thanks. Those look a LOT better!

The top lines would still be a bit thick for me but those do look nice. I guess you could always grind the top lines down by a millimeter or two. LOL

#16 masterli

masterli

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41139
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:14 AM

this is my first set of real irons.  just got them 2 weeks ago.  fitter matched me w/ mx 200s with nippon 1050's.  to be honest the shaft blew my mind first.  i've had gigagolf clubs w/ goofy light true temper shafts. i never knew how sweet a shaft could feel until now.  i did not try the mx200's w/ any TT shafts though.  The heads feel great and I get a lot more feedback than my CB's which is what i was looking for.  however, i will agree that it's not as GI as some say.  mizuno says 10-20 index.  i'm a 16 and the mid irons are a tad much for me (i don't have the long irons).  i'm definitely going to have to work on my swing more, but of course, in the long run should make me a better striker.  i just thought they'd be closer in forgiveness to my old CB's.  thinned and heel shots lose a lot more distance than my old CB's.  i don't think i could play these if i were still a 20.

anyway, i'm very happy w/ them.  feels amazing when you make solid contact.  love the short irons - deadly accurate.  demo them w/ some nippons if you can. yum!

#17 chickenpotpie

chickenpotpie

#TeamJetSpeed

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63615
  • Handicap:8.5
GolfWRX Likes : 540

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

I'm a 4 hdcp and play these.  I actually liked these better than the MP-52's because the head length was larger (52's are too small IMO).  I'm still undecided on the stickers.

Performance of these is very solid.  With the short irons, I can attack pins with confidence, and I know I won't go offline in misses, just shorter.  The long irons feel good too, and are super easy to hit.  I actually dropped my 24 hybrid to play a 4 iron!
Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
WITB Link

#18 Deadpool_25

Deadpool_25

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:32 AM

I went back and took another look at these in the store. I compared them side by side with the A4s. I still like the look of the A4s better, but the MX-200s didn't look as chunky to me this time. The toplines are just a little too thick looking. I think I could game these...I'd definitely remove the stickers though.

#19 Greenie

Greenie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82498
  • Handicap:13.7
GolfWRX Likes : 243

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

View Postchickenpotpie, on Jun 10 2009, 08:39 AM, said:

I'm a 4 hdcp and play these. I actually liked these better than the MP-52's because the head length was larger (52's are too small IMO). I'm still undecided on the stickers.

Performance of these is very solid. With the short irons, I can attack pins with confidence, and I know I won't go offline in misses, just shorter. The long irons feel good too, and are super easy to hit. I actually dropped my 24 hybrid to play a 4 iron!

I am a 15hdcp.This is dead on too.I was thinking of ordering a 3 iron I hit the 4 iron so well. Much more consistent for me then my hybrids.I agree offline misses go straight just shorter.These were what I have been looking for.Very responsive for me when I try to work the ball with good distance control. I can see my hdcp dropping with these.My other GI irons were holding me back.They were very good for just hitting the ball straight but now I can take my game to the next level and these allow me to do that.

#20 harpua728

harpua728

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74440
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:45 AM

I've played these a few rounds now and absolutely love them.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 JackB1

JackB1

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60541

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:34 AM

View PostDeadpool_25, on Jun 10 2009, 09:32 AM, said:

I went back and took another look at these in the store. I compared them side by side with the A4s. I still like the look of the A4s better, but the MX-200s didn't look as chunky to me this time. The toplines are just a little too thick looking. I think I could game these...I'd definitely remove the stickers though.

Are you not liking your A4s?  Also, how is that A4 4-iron?  I am inconsistent with my hybrids and was thinking of ordering the Adams A4 4-iron.

#22 MizunoMan49

MizunoMan49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82708

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:24 AM

Excellent review mate - just had my MX-200's delivered today and could not be happier. Took them out for a session on the range, and then out in my backyard (which is actually the 3rd hole of my local course :P) took my 9 iron to 130 and was super impressed. Cannot speak highly enough about these clubs at this stage.

#23 TigerEarl

TigerEarl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18438

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:42 AM

Can't wait to hear the postman knocking on my door - see my signature ;-)

#24 Naughty Mazz

Naughty Mazz

RIP Ferbis 12-31-12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45702
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:46 AM

thanks for the extensive pics and review, these irons have been at the head of my radar since they were introduced
Titleist 907D2 7.5*
Titleist 906F2 15*
Wilson Tour Blades 2-PW
Cleveland 588 56*
Odyssey White Hot Pro CS7
WITB Link

#25 newyorker

newyorker

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17833

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

View PostHipCheck, on Jun 9 2009, 07:18 PM, said:

post_49868_1241813426_4.jpg

Wow they look great without the stickers!!! I removed the stickers from my 4 iron and I was left with a couple of "blobs" where the glue stuck the original sticker to the head. What's the best technique for the clean look shown in the pics here?  ;)

#26 MizunoMan49

MizunoMan49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82708

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

View Postnewyorker, on Jun 12 2009, 02:58 PM, said:

View PostHipCheck, on Jun 9 2009, 07:18 PM, said:

Wow they look great without the stickers!!! I removed the stickers from my 4 iron and I was left with a couple of "blobs" where the glue stuck the original sticker to the head. What's the best technique for the clean look shown in the pics here?  ;)
Razor blade to get most of the glue off, then WD-40 to finish according to the guy that posted those pics.

Edited by MizunoMan49, 12 June 2009 - 07:25 PM.

#27 golfnuthb

golfnuthb

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34703
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

Looks way better without the blue y-tune sticker. Now if someone could just stamp and paintfill a small black mx200 out on the toe area they would look perfect. It's nice to see the clubs designation on it. Maybe someone could photoshop it? Then Mizuno could see what they're missing out on selling to the masses .Its funny how a bunch of weekend golfers can come up with a better looking club than an oem designer.  Some of the stuff on the current offerings is flat out rediculous. Ive played these irons for 2 short spells. They kept ending up out of the bag so Ive moved on. Dont care for the bulkiness of the short irons and hated the way the 4 iron cavity stuck out. Felt like I had training wheels on the club. Just a little too big for me, but they are definitely point and shoot clubs. The combo is a good idea-especially without the 4 iron being in it. :lol:

Edited by golfnuthb, 12 June 2009 - 08:03 PM.

Ping G25  9.5*
Cleveland Launcher Ti 15*
Adams Idea Pro 18*
MX 20  4-9  DG
Ping Scottsdale Tr
588 Ta rtg   45*  51*  56*  60* S300

#28 HipCheck

HipCheck

Eagle time!

• Marshals
  • 5,184 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:12 PM

View Postnewyorker, on Jun 12 2009, 03:58 PM, said:

Haven't done it, but I clean all my clubs with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  No Club Tub needed.  It'd probably work.

#29 harpua728

harpua728

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74440

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:45 AM

I think they look better WITH the blue stickers.  No question.  However, if there were a way to remove the blue stickers and still have the "MX-200" on the back in black they would look nice (kind of like the Japanese version of the club).

#30 jhrgolf

jhrgolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9276

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

I'm a 7 hdcp, and have been playing callaway fusions (originals).  Went to Hot Stix in Scottsdale and was fitted for MX 200 -- was kind of surprised, but love them.  Was very happy with fusions, but the 200's do have more feel and seem to be just as long as my fusions -- important to me as I just turned 57.  I have the 3 thru 9, Nippon shafts,  as I use Clevelands for pitch, sand and lob.  
I agree that the 3 and 4 iron need a little getting use to for better players (training wheels comment is pretty accurate), but I think they play great.
Don't know if I like the blue stickers yet, may remove them, but can always do that later.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors