Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

My Bushnell customer service/repair experience


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 andyville99

andyville99

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69023
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

I got a Bushnell Tour V2 rangefinder for Christmas, and immediately found that I really liked it in all respects.  Easy to use, easy to pick up pins from as far as 500+ yds away - basically no complaints.  Then after about 2 1/2 months one of the digits in the display starting disappearing occasionally.  Shortly thereafter the first digits (hundreds place) disappeared altogether.  It was still usable at that point since you intuitively knew if you were 50, 150 or 250.  But then the second digit started partially disappearing, so you couldn't tell what the number was - at that point it was no longer usable.

So, I bit the bullet, packaged it according to Bushnell's instructions and sent it in.  Shortly thereafter I received a postcard indicating they'd received it, and it gave me my repair number I could use to check the status on their website.

Well, they've now had it a month, and the status reads "Hold - awaiting inspection".  So, I decided to call and check on it.  I was told it would be another 5 days before they'd be able to even look at it, because they were so "backed up".  Needless to say that didn't make me happy.  I asked the lady if the Tour V2 was a lemon, because I have 3 friends who have one, and they've all had a problem of one kind or another with the display.  She said "Oh no, it's our best - most popular product and we don't have many problems at all with them".  Hmmm, interesting then that your repair dept. is so "backed up" - with other products I suppose!

So, now they've had my rangefinder a month in hand, haven't even looked at it, and who knows when I'll even get it back.  I just thought I'd share this so you can take this into consideration when you make your next rangefinder purchase.  I will certainly have no allegiance to Bushnell going forward.  This is unacceptable when you've paid $300+ for a product and get this kind of treatment.  Their brochure says to expect 3-4 week turnaround - but it looks like it will be more like something in the 5+ week range, if not 6-8.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 LucF

LucF

    My 5x4 short game distances.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39536
  • Joined: 09/18/2007
  • Location:Montréal, Québec, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

View Postandyville99, on May 17 2009, 09:06 AM, said:

[...] Their brochure says to expect 3-4 week turnaround - but it looks like it will be more like something in the 5+ week range, if not 6-8.

8 weeks is what is took me in Canada to have my one season old PinSeeker replaced because the optics weren't performing as good as when I had purchased the unit. It could have been my fault as I had dropped it a couple of times.

I was grateful they sent back a replacement and new unit with all the gear, but 8 weeks is a long time.

#3 pmas93

pmas93

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11897
  • Joined: 02/13/2006
  • Location:Flowery Branch, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:38 AM

I have the 1500 and it started only showing distances of 63 yards and less.
I sent it back to them last week.  When I called I was told it would be 4-6 weeks.
I was prepared up front for the time, I just hope they don't give me any crap about fixing it.  When I told the lady the problem, she said, "We will inspect it and determine the problem and let you know how much it will be to fix it."  I politely informed her that as much as I paid for their product with a 2 year warrenty, it had better not cost anything!
If I get anything related to a bill from them I'm calling the lady back and tell them not so politely!
Hopefully things will turn out OK.

#4 Smooth spin scott

Smooth spin scott

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8822
  • Joined: 12/16/2005
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:58 AM

Well my Pinseeker 1500 was acting up, hard to get distances past 100 yards, and often distance were way off.  Brought it in directly to Bushnell customer service (Richmond Hill, Canada), the tech took it from me, checked it in the back and came out 5 minutes later with a brand new 1500 in the box!  Awesome customer service, since and I was expecting a tough time since I bought it just over 3 years ago.  No questions asked, no bill required...awesome experience.

#5 taskerc

taskerc

    taskerc

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67180
  • Joined: 10/06/2008
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • Ebay ID:golferguy2727
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

View PostSmooth spin scott, on Jun 4 2009, 12:58 PM, said:

Well my Pinseeker 1500 was acting up, hard to get distances past 100 yards, and often distance were way off. Brought it in directly to Bushnell customer service (Richmond Hill, Canada), the tech took it from me, checked it in the back and came out 5 minutes later with a brand new 1500 in the box! Awesome customer service, since and I was expecting a tough time since I bought it just over 3 years ago. No questions asked, no bill required...awesome experience.

Now that is good to know - I have found this time and tiem again, if you can walk in, do because dealing with real people makes a difference.  I have spent so much time in Return Authorization hell already in this lifetime.

Chris


#6 ShortButCrooked

ShortButCrooked

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82395
  • Joined: 05/08/2009
  • Location:San Jose, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

View Postpmas93, on May 23 2009, 09:38 AM, said:

I have the 1500 and it started only showing distances of 63 yards and less.
I sent it back to them last week.  When I called I was told it would be 4-6 weeks.
I was prepared up front for the time, I just hope they don't give me any crap about fixing it.  When I told the lady the problem, she said, "We will inspect it and determine the problem and let you know how much it will be to fix it."  I politely informed her that as much as I paid for their product with a 2 year warrenty, it had better not cost anything!
If I get anything related to a bill from them I'm calling the lady back and tell them not so politely!
Hopefully things will turn out OK.

This is a bit disconcerting. I am starting to have the same problem, although it's not as severe. The distance I can get with my 1500 comes and goes. Sometimes I can get distances from flags at 100, sometimes at 150, sometimes at 180. But now never at 200+. But I can get distance to a person holding the flag at 200+. Clearly the laser is off or it needs some sort of realignment.

I called customer service and they want me to send it in for repair. She quoted me 5-6 weeks turnaround. She asked how long ago I purchased it, two year warranty, etc., and requested that I send in my receipt. Of course I can't find the receipt, and my recollection is that I bought this more than 2 years ago anyway. The issue for me is that the problem surfaced quite a while ago, but I have lived with it. In any case, I am going to send it in and hope for the best.

What I consider fair in my case is, at least look at it as soon as possible and determine whether it needs to be replaced or can be fixed. If it can't be fixed, let me know so I can replace it (and I don't want to wait 5-6 weeks to find out). Since it's past the warranty period, I understand if they can't replace it free of charge. If it can be fixed via an re-alignment, don't charge me for it. In that case, I would be willing to wait the 5-6 weeks for them to repair and send back to me. Does this sound reasonable?

#7 Mainlinegolfer

Mainlinegolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18789
  • Joined: 09/02/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

I had the orginal Bushbell Tour that simply stopped working.  I thought it was simply dead batteries but it was determined that I had to send it in for repair.  I had the same lengthy wait and was then told that my model had been replaced with the V2 and they couldn't repair mine because they no longer had parts for the older model.  Howver, I could purchase the new model at full retail price.

I replied that regardless of whether it was the "older model", I had only had it for a year and rarely used it.  I also said that I expected better customer service from a company with Bushnell's reputation.  After speaking with a supervisor and expressing my disappointment, I was sent a new V2 as a replacement without cost.  It seems to just take a little pushback to get the correct response, but the "backlog" or whatever cause the wait was annoying.  Happy ending, though.

#8 Williams5203

Williams5203

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84032
  • Joined: 05/27/2009
  • Location:Northern PA
  • Ebay ID:Supermatty5
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:10 AM

This is odd, I wonder if this is just dealing with their gps products. I have used this service multiple times for riflescope repair and have had them replaced in 2-4 weeks with no problems at all. Very dissapointing to hear though. I agree completely with you on your main point. If you pay $300 plus dollars for a product it should work, and if it doens't they should bend over backwards to kissing your A.. to make sure it gets  fixed ASAP. Customer service in general these days is sub par in many areas....

#9 wmiller

wmiller

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63569
  • Joined: 08/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

I have the same issue with my pinseeker 1500.  It started a year ago when the LCD would fade out, wouldn't get yardage and I thought it was from the sun when I golfed in Scottsdale.  Then I dropped it in a pro shop and wouldn't read anything but 28'.  So I got the repair address, boxed it up and sent it in.  I called them last week to be sure they received it.  The lady (she must say the same thing to everyone) told me it would be 2-4 weeks BEFORE they look at it and another 3-4 weeks before I could expect it back.  I said, "Are you kidding me?  You mean I am not going to have it until August?  She says, "Well this IS the busy season and we are backed up."  I am stunned at the delay, I sent my eye 2 irons to Ping last July to get reshafted and it only took 2 weeks!  I think 8 weeks is a tad TOO long for repairs-even Apple has a quicker turn around.   But I am at their mercy, my home course uses Laser Link and I am going to look into getting one.

I hate waiting.  I wonder how long it would take if I would have sent it in during the winter?

#10 winnddyy

winnddyy

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82386
  • Joined: 05/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

For those that consider sending your broken Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 to Bushnell to repair...
I sent my 1500 Pinseeker unit to Bushnell 6 weeks ago for repair as mine only gave me any distances up to 60 yards.  Received update from Bushnell yesterday (online) that it will cost me $285.00 to repair.  I called them this morning trying to get an explanation and was told that it will cost that much to repair the old 1500 Pinseeker unit OR they will send me an upgrade NEW 1600 Pinseeker unit for the same amount of $285.00 (they will keep my old 1500 unit, however.)  
Needless to say, I was not happy with Bushnell's "repair approach".  I will not buy another Bushnell product ever.

Edited by winnddyy, 23 June 2009 - 09:04 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 pmas93

pmas93

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11897
  • Joined: 02/13/2006
  • Location:Flowery Branch, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:05 PM

I post back on May 23rd that I had sent my 1500 in for repair.  Just an update, today, July 3rd UPS guy shows up on my doorstep with a box for me.  It was a brand new 1600 from bushnell.  It took them 6 weeks, but I can't argue with the result.
Just wanted to let those out there know there is hope with Bushnell customer service.

#12 Metalhead

Metalhead

    I love this GAME!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47
  • Joined: 04/18/2005
  • Location:Great NorthWet
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:13 PM

My 1500 is on the fritz too.....but jeez, if Bushnell takes 6-8 weeks just to decide to send a new 1600 out- that seems like very poor management.....especially in 6-8 weeks it will be raining and snowing....anyone want to buy a 1500 slope that needs work?

#13 PGAPankey

PGAPankey

    PGA Professional

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56059
  • Joined: 05/18/2008
  • Location:Jupiter, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:12 AM

View Postwmiller, on Jun 15 2009, 09:43 PM, said:

I have the same issue with my pinseeker 1500. It started a year ago when the LCD would fade out, wouldn't get yardage and I thought it was from the sun when I golfed in Scottsdale. Then I dropped it in a pro shop and wouldn't read anything but 28'. So I got the repair address, boxed it up and sent it in. I called them last week to be sure they received it. The lady (she must say the same thing to everyone) told me it would be 2-4 weeks BEFORE they look at it and another 3-4 weeks before I could expect it back. I said, "Are you kidding me? You mean I am not going to have it until August? She says, "Well this IS the busy season and we are backed up." I am stunned at the delay, I sent my eye 2 irons to Ping last July to get reshafted and it only took 2 weeks! I think 8 weeks is a tad TOO long for repairs-even Apple has a quicker turn around. But I am at their mercy, my home course uses Laser Link and I am going to look into getting one.

I hate waiting. I wonder how long it would take if I would have sent it in during the winter?

  This is a very common problem with the 1500. I work in a proshop in Florida and have already sent back 3 1500s for repair with the same problem. One had a $50 repair cost, one had a $200+ repair cost and im still waiting to hear back on the third. I agree with you guys though, if you pay $300 for something it should work. And if it doesn’t then the company should at least act like they care about making it right. I would probably stay away from the 1500 unit though.
Titleist 910D3 8.5* - Matrix F6M2 Std
906F4 - Matrix Matte Blue Altus
910H 17* - Matrix Matte Blue Altus
AP2 714 - Steelfiber i110cw
Vokey TVD - 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Sonoma

#14 winnddyy

winnddyy

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82386
  • Joined: 05/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:33 AM

A friend of mine also had a broken (not register distances longer than 70 yds) Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker that he sent back to the factory for warranty repair without any luck: unrepairable was Bushnell's response.  Just like me, he refused to accept their trade-in offer and said : "the hell with Bushnell"

We pay $400.00 for their product that supposed to survive the outdoor environment and Bushnell did not hold up their end of the bargain: warranty-wise or even trying to repair the dammaged product for a reasonable cost.

#15 ShortButCrooked

ShortButCrooked

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82395
  • Joined: 05/08/2009
  • Location:San Jose, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:27 AM

View PostShortButCrooked, on Jun 4 2009, 11:33 AM, said:

View Postpmas93, on May 23 2009, 09:38 AM, said:

I have the 1500 and it started only showing distances of 63 yards and less.
I sent it back to them last week.  When I called I was told it would be 4-6 weeks.
I was prepared up front for the time, I just hope they don't give me any crap about fixing it.  When I told the lady the problem, she said, "We will inspect it and determine the problem and let you know how much it will be to fix it."  I politely informed her that as much as I paid for their product with a 2 year warrenty, it had better not cost anything!
If I get anything related to a bill from them I'm calling the lady back and tell them not so politely!
Hopefully things will turn out OK.

This is a bit disconcerting. I am starting to have the same problem, although it's not as severe. The distance I can get with my 1500 comes and goes. Sometimes I can get distances from flags at 100, sometimes at 150, sometimes at 180. But now never at 200+. But I can get distance to a person holding the flag at 200+. Clearly the laser is off or it needs some sort of realignment.

I called customer service and they want me to send it in for repair. She quoted me 5-6 weeks turnaround. She asked how long ago I purchased it, two year warranty, etc., and requested that I send in my receipt. Of course I can't find the receipt, and my recollection is that I bought this more than 2 years ago anyway. The issue for me is that the problem surfaced quite a while ago, but I have lived with it. In any case, I am going to send it in and hope for the best.

What I consider fair in my case is, at least look at it as soon as possible and determine whether it needs to be replaced or can be fixed. If it can't be fixed, let me know so I can replace it (and I don't want to wait 5-6 weeks to find out). Since it's past the warranty period, I understand if they can't replace it free of charge. If it can be fixed via an re-alignment, don't charge me for it. In that case, I would be willing to wait the 5-6 weeks for them to repair and send back to me. Does this sound reasonable?

Since this thread was brought back to life, I thought I would add what ended up happening to me.

Bushnell called me probably 3 weeks after I sent in the 1500. I don't even remember all the things that they told me needed to be fixed, but there were at least 4! The laser needed to be realigned. The sensor was fried from over-heating. And a couple of other things. She said it would cost $85 to fix. I thought about it and decided to go ahead with it. They charged my credit card $85 and then sent me a new 1600. Mixed feelings about this, but in the end, I guess I'm satisfied with the result.

I will be more careful handling the 1600 (didn't realize how fragile these things are) and not leave it in my bag when I keep my bag in the trunk during summer (to keep the sensor from overheating).


#16 Solutions Etcetera

Solutions Etcetera

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33999
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Northern Sierras
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

A month is absurd for an in-warranty repair. Hell, it is absurd for any repair, especially from the manufacturer. I have heard such great things about the Bushnell rangefinders but never really looked at them as my experience over the years with them on rifle scopes and binoculars is that they were strictly a third tier player.

Sorry to hear their customer service is also third tier. Plenty of great brands out their (Nikon, Leupold).

4 to 6 weeks for an in-warranty repair. Shame on you Bushnell!

#17 ishank1

ishank1

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3909
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
  • Location:Charlotte, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:30 PM

I had a similar experience.  My 1500 would only work intermittently -- it would work fine for a few holes then stop working, then start working again for several holes.  I thought it might be the battery so I replaced it and that helped for a few rounds, but ultimately it just wouldn't work consistently.  By this time it was about 3 months beyond the 2 yr warranty.  When I called I was told by the lady who answered that if it's out of warranty, it's out of warranty and they would charge to repair.  After reading this thread I decided to send it in to see what they would do.  About 6-7 weeks later I received a brand new 1600 model.  No explanation, no email, no call, just a new range finder.  Works for me.  Thanks Bushnell.

#18 ptbridges

ptbridges

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84983
  • Joined: 06/08/2009
  • Location:North Carolina
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:24 PM

I sent my 1500 in at the start of July.  At first they sent me back a refurbished 1500.  Tried it out and the LCD on it was messed up.  Sent that one back and they sent me a BRAND NEW 1600 Tournament Edition!  Took a little time, but well worth the wait:)

#19 mickw

mickw

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36991
  • Joined: 08/10/2007
  • Location:NY
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:38 PM

Not to rain on anyone's Bushnell parade...but if you get the chance, try a Nikon/Callaway. I've had the LR1200 for 3 seasons now, and I can't complain about anything. Easy to use, accurate, and it operates on a CR2 battery...which I haven't changed once. Just my 2 cents.

#20 jaycajun

jaycajun

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67925
  • Joined: 10/20/2008
  • Location:Bulverde (North of San Antonio), TX
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:31 AM

My Bushnell started acting up and I was shopping for a new one and noticed that hunting stores (Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, etc.) sell "hunting" laser range finders that are pretty much the same as the "golf" ones MUCH cheaper.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 78Staff

78Staff

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3676
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

View Postmickw, on Sep 24 2009, 10:38 PM, said:

Not to rain on anyone's Bushnell parade...but if you get the chance, try a Nikon/Callaway. I've had the LR1200 for 3 seasons now, and I can't complain about anything. Easy to use, accurate, and it operates on a CR2 battery...which I haven't changed once. Just my 2 cents.

Nikon has the same story... I sent one in and they basically quoted me about 75% of the cost of a new one to repair.  Big Nikon fan for Cameras and Lenses but never again for a rangefinder.

All companies suck, is basically what I'm saying ;).
Callaway BB Alpha 10.5* Zeta Tour 60s
Callaway BB 15* Zeta 70s
Adams Super LS 22* Kuro Kage 80s
Callaway Apex 4-PW PX 6.0
MD2 52/56/60*
Cameron Studio Style Newport

#22 cardoustie

cardoustie

    -24 in a 2 man scramble

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65255
  • Joined: 09/09/2008
  • Location:Aurora ON Great White North
GolfWRX Likes : 524

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:02 PM

View PostSmooth spin scott, on Jun 4 2009, 12:58 PM, said:

Well my Pinseeker 1500 was acting up, hard to get distances past 100 yards, and often distance were way off. Brought it in directly to Bushnell customer service (Richmond Hill, Canada), the tech took it from me, checked it in the back and came out 5 minutes later with a brand new 1500 in the box! Awesome customer service, since and I was expecting a tough time since I bought it just over 3 years ago. No questions asked, no bill required...awesome experience.


Two Bushnell's replaced in Rich Hill for me in the last 3 yrs.  My first one was 4 yrs old and they still gave me a new one.  

Picked up a brand new unit again last week.  No Q's asked
Cally x2 pro 10.5* Fuji TS 757x
Callaway x2 hot 3 Deep Fuji SPDR-771TA
Callaway x2 hot  5 Deep Fuji TS 869x
Ping G25 20 & 23* Fuji TS 904HBx
Ping s55 5-PW. Nippon 1150x GH Tour
TVD M's >50* sm4, 55 & 60 sm2
WITB Link

#23 mickw

mickw

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36991
  • Joined: 08/10/2007
  • Location:NY
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:04 AM

View Post78Staff, on Sep 25 2009, 08:46 PM, said:

View Postmickw, on Sep 24 2009, 10:38 PM, said:

Not to rain on anyone's Bushnell parade...but if you get the chance, try a Nikon/Callaway. I've had the LR1200 for 3 seasons now, and I can't complain about anything. Easy to use, accurate, and it operates on a CR2 battery...which I haven't changed once. Just my 2 cents.

Nikon has the same story... I sent one in and they basically quoted me about 75% of the cost of a new one to repair. Big Nikon fan for Cameras and Lenses but never again for a rangefinder.

All companies suck, is basically what I'm saying ;) .



That sucks...did you switch to gps or go with another brand?

#24 StugyGolf

StugyGolf

    PING Player

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40138
  • Joined: 09/29/2007
  • Location:Vancouver BC
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:40 AM

Mine was having problems picking up things if there was something behind it (like the pin with a tree behind). So I brought it to my shop where I bought it, and they sent it in for me.

This was right smack dab in the middle of tourney season. Luckily for me, the shop owner is a great guy, and purchased an extra pinseeker to loan out for such an occasion.

Safe to say, I was using the loaner for almost the entire spring/summer, having only used my own V2 for two tournaments this year.

I have no complaints about the V2, I absolutely love it. But the customer service is NOTHING like we are used to in the golf industry, remember this about Bushnell, THEY ARE NOT A GOLF COMPANY! Their business is HUGE, and the golf is only a very small aspect of it. They do not treat golfers as "if we don't get this back to them right away they will switch brands", so they don't just send you a replacement right away, they try to fix the problem once they get to your unit, and then after that, they give it to a higher up if they can't fix it before they even consider giving you another one (which is what happened to me). The rangefinders are intricate pieces of equipment says bushnell, and they do not just replace them at a whim like Taylormade or Callaway will with a driver.

As much as the time and service was the craps from bushnell directly with the repair, I still love my rangefinder and have no plans on changing models or brands.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors