Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best Golf Gloves? Detailed poll

299 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is it? (1705 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Premium Golf Glove?

1. Bionic (135 votes [7.91%])

Percentage of vote: 7.91%

2. Footjoy Stasoft (535 votes [31.34%])

Percentage of vote: 31.34%

3. Mizuno Skintite (74 votes [4.34%])

Percentage of vote: 4.34%

4. Nike Drifit Tour (123 votes [7.21%])

Percentage of vote: 7.21%

5. Nike Drifit Elite (25 votes [1.46%])

Percentage of vote: 1.46%

6. Nike Elitefeel (28 votes [1.64%])

Percentage of vote: 1.64%

7. Ping M-Fit (19 votes [1.11%])

Percentage of vote: 1.11%

8. Taylormade Tour (36 votes [2.11%])

Percentage of vote: 2.11%

9. Taylormade Targa (59 votes [3.46%])

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

10. Taylormade R7/R9 (37 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

11. Titleist Players (347 votes [20.33%])

Percentage of vote: 20.33%

12. Titleist Players Tech (39 votes [2.28%])

Percentage of vote: 2.28%

13. Titleist Permatech (12 votes [0.70%])

Percentage of vote: 0.70%

14. Titleist Permasoft (136 votes [7.97%])

Percentage of vote: 7.97%

15. Bridgestone Tour (29 votes [1.70%])

Percentage of vote: 1.70%

16. Callaway Tour (56 votes [3.28%])

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

17. Callaway Ion (17 votes [1.00%])

Percentage of vote: 1.00%

Best durable/all weather golf gloves

1. Bridgestone Inner edge (26 votes [1.52%])

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

2. Callaway Warbird (38 votes [2.23%])

Percentage of vote: 2.23%

3. Callaway X (35 votes [2.05%])

Percentage of vote: 2.05%

4. Etonic G Sok (16 votes [0.94%])

Percentage of vote: 0.94%

5. Etonic Soft Tech (13 votes [0.76%])

Percentage of vote: 0.76%

6. Footjoy F3 (107 votes [6.27%])

Percentage of vote: 6.27%

7. Footjoy SciFlex (419 votes [24.55%])

Percentage of vote: 24.55%

8. Footjoy Weathersof (692 votes [40.54%])

Percentage of vote: 40.54%

9. Nike Durafeel (97 votes [5.68%])

Percentage of vote: 5.68%

10. Nike Tech extreme (79 votes [4.63%])

Percentage of vote: 4.63%

11. Taylormade Stratus (64 votes [3.75%])

Percentage of vote: 3.75%

12. Wilson Prostaff (16 votes [0.94%])

Percentage of vote: 0.94%

13. Mizuno Dualflex/retro (105 votes [6.15%])

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Williams5203

Williams5203

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84032
  • Ebay ID:Supermatty5
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:04 PM

I use US Tour Gloves, with cabertta palms. They are extremly thin, and hard to find. They last me 15-20 rounds, and I can get all of them I want from a local driving range for 4 bucks a piece since I help the owner pick balls once a week.

I belive this is who make the Rock Bottom Golf Gloves mentioned above.

Kangaroo leather really is the "Ducksnuts" I have a pair of soccer shoes that I wore in high school, 8 years ago, and still wear to this day when kicking it around with the guys and they are still soft as a baby's bottom. But I have never come across a kangaroo leather glove... this may be something to look in to.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 Guillotine007

Guillotine007

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5080
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

View PostPepperturbo, on Sep 22 2009, 11:40 AM, said:

I checked out "cutter gloves"...interesting.  Kinda looks like a me too product, and very pricey at that being $34. compared to the best Cabrera leather golf gloves.

Part of the value of my choice in gloves is being able to see if my grip is set properly, when it's not my choice in golf gloves tell me by the end of 18 holes, sometimes sooner.  Their golf glove has been reinforced with what appears to be a different more sturdy material in those same wear areas which would make the glove last longer, but would eliminate its ability to tell me if my grip is off.

It's obvious they make gloves for all sports and probably good ones.  However, in those sports a glove plays a different roll compared to golf.  The "grip" in golf is one of the core contributors to successful ball striking, and it's slightly different compared to how one grips other sports equipment.  Its a good golf glove for a beginner or someone that isn't concerned about their grip and wants a glove to last forever... not a good grip for insuring a solid grip in golf.

the secondary material in Cutters gloves is not there to prevent wearing...it is a tacky rubber/silicon covering (similar to football receiver gloves but thinner) applied to areas that give you INCREDIBLE grip on the club.  The idea is that it will help your grip because the club is immensely more secure in your hands and you won't grip as tightly (which is the most common grip problem IMO).

They are pricey, but I feel they are easily worth it for 3 reason:
Better grip performance (like, much better...never had any slip)
Feel - the humid weather glove was soft and supple to the day it died...it felt like suede
Longevity - Glove lasted 2 years, probably 75 rounds of golf plus practice.

I've not tried the Pro-Fit or Tour Glove and from what Cutters is saying I don't think those gloves hold up as long, particularly the Tour Glove.  The Humid Glove (which I got solely because I'm a heavy sweater) had AMAZING durability, almost mythical amongst my friends.  I replaced every club in my bag (and putter twice) before the glove died.

#63 flower_drop

flower_drop

• Account Hold
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94578
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:21 PM

fj tours but theyre only good for 2 rounds. more durable players gloves would be taylormade, but added thickness hurts feel

#64 AzPGAPro

AzPGAPro

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71693
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:26 PM

Ping makes one of the best gloves and no one knows about it.  It is so soft you don't have to break it in!
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind...

#65 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

Glengoyne 21yr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1013

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:41 PM

View PostGuillotine007, on Sep 22 2009, 11:20 AM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on Sep 22 2009, 11:40 AM, said:

I checked out "cutter gloves"...interesting.  Kinda looks like a me too product, and very pricey at that being $34. compared to the best Cabrera leather golf gloves.

Part of the value of my choice in gloves is being able to see if my grip is set properly, when it's not my choice in golf gloves tell me by the end of 18 holes, sometimes sooner.  Their golf glove has been reinforced with what appears to be a different more sturdy material in those same wear areas which would make the glove last longer, but would eliminate its ability to tell me if my grip is off.

It's obvious they make gloves for all sports and probably good ones.  However, in those sports a glove plays a different roll compared to golf.  The "grip" in golf is one of the core contributors to successful ball striking, and it's slightly different compared to how one grips other sports equipment.  Its a good golf glove for a beginner or someone that isn't concerned about their grip and wants a glove to last forever... not a good grip for insuring a solid grip in golf.

the secondary material in Cutters gloves is not there to prevent wearing...it is a tacky rubber/silicon covering (similar to football receiver gloves but thinner) applied to areas that give you INCREDIBLE grip on the club.  The idea is that it will help your grip because the club is immensely more secure in your hands and you won't grip as tightly (which is the most common grip problem IMO).

They are pricey, but I feel they are easily worth it for 3 reason:
Better grip performance (like, much better...never had any slip)
Feel - the humid weather glove was soft and supple to the day it died...it felt like suede
Longevity - Glove lasted 2 years, probably 75 rounds of golf plus practice.

I've not tried the Pro-Fit or Tour Glove and from what Cutters is saying I don't think those gloves hold up as long, particularly the Tour Glove.  The Humid Glove (which I got solely because I'm a heavy sweater) had AMAZING durability, almost mythical amongst my friends.  I replaced every club in my bag (and putter twice) before the glove died.

Thanks for clarification.  IMO the tacky covering from their image is in a bad spot.  The club grip sets across the base of my fingers.   When gripped properly there's never any wear in the padded palm section of my Callaway Tour series glove, and they last me a year at near half the price.  Recently I was able to get "2" Callaway tour gloves and a suede-tech microfiber glove at Costco's all for $15.  They should last me about 2yrs, that's plenty.

If my grip meanders off I will see wear in the lower palm pad section; that should be very important to any golfer.  Sorry, but I wouldn't want a tacky covering that enhances my grip, and don't need a glove to last 2yrs; but that's me. :D  I value a quality leather glove, not to improve my grip, but just to be thin which allows a proper grip.  Good luck with your choice.

SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#66 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

Glengoyne 21yr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1013

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:46 PM

View PostAzPGAPro, on Sep 22 2009, 11:26 AM, said:

Ping makes one of the best gloves and no one knows about it.  It is so soft you don't have to break it in!

I've never heard of breaking in a quality cabretta leather golf glove.  I actually like a new glove feel.  My tour buddy wears a glove for only two rounds for that very reason.
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#67 freddiec

freddiec

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2258
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

Titleist Players in cooler weather and Callaway Tour Series in warm weather.  The Nike glove with the black mesh in the fingers is also really good.

#68 Buddyjay

Buddyjay

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 84720
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:50 AM

I was trying clubs at GOlfsmith and used one of thier Titleist gloves. The feel, to me, was incredible. I bought one and it lasted two rounds before it started to split. Bought a $6 glove at Walmart and it is still going strong after 20 rounds.

But my new favorite is the Bionic glove. I know, don't laugh. I tried it because my hands were hurting. The glove has a great feel and you can definately grip it lighter because of the padding.
The ONLY negative about it, is that it doesn't seem to breath very well. My hand perspires in it and after a few holes, when you take it off and then put it back on, you can feel the moisture in the glove. BUT, that moisture does not transfer to the outside. The grip area is always nice and dry through the entire round.

#69 59Bassman

59Bassman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57022
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:35 AM

View PostSantee, on Sep 11 2009, 03:47 PM, said:

the mizuno retroflex is, in my opinion, after trying a few different gloves, the best all around glove, it fits great, has really good durability, and compared to a lot of the other popular gloves it's a steal, it's 10 or 11 bucks at golfsmith.

YES!!

+2 - I really like the Retroflex.  I have long, thin fingers, and the Retroflex is the only one that really fits me without feeling like I've got a bunch of material rolling around on my hands.

#70 CheckJV

CheckJV

Male Model

• 1,147 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93640
GolfWRX Likes : 182

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:33 AM

View Post59Bassman, on Sep 26 2009, 06:35 AM, said:

View PostSantee, on Sep 11 2009, 03:47 PM, said:

the mizuno retroflex is, in my opinion, after trying a few different gloves, the best all around glove, it fits great, has really good durability, and compared to a lot of the other popular gloves it's a steal, it's 10 or 11 bucks at golfsmith.

YES!!

+2 - I really like the Retroflex. I have long, thin fingers, and the Retroflex is the only one that really fits me without feeling like I've got a bunch of material rolling around on my hands.

All I ever play anymore is the Mizuno.  They are $10 at my club and fit great and last "forever."  I do not think I will ever go back to leather.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#71 clc55

clc55

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89329
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:09 AM

I think those cutter gloves are the ones Barkley wears on the show. Always wondered who made those.

#72 Ogre41

Ogre41

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20279
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:32 PM

The Bionics are downright awesome.  Plus, they come in all black.  It doesn't look like mine has ever been worn and I've used it all year.
R7 460 Speeder 682
VSteel 15 Profirce Fairway
Baffler Pro 18
MP60 4-P Project X
900 Brz, Idea Pro Forged, Colonial
White Ice #6 Superstroke Ultra

#73 aussieb

aussieb

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75233
  • Ebay ID:bertrangb

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:55 AM

View Postfloggolf, on May 11 2009, 12:22 AM, said:

What about HJ Gloves. Nothing is better!

I buy the premium ones by the box these for $2.99, as nobody has a clue how good or who these are.  They make cadet ML for lefty that are better fitting, longest lasting and best stitched.  This Korean company should be on the list.  

Titleist Players and Footjoy Sci-Flex are my selctions, but the are backup option gloves to use when I can get them for lefty.  Way in the back of my mind.  The rest is garbage for me.  I do want to demo the new FJ SPIDR2 as the microfiber gloves are really good in wet, humid conditions.

Edited by aussieb, 20 February 2010 - 01:16 PM.

#74 petter7

petter7

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8005
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

The gloves that I get for free always feel the best to me.  ;)

Titleist and Mizuno have really treated me well over the years.

Thanks guys!!

#75 Super Bomber Man

Super Bomber Man

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92424
  • Ebay ID:krnxextacy

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

I like the TM targa but it does wear a little quick compared to other golves.  other than that, it has a great grip.

#76 paully25

paully25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69453

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

View PostSuper Bomber Man, on Oct 29 2009, 03:18 PM, said:

I like the TM targa but it does wear a little quick compared to other golves. other than that, it has a great grip.

Another vote for this one....most comfortable glove I have used

#77 ericm007

ericm007

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36361
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:dgolfer007

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:14 AM

Whatever is cheap. I've used the T Armour from Sam's for the last few years with good results, can't beat about $8 a glove. They don't carry them anymore though so I picked up a supply from Ebay to last me about a year.

#78 502 to Right

502 to Right

Badds

• 7,334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23773
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1640

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:57 PM

Mizuno Retroflex.  Quality leather and no nonsense.  That and the sewing on the thumb provides for perfect comfort.
Driver through LW: mostly Cleveland
Putter: Byron DH-89 in stainless

#79 Fiend76

Fiend76

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97916

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:00 AM

Under Armour makes a very good glove.

They are very comfortable and very durable.

I purchased 25 of these at Golf Town on sale for $12.00

http://www.underarmo...ove/1000774-100

Regarding Kangaroo gloves.

You can still get them thru www.houseofkangaroo.ca

They are great gloves but really expensive.

They also make great golf shoes that last forever.

Edited by Fiend76, 05 November 2009 - 12:03 AM.

#80 QWKDTSN

QWKDTSN

Dreaming of Bandon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57534
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:01 AM

Best glove is FJ Raingrip.

My hand sweat a lot in the summer, and leather gloves just get nasty.  Weathersof gloves wear out in 2 weeks.

I have been playing the same Raingrip glove since August with no sign of it wearing out (other than stretching out somewhat.  Maybe I'll throw it in with a load of clothes to see if it shrinks?).  Great grip no matter how wet or dry.  Great feel.  Looks great (black gloves are always good for that renegade look).

The only drawback to the Raingrip glove is the fact that they are sold in pairs and I have no need for a RH glove even when it's raining.

If FJ sold them as a single glove I would buy a few dozen and be done buying gloves for the rest of my life!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#81 The Gachet

The Gachet

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50068
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

I use the Mizuno Retroflex but must admit I tried on a Titleist Players today and was shocked at the softness, quality and feel of the glove.

#82 Lefty325

Lefty325

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 96766
  • Ebay ID:clubtechgolfshop
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

Love the sci flex but I have to admit it wore out faster then you can imagine. The FJ F3 is great feel and lasts

#83 Par Fore

Par Fore

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49091
  • Ebay ID:barneys6
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

I use the Bridgestone inner edge all year, kind of think but very sticky and I have the feel of a 16 year old boy on his first date so they work good for me.

#84 PGA_09

PGA_09

Tour Winner

• 577 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68911
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

I really like the new Nike Dri-Fit Tour TW glove, I know bad timing on the release of anything with the TW logo on it, but the glove is very soft, thin, and has an elastic piece on the velcro closure to allow for a better fit. There are very subtle silver accents on the fingers and one running down the back from under the index finger. Nice and breathable as well.
Big Berth Alpha Project X Handcrafted
X2 Hot 3 Deep Project X Handcrafted
X2 Hot 5 Deep Project X Handcrafted
Apex UT 21/24* Apex MB 5-PW Nippon Modus
Odyssey Milled Collection #9
MD2 Tour Grind 54/60* Nippon Modus
WITB Link

#85 all4's

all4's

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55901
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

I am with DavidR, the Cleveland Tour Action is the most comfortable glove I have come across.  It is a really thin, supple leather that doesn't last long but is a dream while it does.  

It wasn't in the poll so I vote for the next best one I have tried which is the Taylor Made Tour

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Motore VC6.2
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 15*
Cobra Baffler 3H & 4H
Nike VR Pro Combos, MODUS3 120's
Nike VR Pro 50/54/58 DG S400's
Odyssey XG Hawk

#86 MmmBaker

MmmBaker

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100021
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:24 PM

The Players and Weathersof for me.  Always have a couple of each in my bag.

#87 callawayaddict

callawayaddict

Bringing a Little New School to the Old School Game

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36921

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

i gotta stick with the Cutters Glove.. its still amazing.. after all this time, i still only use 1 glove.

#88 acquadiice

acquadiice

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98821
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

big fan of the titleist players glove - the sizing fits me better than any other glove out there - only problem is that it gets worn out faster than any glove out there...

#89 Pweb44

Pweb44

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67268
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

Taylormade have always been a favorite of mine, I find their gloves the most comfortable to wear.

#90 scottleo

scottleo

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52725
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

Footjoy F3 is great for me.  I buy 4 pairs and rotate every 9 holes.  Seems to make them last longer and keep them stored in original sleeve stored in my bag.  Also on humid, rainy days I will let them dry out to make them last longer.

SLDR 460 12* Aldila Tour Green 65s
SLDR 3HL Aldila Tour Blue 75s
SLDR 4 Aldila Tour Blue 85s
TM MC Irons 4-PW C-Taper S
Vokey CC 52, 56, 60 C-Taper S
Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Black Mist

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors