Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Any update on Slicefixer's new book / website? (merged)

343 replies to this topic

#1 Parzinski

Parzinski

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9201
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 rankoutsider

rankoutsider

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39690
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

We are getting the book ready to go.  I have done the photos and have most of the manuscript done.  We are updating the material on the pivot and transition.  As soon as that is done, the book is going to a publisher.  We are very close on that.

A kind of beta version of the website has been put together, put it needs a bit of work before it will be public.  We have some analysis software up and running, and we have a whole lot of video to put up as well.  We still have to work out some nuts and bolts about what is free and what is subscription, but it is getting there.

Thanks for the interest.  All of us know how much you guys want this to move forward and we are all doing our best to get it done.

Take care,
Rob

#3 caryk

caryk

Come to the dark side ... we have cookies!!! ;)

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4000
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

View Postrankoutsider, on May 16 2009, 11:54 PM, said:

We are getting the book ready to go.  I have done the photos and have most of the manuscript done.  We are updating the material on the pivot and transition.  As soon as that is done, the book is going to a publisher.  We are very close on that.

A kind of beta version of the website has been put together, put it needs a bit of work before it will be public.  We have some analysis software up and running, and we have a whole lot of video to put up as well.  We still have to work out some nuts and bolts about what is free and what is subscription, but it is getting there.

Thanks for the interest.  All of us know how much you guys want this to move forward and we are all doing our best to get it done.

Take care,
Rob
Do you have a target date for the release that you can share with us?  I know we're all very excited to get the book as well as see the website.  This is kinda like Christmas ... it can't get here soon enough!!!   :yahoo:

#4 rankoutsider

rankoutsider

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:24 AM

View Postcaryk, on May 17 2009, 10:34 AM, said:

Take care,
Rob
Do you have a target date for the release that you can share with us?  I know we're all very excited to get the book as well as see the website.  This is kinda like Christmas ... it can't get here soon enough!!!   :yahoo:

No real firm date, but the sooner the better on our end as well.  Geoff is doing more work on the section on the transition, and will get that to me soon for rewriting/editing.  After that, we are getting everything to a publisher and I am really hoping for a short turn around time on that end.

The website has a few more issues to resolve, but that is moving along as well.  Geoff and I talk about once a week or so, and we are really close to getting this work out there.

Thanks again guys.  Geoff is really very humbled by how interested you all are in the project.

Rob

#5 bosox24

bosox24

The will is everything.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31312
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

This is going to be the second golf instruction book I've ever purchased ("5 Lessons" is the other one).  The "Encyclopedia" alone has helped my game so much and really enlightened me, I can only imagine the book's impact.  Thanks for the update!

#6 MWL

MWL

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21716
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:28 AM

I hope it will be available on Amazon..   it would be great to see it up there as one of the bestsellers..

#7 caryk

caryk

Come to the dark side ... we have cookies!!! ;)

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4000
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

View Postrankoutsider, on May 17 2009, 11:24 AM, said:

Take care,
Rob

No real firm date, but the sooner the better on our end as well.  Geoff is doing more work on the section on the transition, and will get that to me soon for rewriting/editing.  After that, we are getting everything to a publisher and I am really hoping for a short turn around time on that end.

The website has a few more issues to resolve, but that is moving along as well.  Geoff and I talk about once a week or so, and we are really close to getting this work out there.

Thanks again guys.  Geoff is really very humbled by how interested you all are in the project.

Rob
Rob, any chance for a first edition autographed copy for WRX members when it comes out?   :clapping:

Edited by caryk, 02 July 2009 - 12:40 PM.

#8 minitour

minitour

Hater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16714
GolfWRX Likes : 445

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

Is this going to be an "easy read"?  As in, "plain english"?  Because I don't want to have to have two dictionaries and an encyclopedia next to me while I read about rotational torque and pivotal velocity and all of that crap...

Hoping for just some plain-jane words us non-college grads will understand.  Can't wait to see it!

-mini
R11 - 10.5* Dromos S
SLDR - 15* Stock Fujikura S
Scrach 18*-46* N.S.PRO S
Scratch 50*, 55*, 60* N.S.PRO S
Edel Putter
Titleist Pro V1X
WITB Link

#9 rankoutsider

rankoutsider

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

View Postcaryk, on Jul 2 2009, 12:39 PM, said:

View Postrankoutsider, on May 17 2009, 11:24 AM, said:

Take care,
Rob

Rob
Rob, any chance for a first edition autographed copy for WRX members when it comes out?   :clapping:

This is definitely in the works.  The only issue with this is that about 150 people have put their names down for this and I am not positive how many books we can get.  Shouldn't be a problem; I've added your name to the list.

Minitour: no worries about the plain-speaking nature of the book.  Geoff wouldn't do it any other way.  

Rob

#10 sheldonjhacker

sheldonjhacker

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,535 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87167
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:57 PM

please add me to the list. :partytime2:

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 haiongolf

haiongolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31397
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

add my name to the list as well!

#12 minitour

minitour

Hater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16714
GolfWRX Likes : 445

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

View Postrankoutsider, on Jul 2 2009, 02:37 PM, said:

Minitour: no worries about the plain-speaking nature of the book.  Geoff wouldn't do it any other way.  

Rob
Thank God!

Not that I don't appreciate the vast technical knowledge of several members here, but if I can't understand you it does me no good.

-mini

Edited by minitour, 02 July 2009 - 05:03 PM.

R11 - 10.5* Dromos S
SLDR - 15* Stock Fujikura S
Scrach 18*-46* N.S.PRO S
Scratch 50*, 55*, 60* N.S.PRO S
Edel Putter
Titleist Pro V1X
WITB Link

#13 mikpga

mikpga

Jammer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20303
GolfWRX Likes : 288

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

Looking forward to seeing it!

Will it be written with his Southern accent?

#14 Bucken77

Bucken77

Poor Mans Ho

• 1,966 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78551
  • Ebay ID:bucken77
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

Add me to the list as well please. I notice that SF comes to North Carolina to give lessons some times. I would love to catch him when he is here because I need some serious fixing.
Titleist 913 D2/White Tie Stiff
Titleist 2-4H S+ Stiff
Titleist AP2 714 5-GW
Titleist SM4 52/58
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylov

#15 nwb

nwb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69902

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:52 AM

Please add me to the list as well.

#16 777

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2538

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

PLEASE add me to the list as well!

#17 caller

caller

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70411
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:38 AM

Please add me to the list!

I am all in

#18 rankoutsider

rankoutsider

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

View Postmikpga, on Jul 2 2009, 06:23 PM, said:

Looking forward to seeing it!

Will it be written with his Southern accent?

I don't know if we can get this exactly right, but there will be some real Slice-isms in this thing.  I can't tell you how often I have busted a gut when he has been telling me a story.  Watch out for the line "I had to liquidate the empire to come up with that $1800...."  Another great one so far is "Golf and life have beaten the ego out of me, I can assure you of that."  I love that last one, since it is part of a whole philosophy of not getting too consumed by scores and results.

Anyway, there is a lot of his personality and voice in the book for sure.

Rob

#19 TheWoat

TheWoat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26424
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

I cant wait for the phrase, "humping the goat," to be immortalized in a published book.

#20 MacMia

MacMia

Tour Winner

• 664 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18687
  • Ebay ID:elindros
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

add me as well!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 thelatorres

thelatorres

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28617

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

How much more will there be in the book compared to the 220 page Slicefixer Bible I downloaded?   Personnally, the website has me going.  Being able to break down the proper mechanics of what Slicefixer's teaches is what I'm excited about.  Will certainly be worth the subscription fee.

#22 PhillyHack73

PhillyHack73

Tour Winner

• 648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43411
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

Haven't heard any updates lately on the book or website. Anybody know?

#23 stevestrike

stevestrike

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28481
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

The golf season's almost over!  Where's the beef?  I mean book?

The wait is killing me.

#24 PhillyHack73

PhillyHack73

Tour Winner

• 648 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:10 AM

View Poststevestrike, on Aug 28 2009, 09:17 PM, said:

The golf season's almost over!  Where's the beef?  I mean book?

The wait is killing me.

Steve,
I don't know what the problem is. I posed the same question last weekend and no response yet. I also pm'ed rankoutsider for any updates and no response yet from him although I only pm'ed him yesterday. I hope the book deal has not fell through.
If somebody knows anything, please update us. We are all wanting to know.

#25 rankoutsider

rankoutsider

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:35 AM

Sorry about not responding last week.  I didn't see the question.  Thanks for the PM.

Let me talk to Geoff today or tomorrow and see if he an I can get something definitive worked out in terms of completing the remainder of the work.  We are nearly done the manuscript, but important material on the transition and pivot needs to be added.  I think that Geoff feels that this is the real "heart" of the instructional material of the book, and wants it done in a way that reflects his thinking most accurately.  This obviously takes time.

Thanks again, guys, for the interest.

Best,
Rob

#26 newyorker

newyorker

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17833
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

Please add me to the list for a copy  :clapping:  (I've PM'd you to make sure).

Cheers

#27 PhillyHack73

PhillyHack73

Tour Winner

• 648 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:52 PM

View Postrankoutsider, on Aug 29 2009, 09:35 AM, said:

Sorry about not responding last week.  I didn't see the question.  Thanks for the PM.

Let me talk to Geoff today or tomorrow and see if he an I can get something definitive worked out in terms of completing the remainder of the work.  We are nearly done the manuscript, but important material on the transition and pivot needs to be added.  I think that Geoff feels that this is the real "heart" of the instructional material of the book, and wants it done in a way that reflects his thinking most accurately.  This obviously takes time.

Thanks again, guys, for the interest.

Best,
Rob

Thanks for the update. Let us know what Geoff is thinking about the book. Thanks again.

Edited by PhillyHack73, 29 August 2009 - 02:52 PM.

#28 hammerheel

hammerheel

Wreck 'em Tech!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87394
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

Sweetness. May this book be the best it can be!

#29 JohnnyNight

JohnnyNight

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105209
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

Any word on the website, as I recall there was to be a corresponding site related to the book.

#30 jcp907

jcp907

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72712

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

Please add me to the list!  

The forums have helped me with my slice, but now I have a hook, and some older faults are showing up.  I hope the answers will be in the book!

Jay

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors