Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

NXT Tour vs Trispeed

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Eagle006

Eagle006

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41616
  • Ebay ID:eagle006
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:09 AM

I'm currently deciding between The NXT Tour and the Srixon Trispeed as my gamer. I've been playing the Z-Stars which are great, but obviously less affordable than the above two.

So, my question is does anyone actually play the either of these balls and if so how does it perform for you? There seem to be a lot of NXT haters on here but I found and played an NXT Tour yesterday and thought it was a great ball which did everything I wanted it to. Given I've been playing Srixon for the past few seasons I am now in a dilemma.

My main requirements are low driver spin, soft feel and moderate greenside spin (I very much play a bump and run game, whenever possible).

Thoughts please.

Edited by Eagle006, 11 June 2009 - 03:29 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 VA_Astra

VA_Astra

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67429
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

In the warm weather, the NXT Tour is a great ball....When it turns to the cold, they are rocks.

That being said, much better IMO than the Tri-Speed.
Adams Super LS Accra ST 70 M5
Adams Super LS Accra ST 80 M5
Adams Super S 17 RIP Alpha 80x
RBT's 4-PW Recoil Proto125 F4
SunSet Beach Yaupon 357 Magnum
SCOR 50/55/60 Recoil Tour 125 F4

#3 ricar1610

ricar1610

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46467
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

I've been playing the TRISPEED for a few rounds and i really like it.  I used one ball for all 18 and it looks pretty unused still.  The driver spin is low - and I hit it about 5-7 yards furhter than the Pro V1x that I used for a couple of years.  Pretty good spin around the greens but they do not check up like a premium ball.  For the money and durability they are great.  The Taylor Made Burner TP ball is good too.  I have always thought the NXT tour was a good ball - most balls in each category seem to play very similar.  Being able to buy two dozen for the price of one Pro V1 box is great.  I like the way they putt too.  Srixon makes a great ball.
913D3 9.5* GD Tour AD BB 6s
R9 TP 15 * Motore F1 75s
913H 21* Fubuki AH 400s
690.CB 4-PW DG s300
SM4 56*/62*
Studio Select Newport 2

#4 randomhero1090

randomhero1090

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64872
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

I shot a 67 with a Trispeed.  My Dad told me to try it, figured i'd play 1 hole with it and ditch it.  I just BOMBED it off the tee.  Really long and straight ball.  It was VERY soft that day (planned to play a NXT Tour over a Pro-V1x or TM TP Red/Black) so I had no problem getting the ball to stick.

I played out of my mind, so I only hit about 2 chips with it all day.  However, my next round I tried it, it was much drier out, and it was crap around the greens.

I think the Trispeed is better off the tee than the NXT Tour, but the NXT Tour is great around the greens.

BTW, you can snag TM TP Reds and Blacks right now really cheap.

#5 Baconator

Baconator

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38188
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

The NXT Tour is a great ball imo, but I found it scuffs up pretty easily. Depending on how often you lose balls, what your swing speed is and what wedges you game the tour balls might actually be a better deal. I really hate scraping white strings out of my grooves, but other than that it's a nice ball. I haven't played the trispeed, but I do like the AD333. I'd probably be gaming them if I hadn't got a bunch of Z-Stars during a BOGO deal.

#6 magsgolfho

magsgolfho

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37161
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:03 PM

definitly give the srixon ad333 ball a shot as well. may suit your bump and run game a little better. ad333 and trispeed are pretty similar.

#7 turnbowm

turnbowm

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19962
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

View Postrandomhero1090, on Jun 9 2009, 03:19 PM, said:

I think the Trispeed is better off the tee than the NXT Tour, but the NXT Tour is great around the greens.

Couldn't agree more.  The Trispeed is long & straight off the tee but, in comparison to the NXT Tour, is lacking in greenside "manners" (control/spin).

#8 Terpman

Terpman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54475
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

I'm a Trispeed player and lover.  Its long, soft off every club including the putter and very low spin off the driver.  And, I can even get it to spin to a dead stop out of the sand on a full swing blast.  But, I must admit that the NXT Tour spins more and better around the greens generally.  But it will also spin quite a lot more off the driver.  I suggest you get a sleeve of each and try them out for yourself--there's no better way to pick your new ball.  For me, it was the Trispeed.

#9 J13

J13

@jminis13

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 9,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
GolfWRX Likes : 1234

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

I like the NXT tour and I'm a .6 HCP.  Depending on the conditions of the course I'm a high spin player so I bounce back and forth between the pro v1x and nxt tour.  If it's a really firm course I'll use pro v1x if not NXT tour works better for me as I don't zip the ball back 15 feet and end up further from the hole.  The nxt tour sticks and backs up maybe a foot or two plus I'm about 7-8yds longer with my irons.  Don't forget the NXT tour does get some pga tour use.
Silly Season Bag
Callawrx 1
Cally Vegas shoot

#10 sk373

sk373

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30156
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

i like the Trispeed more than the NXT Tour, even though the NXT Tour has more greenside spin.  i find the Trispeed to be more consistent, predictable, and durable than the NXT Tour.  fwiw, Joe Durant has been seen playing the Trispeed on the Tour.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Pweb44

Pweb44

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67268
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:04 PM

I have not tried the NXT's but I love the Srixon Trispeed. For me the ball is long off the tee and flies straight. I also found when playing from the fairways into the green with my mid irons or hybrids it would land softly and roll out for some extra distance. As far as around the greens it may not spin as much as other balls on the market but I've had no problem getting to stop quickly. You mentioned you like to bump and run so the Trispeed may fit if you like the extra roll on the greens. Putting it is soft and will hold it's line very well with the Trispeed.
All in all the Trispeed has been a champ for me from Tee to Green. Another ball you may want to consider is the Taylormade Burner TP, it will fly long but also spins more than the Trispeed around the greens. So for me right now the Top 3 balls in my bag from the mid-priced range is Srixon Trispeed, Taylormade Burner TP and Bridgestone e6+.

#12 Eagle006

Eagle006

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41616
  • Ebay ID:eagle006
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

Excellent. Thanks for the input everyone. Obviously nothing is going to beat an on course test but keep it coming. I'd be interested to hear more thoughts on these two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors